Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Remove hop-up from barrel

:

Doctor's Corner

Old April 8th, 2006, 22:39   #1
Luckyorwhat

Remove hop-up from barrel

Made another thread, but I think a moderator might have deleted it by accident.

Anyone know a good way? Even a way to nullify the hop-up would be great. Oil, sandpaper, hacksaw? Any advice appreciated.

(and moderator please don't delete this one, it's only an accident the first time)
Luckyorwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2006, 23:08   #2
concept_8

Why not just set it to the off position?
Old April 8th, 2006, 23:27   #3
stokes

OR pull out the hop-up unit and take out the bucking... you will never have to worry about the hopup again since taking out the bucking will render it useless.
stokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2006, 02:15   #4
Luckyorwhat

Thanks. Just got into airsoft when I saw a cheap bolt/spring rifle and bought it for kicks. Now I know it's not competitive, but I'd like to experiment with stuff on it.

Would I be wrong to assume bucking is the tacky stuff that applies the spin? If so, then thx for the advice. Previous experiences taught me to always check around before taking stuff apart, always. Thanks again!

P.S.
Don't think this gun has an off switch for hop-up, but when I get an expensive one I'll check that out, thanks again.
Old April 9th, 2006, 02:18   #5
stokes

The bucking is the piece that places spin into the bbs. The bucking pushes down onto the sleeve and as the bbs shoots through the barrel it rubs off of the bucking which therefore spins the bb.

By the way which gun do you have in terms of manufacturer/brand?
stokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2006, 02:43   #6
[Lithium]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyorwhat
Thanks. Just got into airsoft when I saw a cheap bolt/spring rifle and bought it for kicks. Now I know it's not competitive, but I'd like to experiment with stuff on it.

Would I be wrong to assume bucking is the tacky stuff that applies the spin? If so, then thx for the advice. Previous experiences taught me to always check around before taking stuff apart, always. Thanks again!

P.S.
Don't think this gun has an off switch for hop-up, but when I get an expensive one I'll check that out, thanks again.

none of them have a 'switch' if its adjustable you just adjust it to off. if its not, then take it out.

HeL is another name i go by
[Lithium] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2006, 03:41   #7
Luckyorwhat

Ah, adjust it to off, thx. The gun's a UHC super9. For $50 it's actually pretty fun, though it's clear, and I'm afraid to lose the little plastic cartridges.

BTW, I did a search and don't think it's been mentioned yet, the UHC super9 cases seem to be about the same dimensions as .357magnum brass. I'm going to de-prime one and bore the flash-hole out, see if I can get it to chamber.

Thanks again, I'll be getting some rest before I take my impulse purchase apart then.
Old April 9th, 2006, 05:39   #8
[Lithium]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyorwhat
Ah, adjust it to off, thx. The gun's a UHC super9. For $50 it's actually pretty fun, though it's clear, and I'm afraid to lose the little plastic cartridges.

BTW, I did a search and don't think it's been mentioned yet, the UHC super9 cases seem to be about the same dimensions as .357magnum brass. I'm going to de-prime one and bore the flash-hole out, see if I can get it to chamber.

Thanks again, I'll be getting some rest before I take my impulse purchase apart then.

magnum brass

super9 cases

close, but no cigar.

HeL is another name i go by
[Lithium] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2006, 01:31   #9
Luckyorwhat

Couldn't get the barrel out of the casing it's in, but it doesn't look like there even is any hop-up in it, looks smooth all the way through. Pretty lucky, will be a cool test bed. Thx for advice earlier.
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner