Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Barrel Brands! Highest Accuracy?

:

Upgrades & Modifications

Old January 28th, 2009, 02:55   #16
TokyoSeven
Red Wine & Adderall

Just a little bit more for you Dragate, if youre interested that is.
You may already know, but incase you dont, I would just like to say that whatever brand barrel you get, try and get a matching hopup. Companies make parts that work best with other parts that they make! Or atleast that is what logic and use has taught me thus far.

Prometheus barrel + prometheus hopup unit = 301,655,722 kinds of good.

In closing I would just like to say everyone has different experiences, not everyone has had good luck with brands like Prometheus, Madbull systema and PDI, and Im sure that not everyone gets crappy parts from Element. Atleast with a decent amoutn of opinions and research on your own behalf Im sure you will be able to formulate a good opinion and make the correct choice.

"Its only a little bit on fire"

Last edited by TokyoSeven; January 28th, 2009 at 03:02..
TokyoSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2009, 03:07   #17
Dragate

Quote:
Originally Posted by TokyoSeven View Post
Just a little bit more for you Dragate, if youre interested that is.
You may already know, but incase you dont, I would just like to say that whatever brand barrel you get, try and get a matching hopup. Companies make parts that work best with other parts that they make! Or atleast that is what logic and use has taught me thus far.

Prometheus barrel + prometheus hopup unit = 301,655,722 kinds of good.

In closing I would just like to say everyone has different experiences, not everyone has had good luck with brands like Prometheus, Madbull systema and PDI, and Im sure that not everyone gets crappy parts from Element. Atleast with a decent amoutn of opinions and research on your own behalf Im sure you will be able to formulate a good opinion and make the correct choice.
Hm I am actually very interested =]
Tyvm~~

Well, atm I have a G&P Metal body, G&P gearbox, m120 motor that comes in G&P m4's and G&P metal hopup. Would the same logic apply as to get a G&P barrel? Or should I get a Prometheus barrel and hopup?

Accuracy and tightgroupings are a must for me ;D
Dragate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2009, 03:09   #18
Amos

Dragate, the Mechbox you've purchased is most likely firing around 390 FPS or so... So make sure when you're getting a hopup rubber you get something that's hard.

More important than the hop chamber, is the hop-bucking.

Tighter = more FPS and less accurate to a point. 6.05 is good for range and distance, 6.01 is good for FPS, 6.03 is a happy medium.

Go for a Prometheus barrel.. From what I've seen they're better than G&P
G3SD6
Amos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2009, 03:21   #19
Dragate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amos View Post
Dragate, the Mechbox you've purchased is most likely firing around 390 FPS or so... So make sure when you're getting a hopup rubber you get something that's hard.

More important than the hop chamber, is the hop-bucking.

Tighter = more FPS and less accurate to a point. 6.05 is good for range and distance, 6.01 is good for FPS, 6.03 is a happy medium.

Go for a Prometheus barrel.. From what I've seen they're better than G&P
A~
So if I want ultimate accuracy, Because fps really desn't make me happy, but hitting things do, promethues 6.05 is my friend?
Old January 28th, 2009, 04:01   #20
damage

Send a message via Yahoo to damage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragate View Post
A~
promethues 6.05 is my friend?
Prometheus only makes 6.03mm
damage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2009, 04:17   #21
TokyoSeven
Red Wine & Adderall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragate View Post
Hm I am actually very interested =]
Tyvm~~

Well, atm I have a G&P Metal body, G&P gearbox, m120 motor that comes in G&P m4's and G&P metal hopup. Would the same logic apply as to get a G&P barrel? Or should I get a Prometheus barrel and hopup?

Accuracy and tightgroupings are a must for me ;D
The same logic would apply yes.
However, in some cases it would stand to reason that denying the use of the matching parts theory would stand to gain you more than you would if you did use it. For example, if you chose to use the prometheus hopup and barrel, Im certain you would find it more beneficial than the G&P versions, due to difference in quality.

Just to reenforce what Amos stated, in regards to your mechbox if it is firing higher than 375-380ish currently, you may wish to consider buying a harder rubber.

"Its only a little bit on fire"

Last edited by TokyoSeven; January 28th, 2009 at 04:21..
TokyoSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2009, 12:42   #22
Dragate

Quote:
Originally Posted by damage View Post
Prometheus only makes 6.03mm
aw =S k i'll look around maybe systema has .05? no? XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by TokyoSeven View Post
The same logic would apply yes.
However, in some cases it would stand to reason that denying the use of the matching parts theory would stand to gain you more than you would if you did use it. For example, if you chose to use the prometheus hopup and barrel, Im certain you would find it more beneficial than the G&P versions, due to difference in quality.

Just to reenforce what Amos stated, in regards to your mechbox if it is firing higher than 375-380ish currently, you may wish to consider buying a harder rubber.

tru tru, I think I'm just gonna stick with my G&P hopup for now, maybe upgrade it a year down the road. But hard rubber and prometheus barrel for sure eh.

thank ya
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications