Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

TM AK47 vs TM Beita

:

Upgrades & Modifications

Old September 10th, 2006, 16:14   #1
Giuseppe

TM AK47 vs TM Beita

I have a question about these two guns. Obviously since the regular AK47 has a longer barrel it will be more accurate at longer distances. The AK47 is 875mm while the Beita is 711mm. That is a difference of 6.5 inches. If I were to add a tight bore silencer that was around 6.5 inches to the Beita, would it make it just as good at firing long range as the AK47? How long of a silencer can be added before needing to change the piston and such? And a sort of un-related question, would fitting a 8.4V 4200mAh battery be possible with the Beita since I have heard people saying that the space is very limited. Thanks
Giuseppe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2006, 17:20   #2
LUTNIT

all questions could have been answered with a search...but of well.

Longer gun does not necessarily mean a longer barrel, bullpups like the FAMAS, AUG, L85, P90, etc. are good examples of really long barrels compared to gun length.

I use a silencer to silence my gun, there is no barrel in it though many do use it to hide a longer barrel. (regardless of what people say, yes a silencer can affect the noise a gun makes if you have a nasty loud slapping piston)

Cylinder type has nothing to do with silencer length but barrel length, I know thats what you meant but as said, a silencer does not necessarily mean a longer barrel. A full sized AK-47 length barrel needs a non-ported cylinder, I would assume a Beita has a ported cylinder as it has a much shorter barrel.

If you want an AK-47 length barrel, why not buy an AK-47? The beita is designed to be smaller so adding on a longer barrel and a silencer kinda defeats the purpose. Like the people who put a silencer on their M4's and stick in M16 length barrels, I laugh at those people.

an 8.4V 4200mAh large type battery is made from SubC cells, the exact same sized cells (externally) as any other large battery is made, its only the internals that change (except in the very odd cases where a company makes their cells slightly different proportions than another company, not too common.)
LUTNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2006, 17:40   #3
Giuseppe

Well the reason I am thinking about buying the Beita is because it comes all black. I don't want to buy an AK47 then have to get a conversion kit or paint it black. I am going for a certain look, and performance. I want the performance of an AK47, including accuracy, but want something new. I like the look of a silencer on the Beita. So the reason I want to go for the Beita and and the silencer is to achieve the performance, and accuracy of the AK47, with a different look.

Sorry about the search. I have spent awhile searching the forum for Beita and AK47 and havn't come accross anyone mentioning if adding a silencer acts as a barrel extension. So now that you know the reason for me doing it this way, does it make sense? Is there a better way of doing it?
Old September 10th, 2006, 17:41   #4
LUTNIT

If you want the look of the Beita and the accuracy of an AK-47, that makes sense. A lot of people actually paint their AK-47 furniture black to hide the fake wood look and it doesnt look half bad and doesnt require a conversion kit.

If you put an AK length barrel on a Beita then yes, you need to swap the piston. An AK-47 inner barrel is 510mm I believe, not 100% sure, you could go even longer if you wanted and still hide it inside a reasonable silencer, up to 550mm is usually fine, longer than that and problems can start to happen (dont remember what exactly but I just remember being recommended by people who know more than me to not exceed 550mm.)

*edited previous post after you posted because I'm slow, so it has changed*
Old September 10th, 2006, 17:45   #5
Giuseppe

dang, so that just means more wasted money? I don't completly understand. When adding a silencer, arn't you extending the length of the barrel basically? For example, if you took an AK47 and added on a 18 inch silencer, wouldn't you need to change the piston for a longer barrel? Wouldnt there be a vaccum behind the bb even once the bb makes its way into the silencer?

*edited you poseted while I was writing lol*
Old September 10th, 2006, 17:48   #6
Giuseppe

Ok so I understand now. Thanks bud. So basically I can get an AK inner barrel and add the silencer onto that. Is the piston the only thing that must be swapped? I am guessing I could just get a piston from a AK47 and put that in there.
Old September 10th, 2006, 17:51   #7
LUTNIT

The silencer is a hollow piece of plastic/metal, as soon as the BB leaves the inner barrel the air pressure equalizes and no more energy is added to the BB. My silencer is filled with foam rings to absorb the sound energy and muffle it but they aernt required if you are only using a silencer to hide a longer inner barrel. The silencer = longer barrel thing is people want longer barrels but there is no way to extend the outer barrel so the brass inner barrel that the actual BB passes through would just be sticking out of the end of the gun in mid air, so they use a silencer to cover it up.
Old September 10th, 2006, 17:52   #8
Red_Star

Send a message via MSN to Red_Star
If you like the Ak-47 but want it in b lack why not get an Ak-74?
Old September 10th, 2006, 17:53   #9
LUTNIT

good point, the ICS AK-74M is a really good gun from what I've read, comes with black furniture, and has a metal-ish body so you dont need to add one on later as an aftermarket part.
Old September 10th, 2006, 18:00   #10
Giuseppe

Ya, I also considered that. I didnt know that the silencer is sometimes used to hide the inner barrel. So I could buy an AK47 and buy a silencer long enough to cover the barrel after the foregrip? Because if I could just do that it would be easier, and I could paint the rest black if I had to.
Old September 10th, 2006, 19:37   #11
Alexei

I Also reccomend the ICS ak74
Alexei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2006, 20:04   #12
Greylocks

My AK is painted black. My Spetz is pretty much 'stock'. Both perform really well.
The difference in range between the two is minimal.
If you prefer the Spetz, there is nothing stopping you from swapping an entire AK47 front end onto it eventually. It takes less than one minute.
Adding a longer barrel and then hiding that under a silencer makes no sense. The gun then becomes the lenght of the AK47.... so buy one?

Both models are mechanically identical.

This is pretty much a case where you dont know much of anything yet. So you should keep things simple; buy ONE gun, and only experiment after a good year of playing. The ICS comes highly recommended. The regular TM AK47 is pretty much one of the most problem free guns out there.

Do some more research.
Greylocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2006, 23:33   #13
Giuseppe

Good advice bud, I really don't know what I want yet, lol. But hey, I was thinking that I would buy a regular TM AK47 and just add a silencer on to that. Does the AK47 even have an outer barrel? The barrel looks so thin. I am thinking, if possible, I would have the silencer covering the entire barrel right from the the grip on. Does that make sense?
Old September 11th, 2006, 06:01   #14
Greylocks

Yes... you can add a silencer to the 14mm counterclockwise thread of the AK47. No it cant cover the entire thing.

A few more seconds of research would have told you that.

We wont shop for you, stop asking. Go to a game, look for yourself, get age-verified. Make SOME effort.
Greylocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2006, 09:22   #15
Giuseppe

Bud, I did search the forum, and trust me I spent hours reading many many many other threads and searching on the net. The things that I can't find on the net I bring here to the forum. I am not trying to insult you, so don's take it so personal. And I bet I could get a silencer to fit the entire barrel, it will just take some machining and fabrication. I just wanted to know if anyone else has done it yet.

Oh and I obviously knew that a silencer would fit on the AK47, because I went through an entire picture thread on arnies forum to get hundreds of ideas. I probably saw 200 pictures, some with silencers. All the guns with silencers that I saw looked bad to me. Most of the silencers were way out on the tip of the barrel, which is not what I am looking for.
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications