purchasing bb's

:

Accessories Discussion

Old August 17th, 2007, 21:09   #16
Ronan
Official Crybaby Chairsofter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade) View Post
Ronan, dont moderate please, its better that he revives an old thread somewhat on topic than making a whole new one. February isnt something to worry about. KSC perfects as well are good bb's, for regular AEG's in the open or through brush, .25 are what you want. The good quality bb's are polished so they dont have obvious seems that might catch your barrel or what not.. Not that pricey either, and well worth it.
I'm not moderating I'm giving him advice. I was flamed for necroing a 1 week old thread that had the same subject as my question.

Qualities BB's are more expensive than cheap BB's, some more than other (and in Maxi's case, well worth it imo). But like stated before, you pay for what you get. Never cheap out on BB's.

White Knight makes a very good point. Just because it say's 'competition grade' on the box it doesn't mean they are high grade BB's. No one controls those, so manufacturers put what ever they want. My cousin bough 0.25g "Grade A Professionals BB's", and they were crap. Not super crappy, but they exploded on contact (and his TM P90 isn't that powerful).

I have shot a good number of 0.30g Maxi BB's, and so far, zero negative feedback. Which i'm thinking is why they cost $28 for 800 lol. On the other hand, i had a couple TM's that weren't that great. Different quality control i guess.

Last edited by Ronan; August 17th, 2007 at 21:12..
Ronan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2007, 21:24   #17
Renegade)
A Total Bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronan View Post
I'm not moderating I'm giving him advice. I was flamed for necroing a 1 week old thread that had the same subject as my question.

No disrespect meant, but telling someone not to necro when they are asking a question, is wannabe moderator. As for that statement, got a link to the thread for that? I find that hard to beleive someone falming you, unless it was a troll, for a one week dead thread.
Old August 17th, 2007, 22:03   #18
Ronan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade) View Post
No disrespect meant, but telling someone not to necro when they are asking a question, is wannabe moderator. As for that statement, got a link to the thread for that? I find that hard to beleive someone falming you, unless it was a troll, for a one week dead thread.
Then drop it?
I don't post PM's since it kinda breaks the whole 'personal message' thing. Yeah maybe he just wanted to troll but it doesn't change it. Also feel free to look up past necro's, you'll be amaze at the flame fest.

Oh and as you saw, 'Don't necro please' is hardly moderating (like i told you). So don't try to piss me off it's not the day/night to do it. I gave him the info he wanted, so did you and other people.

So.... yeah
Old August 17th, 2007, 22:22   #19
Renegade)
A Total Bastard

that answers it, I sure dont remember seeing that flame job done, since it was a PM, dont worry about it.
Old August 18th, 2007, 15:30   #20
Skladfin

Quote:
Don't necro please.

Some crappy bb's have seams, air bubbles, or the material isn't as high grade as others (ie, they will crack/explode in peices when they hit something or even in your gun!).

Never, never, never cheap out on bb's. Last thing you want to do is take your gun appart because a bb exploded in the hop up.

BB Bastard, Maxi BB's, Metal Tech and TM are the one's i recommend. I personaly use 0.30g Maxi BB's (expensive but worth it when you do long range shooting).

For a AEG stick with 0.25g imo.
Explode inside the gun....?

Is that actually possible? It's not like anything hits the BB or that it's going to hit something hard inside the gun... All the BB that's going to touch in the process of going out of the barrel is just the hopup rubber...or so I think.

Anyways, I do agree with the BB brands, they are the best ones. 0.25 or 0.28 works the best in AEGs. You can also go with 0.30g if you have $$ to burn.

Also, buy some 0.20gs as well. So that you can measure FPS accordingly.
Skladfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2007, 17:04   #21
White_knight

i dont know how they explode in the gun either but min did. i should have taken pictures of it, shards everywhere.

White_knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2007, 23:05   #22
Ronan

Quote:
Originally Posted by White_knight View Post
i dont know how they explode in the gun either but min did. i should have taken pictures of it, shards everywhere.
Exactly what happen to my cousin's TM P90. Crappy BB blew apart in the gun, he had shards IN the mechbox (beleives they enter through the muzzle), in the gun, in the bucking (stuck in/on it) and in the barrel.
Old August 20th, 2007, 12:34   #23
Skladfin

Quote:
Exactly what happen to my cousin's TM P90. Crappy BB blew apart in the gun, he had shards IN the mechbox (beleives they enter through the muzzle), in the gun, in the bucking (stuck in/on it) and in the barrel.
huh? Muzzle? You mean the BB went into the Muzzle?

Do you mean the Nozzle?
Skladfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 20th, 2007, 17:49   #24
Ronan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skladfin View Post
huh? Muzzle? You mean the BB went into the Muzzle?

Do you mean the Nozzle?
In the inner barrel.
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Accessories Discussion