Does anyone own a Bolle shellmet? I have a question

:

Gear Discussion

Old April 29th, 2007, 19:12   #1
Chubby

Send a message via ICQ to Chubby
Does anyone own a Bolle shellmet? I have a question

Hey

So yeah I was wondering something about the Shellmet. I seem to recall reading somewhere that the ear covers

are removable. I'm in the market for a helmet but it has to accomodate the headset I just bought. It's a toss up between the MICH 2000 helmet, or the shellmet. Does anyone know if you can remove the ear peices?

Hey by the way, I haven't taken any pictures yet, but what do you guys think of this headset?:

I just got it the other day. It fits Motorola 2 pin series radios and it's push to talk. The microphone is totally flexible and stays in whatever position you put it in.
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2007, 22:48   #2
panzer76

Hi

they are easily removable. They' re held by snaps.

Cheers!

[MTX]

________
Система
panzer76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2007, 07:11   #3
pOkiE

Send a message via AIM to pOkiE
like panzer said...they can be easily removed. I originally bought this helmet for when I go snowboarding in Tahoe and I played a few skirmishes with it after seeing it advertised on wgcshop. I have a MICH 2002 replica as well and prefer that one due to the lack on insulation. Unless youre playing in extremely cold weather (which you probably do with canadian winters), the Shellmet becomes very hot. I like the MICHs pad system alot better since it allows better ventilation and would probably be a better candidate for your spiffy new headset. personally, I use an IASUS throat mic and my earpiece doesnt conflict with either. The only thing I didnt like about the MICH is the retention system. If you go prone alot, you will definitely have to adjust your helmet from time to time since the side and rear straps are never taut at the same time. I would recommend replacing the retention system with one from OPS-Core (http://www.ops-core.com/product.cfm?...ategory_ID=5&). Because the staps cross in the back, both the side and rear straps align properlly and create a sturdy yet comfortable fit. If you liked the idea of goggle strap holders on the Shellmet like I did, you can also easily attatch a one via the rear retention nuts. I got one to match my Multicam set from Emdom (http://stores.skipjack.com/emdomusa/Detail.bok?no=38). Hope this helps with your decision man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxx View Post
I mean, even God carries a SOCOM.
pOkiE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2007, 07:16   #4
pOkiE

HAHA and I just found your post about OPS-Core! Its comfortable man...I would definitely recommend it!

Quote:
Old May 4th, 2007, 10:28   #5
Jar|-|ead
Banned

To be honest dude...i dont think that'll FIT together...i tried a protec one..almost the same model as your helmet..and i put on a peltor...the helmet keeps on popping UP from my head.
Jar|-|ead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2007, 08:20   #6
pOkiE

yeah there isnt really much room around the ears on the Shellmet. That and the fact that its supposed to fit snugly as this is a skate/snowboarding protective helmet. The MICH series look way cooler with the headset, a pvs-14, and the surefire helmet light haha

Quote:
Old May 7th, 2007, 12:07   #7
Ibby

Send a message via ICQ to Ibby
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubby View Post
but what do you guys think of this headset?
I think it will make for a lot of easy mercy kills. For the guy sneaking up behind you.
Old May 7th, 2007, 16:12   #8
Dracheous
Lego Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibby View Post
I think it will make for a lot of easy mercy kills. For the guy sneaking up behind you.
+1 that looks more like someone in a tank trying to hear his radio over the engine.

"The hydrogen economy car from the people who brought you the 'Hindenburg'" - Glen Foster

Condoms do not guarantee safe sex any more. A friend of mine wore one and was shot by the woman's husband!
Dracheous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2007, 19:42   #9
Chubby

Send a message via ICQ to Chubby
Heh yeah I looked closer at the shellmet and found it doens't look compatible at all with my headset (which is actually very comfortable on the ears), so I've ordered myself this:

Coincidentally, I do indeed own a PVS 14, of which I shall attach to said helmet

I was thinking of going with attaching a small rail, a scope ring and a scorpion to the helmet and maybe a helmet cam too.

But guess what's holding me back from going through with that?

$$$$$ !

I guess now that my tax return's been exhausted, I have to start save'n

Quote:
Originally Posted by pOkiE View Post
yeah there isnt really much room around the ears on the Shellmet. That and the fact that its supposed to fit snugly as this is a skate/snowboarding protective helmet. The MICH series look way cooler with the headset, a pvs-14, and the surefire helmet light haha
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2007, 08:00   #10
pOkiE

Wow I didnt know JUST was still making MICHs...they are really good quality and have the best(yet relative since mostly all stock MICH straps suck) retention systems of all the replicas. Did you order yours through UNCompany?

I didnt want to drill through my helmet to attach the NVG mount so I hunted down the replica mount strap by G&G (http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwol...?prodID=16941). I cant seem to find a place that has them in stock anymore though...I need to buy a new khaki/coyote one for my multicam set and a black one for my urban set. You know where I can get one?

Also...a high lumen output light on ur helmet may not necessarily be a good idea. Everyone you look at (while you have your light on) will most definitely be blinded. I had a buddy who used to wear a Surefire 6p like that claiming that he wanted to look like a medic and use it for navigation/admin use. He would blind us for fun(even when on the same team) since he thought it funny to see us get shot. We eventually duct taped him to a tree and unloaded on the bastard. He recently replaced the light with Surefires helmet light haha.

Quote:

Last edited by pOkiE; May 14th, 2007 at 08:04..
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Gear Discussion