Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Hong Kong Retailers

:

General

Old November 16th, 2009, 15:41   #1
venture

Hong Kong Retailers

Just wondering if anyone does business with Hong Kong retailers. Is the experience a pleasant one? In particular a company called KHMountain. I have to show my ignorance and admit that I have never heard of them. I know of Uncompany and Redwolf, etc. but never this KHMountain.

Are they reputable? Are any of the HK guys good to deal with?

http://www.khmountain.com/airsoft/home.php

By the way I did deal with an Ebay HK dealer and he was extremely good to deal with.

Well I did minimum research here, so flame away. hahaha, I can take it.

Visit us at :www.ventureairsoft.ca
venture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2009, 15:45   #2
cerealmaniac

Send a message via MSN to cerealmaniac
most HK retailers are great so far. i've order alot of parts from there and they have all arrived safely.. and quickly.

飛虎隊
NEED ANY OLD/USED AK/MP5 PARTS!PM ME!
Sales Thread Click Me
AEG sales thread
cerealmaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2009, 15:53   #3
Conflicts6

Yeah, Hong Kong sites are good. Another site is www.gunnerairsoft.com
It is really good, I just ordered some parts from them last monday and they are already in San Fransisco. (I get my stuff dellivered to michigan then go pick it up across the boarder, its cheaper) The payment went fast and was secure. Their prices were amazing.
Conflicts6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2009, 16:12   #4
Scarecrow
A Total Bastard

Send a message via Skype™ to Scarecrow
I would recommend you give the local Canadian retailers on this board a try. They sponsor the forums here and many sponsor local games and it helps build retail airsoft in Canada. You will also find in many cases their prices are quite competitive given shipping, exchange rates etc.
Old November 16th, 2009, 16:17   #5
coach
aka coachster

Also, a few Canadian Retailers will/can order parts for you when they make their orders. Just find out which HK retailer they deal with and check for your parts.

I've made several special requests with one vendor and he's gotten me 99% of what I asked for. It saves on shipping as he's already got an order and also saves me the hassle of customs and duty. I just pay it all at once when it arrives.
coach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2009, 16:34   #6
Jimski

UNcompany.com

ehobbyasia.com
Old November 16th, 2009, 16:41   #7
cerealmaniac

Send a message via MSN to cerealmaniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by coachster View Post
Also, a few Canadian Retailers will/can order parts for you when they make their orders. Just find out which HK retailer they deal with and check for your parts.

I've made several special requests with one vendor and he's gotten me 99% of what I asked for. It saves on shipping as he's already got an order and also saves me the hassle of customs and duty. I just pay it all at once when it arrives.
it just seems like everything i've tried to get a quote for has a 200% markup. with a 3 day shipping from Hong Kong it costs way less.

飛虎隊
NEED ANY OLD/USED AK/MP5 PARTS!PM ME!
Sales Thread Click Me
AEG sales thread
cerealmaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2009, 16:56   #8
venture

Thanks for all the quick replies.

Just to set your mind at ease, I am in the process of doing a deal with one of the Canadian guys. I just like to investigate all sources. I have used hotspot and airsoft atlanta as well as palcosports in the past. Sometimes you just see something for a really good price that can't be matched, you make an order and feel like you've done something cool in your hobby.

I fully support Canadian airsoft retailers and understand that those prices you see from outside the country are only part of what the total is going to be. I want all people who read this to understand this. Also, never purchase an aeg or gbb from these foreign outfits. They get the money, you get the grief.

Old November 16th, 2009, 17:04   #9
Scarecrow
A Total Bastard

Send a message via Skype™ to Scarecrow
Quote:
Originally Posted by cerealmaniac View Post
it just seems like everything i've tried to get a quote for has a 200% markup. with a 3 day shipping from Hong Kong it costs way less.
Shop around, there are plenty of Canadian retailers to compare to. Then look at all the cost to process an overseas order before putting an order in. People are often shocked when the product arrives at their door, only to find additional charges that they didn't calculate in the original price.

I'm not saying don't do it, I am just saying be mindful that this happens and that certain kinds of items are also difficult to get into the country without a hassle. You may find a local supplier more convenient. YMMV.
Old November 16th, 2009, 17:27   #10
Conker

I've tried KHMountain with no luck. I've got my order refunded three fucking times.

The first one, there was some event in China that got their customs more busy, and my package was supposedly stopped there (no guns, just gear and accessories). I've got a refund.

The second one (I reordered the same items), I was left without comms. I made a PayPal dispute after 3 weeks, then they started answering me a week after the claim. They asked me to cancel the dispute so they could process the order. I told them I preffered a refund, and I finally got it way later.

I gave them a last chance, simply since they had a bunch of items I couldn't find anywhere else. This time, I didn't order everything I was interested in; I just purchased what I couldn't find. Again, no comms or whatever, ever. They refunded me without comms just the day before the automatic dispute ending when I threatened that this was their last chance before a claim.

In short: don't even consider KHMountain.

Some HK retailers I've had good luck with (not always perfect, but overall a good experience)
-PX-Airsoft (Prompt shipping, good prices, but a bit slow for customer service)
-eHobby Asia (A+++)
-G-Military (They never answered my questions by email, but I had some good deals and everything was shipped fast. Shipping was goddamn cheap too)
-Airsoftpark (Good, fast comms, free shipping, very helpful to find items they didn't have listed)
-EBairsoft (Variable communications, was sometime fast, sometimes slow. Same thing for shipping. Overall good prices)

As it was said by the others, start by looking on the classifieds and with the canadian retailers. You can also find very good deals there.
Conker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2009, 22:32   #11
venture

Thanks a lot, Conker. Sorry I let this post get away on me.

Old December 13th, 2009, 22:55   #12
Huron
GabeGuitarded

I've personally had good experiences with WGC and Redwolf. My most recent order from WGC arrived at my house SHOCKINGLY fast - 4 days. And the order was a whole bunch of evil looking gun parts.
Old December 28th, 2009, 10:32   #13
johnnyb

Send a message via Yahoo to johnnyb
Try airsoft-Club.com , for accessories and parts
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2009, 10:52   #14
Panzerfaust

www.airsoftpark.com
Been dealing with them for a year now, free shipping, 2 weeks delivery time to the East Coast, no hassle ordering and good communications.
Almost all of my team-mates have ordered from there without any issues either.

http://www.novascotiaairsoft.ca
Panzerfaust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2009, 10:58   #15
Panzerfaust

Best service in country.....
www.airsoftparts.ca :0)

http://www.novascotiaairsoft.ca

Last edited by Panzerfaust; December 28th, 2009 at 19:15..
Panzerfaust is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General