Dogs playing airsoft

:

General

Closed Thread

Old September 11th, 2017, 15:39   #1
tylamarre
Should not be around animals without adult supervision

Dogs playing airsoft

Yeah I know, the title is funny. But I'm genuinely curious if anyone has played a small game using dogs before.

I just came across a set of z87 impact rated eye protection specifically meant for dogs ("rex specs" for anyone interested) and I was reminded of a game I played about 6 years ago that involved 2 dogs.

There were 16 of us and 19 acres of forest. 2 of us (myself included) were fugitives that had to run and hide from the rest. We weren't allowed any guns because the dogs didn't have eye protection so we didn't want to risk them getting shot. Everyone else was tasked with hunting us down.

We only survived about 30 minutes as one of the dogs did find us, followed by 5 players and we both got shot when we ran out onto the trail.

This was probably the most intense moment I've had in airsoft. We didn't do it again as we agreed it was still too risky but now that I see these glasses I'd really like to try this. It would be fun to give the fugitives weapons, perhaps pistols with very limited ammo.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Old September 11th, 2017, 16:38   #2
Cico

My dog has been shot by airsoft and he is ok with it from what I see. My issue would be two fold.

1. The potential for a dog to " snap" after being shot. Think of how players react when getting over shot? Now imagine an animal.
2. Liberal people whining that its animal cruelty. When my dog was hit it was by accident. I don't go shooting him on purpose but he likes running with me when I am messing around in the basement. He has not shown any issues with the fact he has been hit but hell if i know is he now has a phobia.

I think its is just way to big of a risk in games to have dogs in play.
A number of camo players just walked around with guns on their backs or hanging down with no kill indicators on them and expected players to know they are dead. I'm assuming most of these players drive BMW's and refuse to use the indicators because they know where they are going.
Old September 11th, 2017, 16:45   #3
tylamarre

Accidents certainly happen and that's why we never did it again. I think it depends entirely on the dog how they would react. The dogs we had were Labradors so they were pretty aloof. If they had ever got hit they probably wouldn't of registered it as aggression. When we played we all knew each other and the dogs very well. I don't think I would be willing to trust strangers though.

Old September 11th, 2017, 16:57   #4
Desmodus
Mexifaggot

In my opinion, dogs dont belong in airsoft. With the kinds of knuckleheads that can be found in this sport I wouldn't trust people shooting my dog (if I had one) with plastic pellets, WAY too much liability. Pets stay home.

Primaries: LCT AS VAL, Real Sword Type 56-2, VFC M4 CQB Mk2
Secondary: Latino heat, TM Glock 17
Old September 11th, 2017, 18:08   #5
tylamarre

You make a good point. I don't play with the same group anymore as I moved away. Of course there would be rules about not shooting the dogs but if people cheat already then what's going to stop some dumbass from shooting the dog. It would be a bad idea to incorporate animals if you have to rely so heavily on other people following rules, especially people you may not know very well. I guess this is why we can't have nice things

Old September 11th, 2017, 18:38   #6
RainyEyes
- Professional Complainer who wants to do nothing to help out. QQer maximus, will QQ for Free. Snowflake exemplified.

The game you played sounds super fun but I'd have to agree with no dogs allowed.

You can't obtain consent from the dog, and it's unfair for the animal to obtain consent from their owner on their behalf. Especially since doggo might get PTSD... Ya no. Manhunt with canines sounds fine and seems like a fun mini-break game during downtime but I wouldn't step foot on a field that would allow guns to be used while a dog is in play.

Especially since accidents happen... Airsoft pellets travel significantly faster than other projectiles, but still have travel time. Something that might not be in the way might get hit if it were under the right timings and get in the way.

Pic related:

Then you will pay that person to fix it for you.

Then you're not going to let your friends play with anything unless it's made by Fisher Price.
Old September 11th, 2017, 18:44   #7
tylamarre

Perhaps during a cease fire, rogue players could be revealed and both teams must work together on a manhunt. Dogs get brought in and the players are hunted and arrested.

Old September 12th, 2017, 01:25   #8
Ricochet
Can I ask you a serious question? How much sand can you fit in your vagina?

Let's put an animal that can't speak for itself and trusts you to take care of it at risk. That doesn't sound like a bad idea at all. Bad idea... full stop.

DETECTIVE DIAZ: ...With rocks.
Old September 12th, 2017, 08:20   #9
hollywood...
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricochet View Post
Let's put an animal that can't speak for itself and trusts you to take care of it at risk. That doesn't sound like a bad idea at all. Bad idea... full stop.
my thoughts exactly, stupid idea
Old September 12th, 2017, 08:25   #10
Amos

Send a message via MSN to Amos
I was once told "There's no such thing a stupid question" -- I have since learned principle doesn't extend to statements...
G3SD6
Old September 12th, 2017, 09:24   #11
devbro

I do not see how animals can be incorporated into an airsoft game where it is 100% safe for both animals and humans. the only possible game I could think that may remotely work is to have a VIP extraction where the VIP is the dog, or a game where you need to call to your dog to bring you mags when you run out.
VFC M4 MK18 Mark 1 Stock
DD M4 12.5" with Titan, work in Progress

Wish List:
TM KSG Shotgun
TM AA-12 Shotgun
A Girlfriend for my girlfriend
Old September 12th, 2017, 11:27   #12
Ricochet
Can I ask you a serious question? How much sand can you fit in your vagina?

I've been playing Airsoft a long time and I love the realistic aspect of it, HOWEVER, not everything translates well from real life into the game. You're out there to compete and have fun, not diminish the best of our people and their sacrifices. The limitations of technology and realism will always win out and should win out. If we want airsoft to continue to grow and not look like a bunch of diluted and immature jackasses, then we must make good decisions. Good Airsoft players make good choices.

DETECTIVE DIAZ: ...With rocks.
Old September 12th, 2017, 11:31   #13
Amos

Send a message via MSN to Amos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricochet View Post
I've been playing Airsoft a long time and I love the realistic aspect of it, HOWEVER, not everything translates well from real life into the game. You're out there to compete and have fun, not diminish the best of our people and their sacrifices. The limitations of technology and realism will always win out and should win out. If we want airsoft to continue to grow and not look like a bunch of diluted and immature jackasses, then we must make good decisions. Good Airsoft players make good choices.
tl;dr = your idea is bad and you should feel bad
G3SD6
Old September 12th, 2017, 11:49   #14
tylamarre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amos View Post
tl;dr = your idea is bad and you should feel bad
Haha I don't feel bad for asking though it does seem like a dumb question now. I'm sure others will one day search for this topic as I have. The comments have helped change my opinion by offering different perspectives and I no longer think it would ever be appropriate to put a dog in airsoft, rex specs or not. I'm sure other people curious about it will find this thread and get the same conclusion.

Ricochet is right, there are many things that don't transfer over from realism to fantasy and it's good to set those boundaries by talking about it.

Old September 12th, 2017, 13:29   #15
Freeze

Literally why. How about you go running around a wooded field wearing nothing but eyepro and we shoot at you?
Closed ThreadTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General