Airsoft Canada
https://blackblitzairsoft.myshopify.com/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Penalty for carrying an airsoft gun - what would it be?

:

General

Closed Thread

Old April 22nd, 2006, 13:03   #16
DannyMac

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATREYU
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyMac
honestly guys I'm just wondering, I'm not carrying it around on a holster, but since you always hear of instances of this kind of thing in the media, what would be the proper method of transporting an airsoft gun from place to place? Sorry if I don't have years and years of experience doing this kind of thing.
Experience isn't what's needed. You need brain cells, and basic litteracy skills to read before you post such a dumb question. You should know better than to ask that here. To answer your question before you become fully engulfed in fire and brimestone.... The gun should be transported in a locked case, prefferably in the trunk. It should never be displayed in public. Its idiots that don't do that which are the ones we see in the media. BTW.... have you met Greylocks yet? If not, you soon will... Have a nice day (giggles feindishly)
I didn't say I displayed it in public you're trying to mislead my words around. Well I think this all sounds fishy I'll have to consult with someone who has more legal advice before I make a final decision. Thanks for your help those who actually had info for me rather than trying to make themselves feel big by insulting a newb like me.
Old April 22nd, 2006, 13:04   #17
Jixton

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHaKaL
in a gun case, locked...
are you kidding me... So I can go to jail for being in possession of something that isn't even illegal to own? Wow that makes a lot of sense. Unless I lock it in some big fancy 300 dollar case that's fire-proof and weld proof and whatnot.
Look it is an illegal replica. end of the line.
Car trunk and all loked up.
The police will deal like its a real firearm.
Old April 22nd, 2006, 13:04   #18
ATREYU

Send a message via ICQ to ATREYU Send a message via MSN to ATREYU Send a message via Skype™ to ATREYU
Quote:
Quote:
do i look like im kidding??? as rawmeat said: You MUST treat it like a REAL firearm
I'd like to see the legal papers for that kind of thing. You are allowed to carry air rifles and pistols around in your vehicle however you like so long as they are unloaded and have no C02 in them, and they are way more dangerous than airsoft guns. What the difference between having it in a gun case and having it in a place where it is totally non-visible, unloaded, in it's box, inside a bag or something like that.
The danger from an airsoft gun is as much in it's appearance, as it is in it's ability. And Danny, I wasn't calling YOU an idiot.
Old April 22nd, 2006, 13:07   #19
DannyMac

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
do i look like im kidding??? as rawmeat said: You MUST treat it like a REAL firearm
I'd like to see the legal papers for that kind of thing. You are allowed to carry air rifles and pistols around in your vehicle however you like so long as they are unloaded and have no C02 in them, and they are way more dangerous than airsoft guns. What the difference between having it in a gun case and having it in a place where it is totally non-visible, unloaded, in it's box, inside a bag or something like that.
The danger from an airsoft gun is as much in it's appearance, as it is in it's ability.
but this doesn't look like a real gun?

I thought that the law stated that a replica weapon is defined as something that looks like a gun but does not discharge any projecticle at all, yet airsoft guns do that, so legally they could not be considered a replica firearm. It's all legalese. So many loopholes and indiscripinsies.
Old April 22nd, 2006, 13:08   #20
The Saint

I don't get it, you'd think transporting something that looks exactly like a firearm with a mere $30 worth of box and locks to prevent it being found just sitting at the bottom of your backpack by some airsoft-ignorant police officer is "fishy"?

OH SHITZ BOYS, HE'S ON TO US! HE KNOWS WE PRESENT THE BOX AND LOCK INDUSTRIES!
Old April 22nd, 2006, 13:10   #21
SHaKaL

Send a message via MSN to SHaKaL
Quote:
No your not... every rifles and pistol should be in a locked gun case when transporting them in your vehicle, even pellet guns

''the Criminal Code requires that reasonable precautions be taken to use, carry, handle, store, transport, and shipped them in a safe and secure manner.''
Old April 22nd, 2006, 13:12   #22
DannyMac

Quote:
Quote:
No your not... every rifles and pistol should be in a locked gun case when transporting them in your vehicle, even pellet guns

''the Criminal Code requires that reasonable precautions be taken to use, carry, handle, store, transport, and shipped them in a safe and secure manner.''
Not true, I've actually had this checked with a police officer. A air rifle or pistol that fires at <500 fps is not at all considered a replica firearm or a real firearm as one that fires above that speed is. Therefore, you can have it in your vehicle however you like so long as it is not loaded and contains gas in the case of Co2 weapons, obviously it's good sense to keep it out of sight but there are absolutely no legal requirements for you to have some locked gun case for it. That's the fact.
Old April 22nd, 2006, 13:15   #23
ATREYU

Send a message via ICQ to ATREYU Send a message via MSN to ATREYU Send a message via Skype™ to ATREYU
In the blink of an eye, so cop will not stop to see if it's real or not, he will defend himself from what he sees as a threat to his life. If he were to stop everyone who had what looked like a firearm in his hand to inspect it to see if it's real or not, he'd be taking his life into his hands the one time it was real in the hands of someone who was ready to use it. He just wants to go home at the end of the day, and anything that looks like a threat to that will be dealt with using whatever means he deems neccessary, including shooting you. Contrary to popular belief, cops DO NOT want or like to shoot people, and most find it traumatic to have to do so (afterwards). Don't put a cop in a potential spot. He has a family same as you that he'd like to go home to.
Old April 22nd, 2006, 13:16   #24
Raw Deal

Looks like you just answered your own question.Now run along.
Gary Paul Johnston: on selecting a new MEU (SOC) 1911 pistol-Whatever happens,there's no doubt that a "few good men" will once again carry the finest combat pistol in the world and we can only pray that a lot of bad men will regret it.

Coyote tan is the new black...
Old April 22nd, 2006, 13:17   #25
yanhchan

Send a message via AIM to yanhchan Send a message via MSN to yanhchan
DO NOT BRING IT TO SCHOOL, DO NOT BRING IT TO THE MALL. IF YOU GET RANDOMLY SEARCHED BY A SECURITY GUARD YOU ARE SCREWED

Ask not what your country can do for you; ask what you can do for your country ~John F. Kennedy
Old April 22nd, 2006, 13:18   #26
The Saint

I don't get it Danny. You come to us because you believed that there is the potential for legal trouble in transporting a GBB in nothing but a backpack. We tell you there is and how not to get in trouble. You turn around and try to argue that it's perfectly legal to do so. So why did you come to us in the first place?
Old April 22nd, 2006, 13:19   #27
DannyMac

Quote:
In the blink of an eye, so cop will not stop to see if it's real or not, he will defend himself from what he sees as a threat to his life. If he were to stop everyone who had what looked like a firearm in his hand to inspect it to see if it's real or not, he'd be dead. He just wants to go home at the end of the day, and anything that looks like a threat to that will be dealt with using whatever means he deems neccessary, including shooting you. Contrary to popular belief, cops DO NOT want or like to shoot people, and most find it traumatic to have to do so (afterwards). Don't put a cop in a potential spot. He has a family same as you that he'd like to go home to.
duh for the millionth time I never said that I'm carrying around an airsoft gun on my belt or walking down the street with it in my hand. Is he going to shoot me to death when he finds an unloaded airsoft gun in a box in the back of my car? I understand what you mean but you keep insinuating like I'm flashing it around in public and whatnot.

How is locked in a gun case different from inaccessible and out of sight? In either case he'll come across it first and I'm not going to lunge for it...
Old April 22nd, 2006, 13:22   #28
SergeantBob

You talk like if you know the answer.... gun case at all times! period!

The slick and sweet look of two full automatic glocks firing makes my sex wand hard as a rock
Old April 22nd, 2006, 13:23   #29
ATREYU

Quote:
Quote:
In the blink of an eye, so cop will not stop to see if it's real or not, he will defend himself from what he sees as a threat to his life. If he were to stop everyone who had what looked like a firearm in his hand to inspect it to see if it's real or not, he'd be dead. He just wants to go home at the end of the day, and anything that looks like a threat to that will be dealt with using whatever means he deems neccessary, including shooting you. Contrary to popular belief, cops DO NOT want or like to shoot people, and most find it traumatic to have to do so (afterwards). Don't put a cop in a potential spot. He has a family same as you that he'd like to go home to.
duh for the millionth time I never said that I'm carrying around an airsoft gun on my belt or walking down the street with it in my hand. Is he going to shoot me to death when he finds an unloaded airsoft gun in a box in the back of my car? I understand what you mean but you keep insinuating like I'm flashing it around in public and whatnot.

How is locked in a gun case different from inaccessible and out of sight? In either case he'll come across it first and I'm not going to lunge for it...
I never once said that are walking around with it, but that is exactly why it needs to be in a locked gun case. Try this one on for size, your car gets broken into. The gun wasn't in a locked case. Some asshole uses it to hold up a bank. Either he or someone else gets shot by a real weapon in the course of that crime. Guess who's on the hook now buddy?!....
Old April 22nd, 2006, 13:23   #30
DannyMac

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saint
I don't get it Danny. You come to us because you believed that there is the potential for legal trouble in transporting a GBB in nothing but a backpack. We tell you there is and how not to get in trouble. You turn around and try to argue that it's perfectly legal to do so. So why did you come to us in the first place?
Well I'm talking about pellet guns, which legally fall into a different category since their legality is undisputed by law. Airsoft guns seem to fall into a unique legal category which is difficult to determine. I think that it would be smarter for those who actually value the sport to take a stand and push for more reasonable measures rather than clamming up and just accepting all the legal stuff imposed that doesn't make any sense. Again, I'm not saying that you should walk around town with your leg holster on, but take for example a cop searches your car and sees a locked gun case. He's going to want to see what's in there I'm sure. When he sees what looks like a real gun in there is he going to be like "oh well that's nice of you to lock it away" or "where are your PAL papers". If you establish right away that it isn't a real firearm and it's in a box no magazine in side, slide retracted to show that it is unloaded, and you have it somewhere inaccessible to you and out of sight, I'd say that would place a cop more at ease than trying to make it seem like you are carrying a real gun around in your trunk.
Closed ThreadTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General