Airsoft Canada
https://blackblitzairsoft.myshopify.com/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Doctor breaks spring guide...charges me for it???

:

General

Old April 20th, 2006, 21:09   #46
Greylocks

I'm not pissed at you. If I was, you'd know. You made a huge mistake and it cost you.
I bet you wont make that mistake again no matter what kind of hurry you are in.
By telling your story, you are actually helping others; they wont make that mistake either.

That is why I think that a list of people, stores and scammers to avoid should be posted as clearly as the recommended resources are.

If you want to know what I'm pissed at? It's the asshole who screwed you and will keep on screwing others as long as he can. I've fixed my share of guns, mine and those of others, before there was a Doctor's List. Not on it right now for lack of time. Guys like this retard make all of us look bad. Their crappy work destroys the love of the sport for new players.
As much as folks deserve to be known for their good work, they also deserve to be known if they are proven scammers.
Last time I was at Pacific Mall, I went to Kuramae just because I was curious. I knew about them already. Their quote for a GBB was so insanely high I was speechless. I left shaking my head.

You were screwed. It happens. Let's hope it does not happen again. Fair enough?
Greylocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2006, 02:26   #47
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer

Okay, my labour rates are high to help me keep my schedule in check, but the price of that Tokyo Marui spring guide is truly a ripoff!
ILLusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2006, 02:54   #48
Kokanee
Ministry of Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanhchan

Kuramae total is around $170
ASC gun doc would have been: $100-135 max
Not to kick a guy while he's down, but perhaps you're missing the point? From your join date looks like you've been around the community almost a year - perhaps it is time you learned to work on your own mechboxes? Teach a man to fish etc...

I would emplore you to find someone in your area whom can sit you down and go through the process (I would start w/ v3, very easy to work on) of upgrading a mechbox. The only thing that is really an "art" is shimming, but it's a straightforward (if time consuming) process once you've done it a few times.

Free your mind and your ass (and wallet) will follow! Good luck!
Kokanee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2006, 06:22   #49
Greylocks

Take Kokanee's advice. Really, he's got a point. You were screwed, but you've been here long enough to prevent this from happening in the first place.
Greylocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2006, 07:11   #50
yanhchan

Send a message via AIM to yanhchan Send a message via MSN to yanhchan
My main fear is that if I open up my gun and I fuck up somehow, and I take it to a real ASC docor they'll be like...haha time to part your gun out...."that scenero keeps replaying in my head everything I even think about opening up my gun" But yeah I see your point, I'll be in the states for 2 weeks in the summer, I'll buy a cheap UTG and take it apart and try and do some basic stuff with it and then leave it there for my U.S. gun.

Ask not what your country can do for you; ask what you can do for your country ~John F. Kennedy
yanhchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2006, 07:25   #51
Shrike
ASC Philosopher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kokanee
...perhaps it is time you learned to work on your own mechboxes? Teach a man to fish etc...

I would emplore you to find someone in your area whom can sit you down and go through the process (I would start w/ v3, very easy to work on) of upgrading a mechbox. The only thing that is really an "art" is shimming, but it's a straightforward (if time consuming) process once you've done it a few times.

Free your mind and your ass (and wallet) will follow! Good luck!
I would love to have that skill, some have a flair for computers, some for people, some for cars, some for jet engines. I suppose anyone could learn but we all have a predisposition to things we like and are good at. Do you fix your house yourself? plumbing? car? driveway? roof? If so kudos to you but not everyone can/wants to do that.

I have no problem paying a fair price for work done on items I own as I aknowledge a lack of skill at fixing things. No one is perfect.

That said the airsoft community is usually kind enough to help each other out for free and THAT is just another reason I love this sport. (or the guys/gals I usually play with.)
Old April 21st, 2006, 14:26   #52
DuffMan

Send a message via ICQ to DuffMan Send a message via MSN to DuffMan
Quote:
Ok I was going to go to 6mm but apperently he's bad too from the PMs I've gotten lately.
'Bad' is a bit strong...he's inconsistent. And kinda lazy. While he may not be the most industrious gun doc, his prices aren't bad, and while the quality of his worksmanship is on and off, he doesn't rip people off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greylocks
Their quote for a GBB was so insanely high I was speechless. I left shaking my head.
Quoted me $800 for a G36C once, $860 with a mag. No, that's not a spare hicap, that's the lowcap that COMES WITH THE GUN.

"He resisted. I asked him to comply."
"Telling him to 'eat it, bitch' is not really a request."
DuffMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2006, 14:45   #53
-=]MH[=-RaiDen

I'd pay that price, but thats if I get to spray his fking ass with fully loaded box M249
(then I flake hahahahaha)
Old April 21st, 2006, 15:41   #54
yanhchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by -=]MH[=-RaiDen
I'd pay that price, but thats if I get to spray his fking ass with fully loaded box M249
(then I flake hahahahaha)
Nah....just 10ft away with an upgraded BA sniper rifle that shoots 450fps.

Ask not what your country can do for you; ask what you can do for your country ~John F. Kennedy
Old April 21st, 2006, 15:55   #55
Mantelope
Scotty aka harleyb

Send a message via AIM to Mantelope Send a message via MSN to Mantelope
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duff_Man_in_CADPATs
Quote:
Ok I was going to go to 6mm but apperently he's bad too from the PMs I've gotten lately.
'Bad' is a bit strong...he's inconsistent. And kinda lazy. While he may not be the most industrious gun doc, his prices aren't bad, and while the quality of his worksmanship is on and off, he doesn't rip people off.
Inconsistency could be extremely dangerous. I've seen guns from 6mm with some very serious, gun-destroying problems. Too many shims, no shims whatsoever, no lube, problems with the electronics... you name it. Your gun MIGHT get out of there fine, but what if it doesn't?
Mantelope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2006, 18:05   #56
Lisa
Looking for form T-whatev

All you have to do is do a search on kurame or kuramae (or any other retailer out there that you might be interested in) and look for the statement that pops up most often. Hell I did a search on Kuramae and you see a post by yahnchan saying the store overcharges people. Unless the business/person is new you will see pleanty of posts if they're some what questionable.
Lisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2006, 20:06   #57
yanhchan

I knew they overcharge but I didn't know they break stuff and blame me for it.

ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General