Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

6mm paint ball bbs

:

Newbie Tank

Old March 13th, 2009, 17:37   #1
cranium_bear

Send a message via MSN to cranium_bear
6mm paint ball bbs

I saw them for sale on a site and i was wondering . will they damage my gun? clog it up with paint or something liek that? are they strong enough to put into a spring mag without smooshing them?

My brothers want top do some paintball in the summer and i have 2 ksc auto 9's i don't like the paint ball guns to rent and would rather use my auto nines.
cranium_bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2009, 17:45   #2
lemegacool

i dont think it's a great idea to put theses in your ksc's they will break and mess all your mag/hop up, and i dont think they gives good accuracy. these paintballs are for 1.99 springers pistols. and you have 2 great airsoft pistols ...why not play airsoft? also think if you got hit on the pistol with paintball, hehehe it would be a pain to clean

member of fire team NOM. my other regular forum: www.toyotanation.com / gen3,gen4 camry

Last edited by lemegacool; March 13th, 2009 at 17:50..
lemegacool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2009, 17:45   #3
BloodSport
Traveling Man

In all honesty unless they have made huge and I mean huge improvements in them over the past 3 months, they are absolute crap.

They have a tendance to break in the barrel, surprise surprise common paintball fault for the past 20years lol, which then gums up your internals, hopup and so on.
Old March 13th, 2009, 21:38   #4
cranium_bear

Send a message via MSN to cranium_bear
thanks for the info !!! i would rather rent a gun the risk damageing my gun. ty.

i have never played airsoft befor.
cranium_bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2009, 21:43   #5
DENZILDON

Been awhile since I heard about this. This was already available back then in the early 90's.
DENZILDON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2009, 21:44   #6
Eeyore
Suburban Gun Runner

Just a suggestion from someone who has played paintball for the last 15 years. While it is true that the 6mm paintballs are crap, I find its for a differant reason than the others say. While they don't have mch accuracy, thats not the problem. The problem is that 6mm and .43 paintballs are known to be "break proof". Meaning you can light someone up all day and if one of them breaks (you need a break to eliminate someone, not just a hit) its pure luck. Most fields use Tippmann 98's which are built like a rock, but the fields poorly maintain them. If you are serious about playing you can get a Tippmann 98, or A5 of of ebay for $50 or 120 for an A5.

Last edited by Eeyore; March 13th, 2009 at 21:46.. Reason: Poor Grammar
Eeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2009, 22:29   #7
White_knight

remember that you will be shooting at OTHER people. and alot of us got out of paintball for many reasons, one main one being getting gear (expensive gear) covered in greasy paint and may not take kindly to you shooting at them with said paint. if you want paint, play paintball, when playing airsoft, stick to plastic. your guns and opfor will thank you for it.

White_knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2009, 02:47   #8
cbcsteve
Nice Guy

Blammo Kill Marker

I don't think it will see mainstream play yet but it does have certain tactical value in certain scenario games. And don't forget, it is not a paintball BB but its a marking BB.

I assume that after reading from the site it appears that these are easily removable and I would surmise perhaps as easy as removing dust bunnies or dust clods from your gear (We all know some fields carry some sort of dirt)

Check the site out lots of things to see:
http://www.grudgetactical.com/produc...mokill-marker/

Also could be fun for personal use when you are zero-ing in a red dot sight or practicing your aiming on a target

cbcsteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2009, 04:36   #9
Cpl T. Syndrome

IMO airsoft is airsoft and paintball is paintball..keep em seperate..Also you gotta think of the others guys..If I was shot with this stuff and my kit got covered in paint, I wouldn't be to happy bout it
Cpl T. Syndrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2009, 10:43   #10
White_knight

granted its not paint but it still leaves marks on your gear, and unlike paint it doesnt soak in, so how are you going to tell if that mark is from the last round or the current one. it just seems like its a product that creates more problems then it solves.

White_knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2009, 11:03   #11
toadhound

Had a smart guy in our group who thought it would be funny to use them. He spent the first 40 minutes of the game taking his gun apart to unjam and clean it out.
toadhound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2009, 11:17   #12
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

Send a message via MSN to CDN_Stalker
One thing to consider about airsoft is the BB is hit hard by the nozzle (in an AEG or GBB that is) and forced into the breech where it will be fired. Having a soft 6mm ball filled with paint........... it'll either rupture as soon as it's loaded, or it won't break upon impact. I'd only use paint BBs in one of my bolt actions, where I can control the force at which it's loaded, but then it'd likely suck huge ass ballistically.
CDN_Stalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2009, 00:55   #13
Lucidius134

Send a message via Skype™ to Lucidius134
Honestly, the whole "marker idea" of the balls sounds like it's rock solid but for starters:

I'de never put it in an AIRSOFT GUN. I'de much rather keep some cheapo clearsoft 10 dollar pistol in my ass pocket and shoot at something with this paint ammo faggerydaggerydoo.

But also, how is a 6mm splat going to be helpful marking anything other then a door or a wall or some shit your 20 feet from when your marking something to show people at a distance. You may as well just throw a wet paintbrush with this liquidy marking stuff on it. (i'm going to ignore the whole carrying said wet thing around part) or carrying a flare gun if it's that important. (that wouldn't work cause of the whole Search and Rescue thing).

Maybe if you could shot like 40 of these in one go from a shotgun or a grenade like thing it'de be useful for marking but there is no cheap equivalent of ether.

Last edited by Lucidius134; March 18th, 2009 at 00:58..
Lucidius134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2009, 07:00   #14
FlyingCats

Send a message via MSN to FlyingCats
Wreck your barrel, Gearbox, Piston, etc.

Accessories
2 m4 hi-caps, 5 m4 mid caps

houston vest
FlyingCats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2009, 21:20   #15
Lucidius134

Send a message via Skype™ to Lucidius134
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingCats View Post
Wreck your barrel, Gearbox, Piston, etc.
In reference to what exactly, sir?

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank