Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Gear Discussion
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Sock liners

:

Gear Discussion

Old December 12th, 2005, 19:15   #1
Orochi
Warning Trade Dispute!! POSSIBLE FRAUD!! Buyer beware!!

Sock liners

i did a search on google and on army.ca for them but ended up confusing me so i need some information to point me in the right direction. i understand there are 2 types of liners: coolmax and Polypropylene Sock Liners but im just confused about which one would best suit me since both material will take moisture away from my feet. i just want a pair of sock liners that would keep my feet dry/warm/cool so pretty much an all season sock liner and emphasizing especially on the dry part as i tend to sweat a little more than average. im only in my 2nd weekend of BMQ and i was shocked to find that in 3 days of wearing cotton socks as a liner underneath the wool socks in the MkIII boots that i got insane blisters which was 5 blisters on each foot all in the same areas with 3 bleeders... to make those worst my feet was extremly wet from sweat as my cotton socks did nothing to take the sweat go away even after i applied foot powder and i change my socks everyday which is why im looking into buying better sock liners so if anyone could point me in the right direction itll be greatly appreciated

Thanks
Orochi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2005, 19:28   #2
Kimbo
formerly pivot

You'd have been better with wool next to your skin rather than cotton.
Kimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2005, 19:34   #3
-Skeletor-
Don' wear cotton socks.

If possible, try to get the the new socks(liner, temperate an cold weather) from your units QM. If not, get any type of sock liner that can wick away sweat from the feet. If you are allowed to, don't wear the wool socks, wear some better ones(I like the US Military socks).
Old December 12th, 2005, 19:43   #4
MadMorbius
The USGI socks are great. Polypro I think, great wicking and good cusion.
Old December 12th, 2005, 20:10   #5
Orochi

are the USGI liners good for the summer too? ive been looking into them myself just not sure how they preform in hot weather
Old December 12th, 2005, 20:14   #6
-Skeletor-
Theres two types of USGI socks, one for warm weather and another for cold.

The sock liners are very thin an won't make your feet any warmer or colder, they are just meant to wick away sweat, an provide an extra layer of fabric to help reduce blisters.
Old December 12th, 2005, 20:15   #7
Orochi

how bout the issue liners?how do they preform? im only in BMQ right now am i qualified for those?
Old December 12th, 2005, 20:17   #8
-Skeletor-
I don't know what your units rules are for kit issue. Some units issue out the goretex boots, socks an IECS kit to recruits, while others won't untill you have your basic training completed or even QL3.
Old December 12th, 2005, 20:31   #9
Orochi

alright ill ask my QM thx but how do they preform?
Old December 12th, 2005, 20:36   #10
-Skeletor-
They work great. In hot weather though I prefer the USGI warm weather socks though.
Old December 12th, 2005, 23:05   #11
gandar

Send a message via MSN to gandar
I got my sock liners when I went to clothing and got all my other crap well before I did BMQ, I got my goretex boots too. *shrugs* But I love the issue sock/sockliner combo, hell I'm wearin' em right now. Warm, dry, don't fall down into my boots, what's not to love?

Alternatively, I could just light you on fire. - Me
gandar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2005, 01:17   #12
Mike the great

before i got issued the black liner and green sock system i used these under the issue wool socks (with tons of gold bond of course), they lasted 6 weeks of marching, running and all that fun stuff in wet and humid gagetown with no blisters at all.
Mike the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2005, 19:02   #13
Orochi

thanks alot for the help greatly appreciate it! i do however have one more question ive been also looking into insoles since the dr.scholl jel insoles did almost nothing to protect my feet infact the sports jel insoles actually made the boot fit too tight for me further causing blisters but anyways i was just wondering if anyone has any experience with the Sole insoles? i notice them being sold on seals action gear and cpgear and the reviews on them were great but can they fit into the MkIIIs without taking up too much space? there are 2 types regular and ultra im thinking bout buying the ultra instead of regular but im afraid it might be a tight fit in my boots again so if information on this could be provided again itll be greatly appreciated

Thanks
Old December 13th, 2005, 19:03   #14
Bob the Angry Potato
*AV Status Suspended pending trade resolution*

Send a message via MSN to Bob the Angry Potato
What I use (over my socks) are a pair of Goretek Gators (or something to that effect)... they're great, waterproof, and warm. I'd recommend them to anyone.
Bob the Angry Potato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2005, 19:07   #15
-Skeletor-
For military use, the gel inserts suck(from what I hear).

For my boots I have Dr Scholls athletic(I think) insoles, they fit fine in my MKIIIs and Jungle Boots. I also like the insoles that come with the WWB boots.
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Gear Discussion