Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Clear Receivers

:

Newbie Tank

Old September 25th, 2010, 20:30   #1
Iroh

Clear Receivers

My question is. Say you got your hands on a G&G clear receiver. An example of a maybe M4 clear receiver. Will that clear receiver fit into g&g m4 models that are not clearsoft? So to clarify what I mean. You buy a clear receiver from someone. Then go to the states to buy a normal g&g or maybe even a jg m4 will that clear receiver fit? Are all m4 receivers the same? or do the model of the m4/m16 all have different receivers depending on the model?
Iroh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2010, 20:34   #2
Gunny_McSmith
a.k.a. Palucol

Should be the same and fit .... but be prepared to get flamed buy other ASC users, telling you to read the FAQ and not import....lol....
Old September 25th, 2010, 20:39   #3
R.I.T.Z
Crackers

there will be issues bringing it back across the border though "clear is legal" is supposed to be the rule. it all depends on which officer you get, and what mood they are in. and whether or not they know the rules
R.I.T.Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2010, 20:58   #4
HKGhost

it should be clear about the importation rules but about the receiver, it won't fit. different brands with have different dimensions. G&G receivers (upper or lower) won't fit onto JG, TM or CA. Only way it will fit is with heavy modifications.

Custom Build | Upgrades | Repairs | Maintenance
HKGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2010, 21:36   #5
Iroh

Lol about the flaming... i thought that cuddave been a problem so i posted here. Im currently going to school in America so im just wondering if i could get to transfering my gear there and back. airsoft guns are way cheap here... Ive recently got AVd and looked at the selecting of AEGs and GBB. to me its weird that clearsoft being sold in classifieds cost the same as a brand new if not more expensive pricing. I know Canada has tough airsoft laws but mann prices are steep... i'm just trying to get around it since im currently living in America anways thanks for the input and ill still be waiting for more posts on this subject i just gottah know for sure so that maybe i can save lots of money but getting through this.
Old September 25th, 2010, 21:38   #6
cjboi

G&G guns basically has their own thing... except for their MP5 suitable for CA's new metal body...
Old September 25th, 2010, 21:39   #7
Gunny_McSmith
a.k.a. Palucol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iroh View Post
Lol about the flaming... i thought that cuddave been a problem so i posted here. Im currently going to school in America so im just wondering if i could get to transfering my gear there and back. airsoft guns are way cheap here... Ive recently got AVd and looked at the selecting of AEGs and GBB. to me its weird that clearsoft being sold in classifieds cost the same as a brand new if not more expensive pricing. I know Canada has tough airsoft laws but mann prices are steep... i'm just trying to get around it since im currently living in America anways thanks for the input and ill still be waiting for more posts on this subject i just gottah know for sure so that maybe i can save lots of money but getting through this.
haha, give it some time... airsoft is getting slowly cheaper every year....
Old September 25th, 2010, 22:20   #8
FACE
a.k.a. Phoneguy

Quote:
I don't think there is anyway around it, if there was I'm sure the people here would have found it by now. I personally would not want to try and bring one over from the states. It's hard enough getting across with groceries theses days. Atleast in Niagara Falls it is.

Also, about the flaming. Take it with a grain of salt and don't let it get to you. Just think of it as a hazing. Besides, you've been granted a couple of days grace. Most people are out at Milsims this weekend. LOL.
FACE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2010, 13:57   #9
Iroh

Yeap i just had an idea to see if the clear g&g receiver fits a normal g&g so that way i can just get a cheaper g&g down here and swap the lower receivers. my selection of guns down here are way good but i dont feel like buying a gun down here and not having a gun up in canada.
Old September 26th, 2010, 14:47   #10
Gunny_McSmith
a.k.a. Palucol

Quote:
Yeap i just had an idea to see if the clear g&g receiver fits a normal g&g so that way i can just get a cheaper g&g down here and swap the lower receivers. my selection of guns down here are way good but i dont feel like buying a gun down here and not having a gun up in canada.
Fitment issues?.... Dremel is your BFF... :P

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank