Airsoft Canada
http://triggerairsoft.com/shop/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Hicapa 5.1 Problem (Hammer won't come forward)

:

Doctor's Corner

Old July 3rd, 2009, 13:35   #16
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer

Trigger issues are tricky... it's hard to diagnose it without it in my hands. The best way to confirm whether the hammer spring was strong enough or not is to try to drop the hammer without a mag inserted - if it's still sticking, then the hammer spring isn't the problem... putting in a stronger spring is just a band-aid solution, but does not actually solve the cause of the problem. If anything, all it's doing is just forcing its way past the problem, but the problem still exists. At best, it's just a brute force solution.

I've noticed with Freedom Art frames, there are some minor modifications of areas to fit components. It just needs a bit of file work.
ILLusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2009, 13:45   #17
ujiro

Send a message via MSN to ujiro
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLusion View Post
Trigger issues are tricky... it's hard to diagnose it without it in my hands. The best way to confirm whether the hammer spring was strong enough or not is to try to drop the hammer without a mag inserted - if it's still sticking, then the hammer spring isn't the problem... putting in a stronger spring is just a band-aid solution, but does not actually solve the cause of the problem. If anything, all it's doing is just forcing its way past the problem, but the problem still exists. At best, it's just a brute force solution.

I've noticed with Freedom Art frames, there are some minor modifications of areas to fit components. It just needs a bit of file work.
What do you mean by that, just try the hammer with no mag in or anything? It functions perfectly fine with no mag in, with a mag in and firing, and with a mag in with no gas. Unless you mean something else. I am going to continue to work on it though just to make sure that it isn't some other problem that the stronger hammer spring is forcing its way past, because if that is the case I will just end up dominating the internals.
Old July 3rd, 2009, 14:03   #18
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ujiro View Post
What do you mean by that, just try the hammer with no mag in or anything? It functions perfectly fine with no mag in, with a mag in and firing, and with a mag in with no gas. Unless you mean something else. I am going to continue to work on it though just to make sure that it isn't some other problem that the stronger hammer spring is forcing its way past, because if that is the case I will just end up dominating the internals.
I meant with the stock hammer spring... whatever was causing the problem before...
ILLusion is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner