Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Upgrading an L96

:

Upgrades & Modifications

Old November 19th, 2010, 01:44   #61
AoiShikaku

First off, I'll have to apologize for bringing up this thread again, but it has been one of the most informative in terms of upgrading an L96 and thought I'd bring some light into a semi-unanswered question in the thread.

So here is my proposed setup:
Base Rifle = TSD / Well L96
Hop Up system = PDI Hop Up Chamber for Type 96
Tight Bore Barrel = PDI APS2 Type 96 6.01 Tight Bore Barrel 495mm
Barrel Spacers = PDI Regular 8mm Barrel Spacers (2pk) for Type 96 [need to modify to 10mm]
Cylinder/Piston/Spring Guide = PDI Type 96 Palsonite Cylinder Set VC
Trigger System = Laylax Type 96 L96 Zero Trigger
Bucking = Prometheus Hard Hopup Bucking Kit [may use the one with the PDI hopup for a while and save this for a rainy day]

now that you've gathered up how upgraded the rifle is, what I'd like to ask the following:
1. What spring with this setup, or similar, would give the rifle an overall FPS rate of 400 with a 0.3 BB? Preferred spring would be from PDI if possible.
2. What spring would give 450 FPS with 0.3 BBs? Preferred spring would be from PDI if possible.
3. Is there something in the Proposed Setup that doesn't go well with the other? why and what would you swap it out with?

Please feel free to use this chart to help determine the answer: PDI Spring Guide
(I can read the guide too, but I'd prefer to get a confirmation from someone because I don't want to over or under shoot and end up paying for another set of springs)

400 is for the sniper restrictions in the general Toronto area. Go outside of the main area and it starts picking up to 450-500, but I'll stick it to 450 and am willing to swap out the spring when traveling.

PS - please don't rag on the fact that I'm not age verified yet. I'm still waiting to hear back from someone or I may just go to one of the TTAC meets one day. Also, this isn't my first gun and am aware of the sniper role that seems to be always mentioned in every thread and am going get my BA Cert. I'm also aware of the safety and risks of handling a high powered weapon, I have handled many types of firearms already. I'm not being hostile just simply trying to get some info here about the rifle upgrades and don't really need a lecture that I see often with new members posting.
AoiShikaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2010, 02:03   #62
Eldin

Quote:
Originally Posted by AoiShikaku View Post
1. What spring with this setup, or similar, would give the rifle an overall FPS rate of 400 with a 0.3 BB?
2. What spring would give 450 FPS with 0.3 BBs?
3. Is there something in the Proposed Setup that doesn't go well with the other? why and what would you swap it out with
1. An aps 220 should get you at about 400 on a .3g bb
2. An aps 260 should get you at about 450 on a .3g bb
The chart looks pretty accurate, the chart looks a bit too overpowered, but other things such as compression, barrel bore and hopup seal (http://www.tristanluke.com/Images/seal-baby.jpg) make a difference in your fps.
3. The only thing that I can see is to get a new cylinder head, they're fairly cheap, and sorbo pads don't hurt either, just reduces the wear and tear on the cylinder.

Last edited by Eldin; November 19th, 2010 at 02:07..
Eldin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2010, 02:20   #63
AoiShikaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldin View Post
1. An aps 220 should get you at about 400 on a .3g bb
2. An aps 260 should get you at about 450 on a .3g bb
The chart looks pretty accurate, the chart looks a bit too overpowered, but other things such as compression, barrel bore and hopup seal (http://www.tristanluke.com/Images/seal-baby.jpg) make a difference in your fps.
3. The only thing that I can see is to get a new cylinder head, they're fairly cheap, and sorbo pads don't hurt either, just reduces the wear and tear on the cylinder.
Much appreciated good sir. I'll be sure to pick some of those up when I do my order. Sorry for not mentioning it earlier, but the cylinder head comes with the kit, but made me look twice in case I missed it =)

Thanks again for the quick reply
AoiShikaku is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications