FTF Field Closing

:

General

Old November 10th, 2009, 13:27   #31
Bissa

Send a message via MSN to Bissa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco_Dante View Post
You'd have to go in with a shotgun every other week and clear out the hobos and hippy communes that would pop up.
or put up good high fences with locked gates, that solves the problem of people accidentally wandering into a game and will deter people from taking refuge in your buildings.

EDIT : it would cost more but it would solve a few problems, so it may be worth it.
Sergeant Gerry Boyle: I don't want to see it. Babies all look the same. The only time a baby doesn't look like every other baby is when it's a really ugly baby. So, unless it's a photo of a really ugly baby, I don't want to see it.

Last edited by Bissa; November 10th, 2009 at 13:29..
Bissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2009, 15:08   #32
coach
aka coachster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bissa View Post
or put up good high fences with locked gates, that solves the problem of people accidentally wandering into a game and will deter people from taking refuge in your buildings.

EDIT : it would cost more but it would solve a few problems, so it may be worth it.
screw tall fences. electric fences are the way to go. hahaha
coach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2009, 15:23   #33
Bissa

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachster View Post
screw tall fences. electric fences are the way to go. hahaha
ya, I was thinking electrified fences with razer wire on top of them, but both of those are illegal as far as I am aware.
Sergeant Gerry Boyle: I don't want to see it. Babies all look the same. The only time a baby doesn't look like every other baby is when it's a really ugly baby. So, unless it's a photo of a really ugly baby, I don't want to see it.
Old November 10th, 2009, 15:27   #34
KoolAidMan

i see it on fences all the time unless your thinking of the circcular versioon i see it as angled at the top with strrips of barbed wire at the top

Quote:
Originally Posted by pusangani View Post
lol why is it that every single fucking underaged kid that comes thru here happens to have some private land to play on when accused of playing in public
KoolAidMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2009, 15:39   #35
Bissa

ya, that is barbed wire, razerwire is much more vicious.
does anyone know the legalities on how high you can make a fence, if you can put barbed wire onto it, and what the legalities about being electrified are?
Old November 10th, 2009, 15:55   #36
Brian McIlmoyle
8=======D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bissa View Post
ya, that is barbed wire, razerwire is much more vicious.
does anyone know the legalities on how high you can make a fence, if you can put barbed wire onto it, and what the legalities about being electrified are?
and how is that relevant to this thread? Take your pointless jabbering elsewhere.
Toronto Downtown Age Verifier

OPERATION WOODSMAN

If the tongue could cut as the sword does, the dead would be infinite
Brian McIlmoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2009, 16:13   #37
Bissa

I'm sorry, I was making a suggestion to how another feild could be improved to make protection of the public easier and got somewhat off the main topic.
I agree with what venture said, go to the city and state that this will disrupt the ability of your business to run, and you would like to get an exemption if possible.
Old November 10th, 2009, 16:19   #38
Jayne Finch

pretty sure under halton bylaw you need a fixed, freestanding building on the property to classify as a buisiness. dont think brian has one at the field.

"Be polite. Be professional. But, have a plan to kill everyone you meet."

"i don't have a license to kill. but i have a learners permit!"
Jayne Finch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2009, 16:28   #39
Rock 'N' Roll Outlaw

Location: Mississauga, ON -- The Brotherhood Of Eternal Sleep
And I dont see how he could state that as a source of income either. Isn't that the point of being a "business"? Then he would have to keep the paperwork involved, then include that in his taxes. I dont really see that as a viable option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pliskin View Post
This is the equivalent to knocking on deaths door and blowing his head off with a shotgun.
Rock 'N' Roll Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2009, 16:30   #40
Brian McIlmoyle
8=======D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayne Finch View Post
pretty sure under halton bylaw you need a fixed, freestanding building on the property to classify as a buisiness. dont think brian has one at the field.
And can't build one due to green belt restrictions...

I'm pooched .. land was never zoned for commercial use, it's recreational/ agricultural..

Technically I could never run a business on it ... but I would be the only one breaking the bylaw... if I did... with the firearm prohibition .. every player is at risk.. so i'ts just not worth it.

OPERATION WOODSMAN

Old November 10th, 2009, 16:33   #41
Brian McIlmoyle
8=======D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock 'N' Roll Outlaw View Post
And I dont see how he could state that as a source of income either. Isn't that the point of being a "business"? Then he would have to keep the paperwork involved, then include that in his taxes. I dont really see that as a viable option.
No I claim income from Games .. and from training I do as business income.. and write off the expense of all my guns ans gear as a business expense

most years I break even... last year I had a small loss .. this year .. with all the stuff I have "invested in" for my business ... it may be a loss this year again

OPERATION WOODSMAN

Old November 10th, 2009, 16:55   #42
B.O.P.E.

Send a message via MSN to B.O.P.E.
I'm just totaly bumed out over this....this will be my first and last time there...now I'll have to explain to my wife why i'll have to leave an hour earlier to go to games.
B.O.P.E. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2009, 17:31   #43
lt_poncho

Send a message via MSN to lt_poncho
What a great run, Brian - some really excellent games over the many years there. Thank you for all your efforts in providing this. Certainly all good things come to an end - fortunately most of us all have souveniers of a good thing.
Old November 10th, 2009, 17:42   #44
DuffMan

Send a message via ICQ to DuffMan Send a message via MSN to DuffMan
End of an era. I've only attended a couple games at FTF, back when it was EOTEC, but enjoyed them tremendously. Thanks so much for the field and dedication to the game, and Canadian community Brian. I take solace in the fact that the closing of the field will leave you with more free time, less debt and fewer nights on the couch...until you find another one.

"He resisted. I asked him to comply."
"Telling him to 'eat it, bitch' is not really a request."
DuffMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2009, 17:57   #45
Gunk
In his Trunk!

Send a message via MSN to Gunk
I second the statements of loss and sadness. I made it out to Z4, and I'll be there for FTF, but I wish I could go back again. It's a great field, and the wild turkey things that live in trees will be missed.

Hey, what's going to happen to all the displaced Ewoks from the village? Oh won't someone think of the Ewoks?!
"War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend: the city of the Men of Numenor, and I would have her loved for her memory, her ancientry, her beauty, and her present wisdom. Not feared, save as men may fear the dignity of a man, old and wise." - J.R.R. Tolkien
Gunk is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General