Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Sniper rifle choice?

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old December 24th, 2005, 21:52   #1
sumojoe14

Sniper rifle choice?

I am venturing into sniping. I have been a sniper in the paintball world for a while, and like what i see for new opportunities in airsoft. I know people will say SPEND MORE MONEY! But I will only be using this for small games probably never in real big games (not much here in Minnesota). I'm calling all the snipers (or who own one) what i should get. These are the ones i have been looking at.

VSR G-Spec

...and dont laugh...

HFC USR-11
UTG M324

Ok first off since i am only using this for small games that is why there are the cheapies in the list. I am not planing to upgrade much. Probably only up to 390 fps or around that.

I like that the USR-11 is a VSR clone and completely campatible with its parts. Why would this be a bad/good decision. I've also heard that if you drill out the pin on the cylinder and take out the lead weight (based after real shock version) it boosts it up to 370-380 fps. If i could do this, this would probably be my prime choice.

If it is completely pointless to buy one of the cheaper ones. I would go with the G-Spec...The only reason i'm hesitating is that stock it shoots 280 fps. then i would have to upgrade.

Thanks for your help...and yes I'm up to the challenge of sniping. I've seen a lot of people grill other people that it sucks, but I love it. Thanks for you help.

Newbie to the forum,
Joe
sumojoe14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 24th, 2005, 21:56   #2
Lisa
Looking for form T-whatev

My experience with HFC is that they are poorly made.
Lisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 24th, 2005, 21:56   #3
yanhchan

Send a message via AIM to yanhchan Send a message via MSN to yanhchan
I'm not a sniper but I think everyone upgrades their sniper rifle because stock rifles are pieces of shit until you upgrade them to higher FPS. Since you get better range that way. Have you seen the Dragnov SVD on airsoft atlanta.

Maruzen Type 96 is like 320 FPS stock and it can be upgraded to shoot like 600FPS. Its only 60 bucks more then your G Spec

Ask not what your country can do for you; ask what you can do for your country ~John F. Kennedy
yanhchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 24th, 2005, 22:50   #4
gamer123
Banned

I'd choose the UTG one. It is around $100USD and you get bolt action sniper with rail and bipod and good fps. Heard many goods about it.
gamer123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 24th, 2005, 22:58   #5
yanhchan

Hey gamer...I'm talking about prices quoted by airsoft atlanta. Don't be a dumbass!!!!

Ask not what your country can do for you; ask what you can do for your country ~John F. Kennedy
Old December 24th, 2005, 23:08   #6
Greylocks

When you buy something, do you normally buy a quality product that wont let you down or a knock-off copy?

The Marui guns have had a good and well deserved reputation for a long time. So it really is your choice between that good reputation and saving a few bucks.

Choosing a gun because it has accessories is not wise. Choose it because it's been proven to work is best.
A lower price may seem like the best deal, and sometimes it is.

Right now I'd ask myself this question; if they bothered to COPY the Marui, where did they cut corners in quality? Are those cut corners worth the price difference? Are they worth the eventual headaches?
Greylocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 24th, 2005, 23:11   #7
gamer123
Banned

Yea that's true, in USA is cheaper to get the good quality guns than in Canada, by almost 1/2 price.
Old December 24th, 2005, 23:12   #8
Greylocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamer123
I'd choose the UTG one. It is around $100USD and you get bolt action sniper with rail and bipod and good fps. Heard many goods about it.
Maybe you should try things in person before making recommendations? I've seen you suggest some extremely poor ideas since you joined. Maybe you should stop?
Old December 24th, 2005, 23:14   #9
Bob the Angry Potato
*AV Status Suspended pending trade resolution*

Send a message via MSN to Bob the Angry Potato
Yeah, he has a point, you know...
Sorry, man.
Old December 24th, 2005, 23:19   #10
gamer123
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greylocks
Quote:
Maybe you should try things in person before making recommendations? I've seen you suggest some extremely poor ideas since you joined. Maybe you should stop?
Like what?

And if you are not posting regarding the thread's issue, maybe you should pm me directly instead of ruining other's thread? You should know better than that.
Old December 24th, 2005, 23:24   #11
yanhchan

Dude when greylocks tells you to shut up...you should shut up...seriously...

Have you even been to a game? Do you have as much experience as Greylocks has? He just posted in response to your post and suggested that you stop making dumb recommendations...I say greylocks beat you hands down on this one

Old December 24th, 2005, 23:29   #12
gamer123
Banned

Um I don't know why you are talking...

Sure he has more practical airsoft experience than me, but that has nothing to do with how he post.
Old December 24th, 2005, 23:31   #13
Greylocks

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greylocks
Quote:
Like what?

And if you are not posting regarding the thread's issue, maybe you should pm me directly instead of ruining other's thread? You should know better than that.
Ruining a thread is suggesting poor equipment to other new players when you are new yourself and base your comments on hearsay, which is what you are doing right now to this guy. You do this often. I pointed it out, again.
Old December 24th, 2005, 23:33   #14
BIGMEDCIN

For what it is worth, I own a TM VSR G-spec, I have got all the goodies in the way of springs,piston, piston guide, cyl and cyl head,trigger/piston sears, on and on!!

out of the box it shot 290fps, I can adjust it with combanations of spring rate up to 500 fps or any where between(more than 500 if you want)!

it is a well made rifle, under "good conditions" very accurate?

if you are new to airsoft sniper rifles, you will spend some frustrating times, finding the right combo for your application ie: BB weight, FPS etc....

Then when you can hit someone at a longer range than a AEG, dont get too comfortable with your first shot going were you want it, no matter what rifle you use.

rain, cold/hot weather will affect shot to shot, ever notice when you "warm" up you AEG, (get the hop- up to work) it takes a few shots to make the hop-up rubber pliable to work!

when you sit for a long time waiting for your first shot at someone, things will change from your "warm up" or "break-in" shots at the beginning of the day.

just some food for thought, I like my G-Spec, and will live with the little hick -ups, kind of makes sniping a game of it's own?

hope this helps
BIGMEDCIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 24th, 2005, 23:33   #15
gamer123
Banned

I don't see how you are doing any less. There's a reason why pm is there for us to use.
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion