Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

KSC MP9 Questions

:

Newbie Tank

Old May 22nd, 2011, 17:50   #1
vt

KSC MP9 Questions

So, I'm thinking about getting the KSC GBB MP9 and I was wondering:

What slings do people usually use for this gun? And do I need Attachment Adapters?
Do I need to buy threaded adapters to put silencers on?
Are most airsoft silencers compatible?

Links will be appreciated. Thanks!

Last edited by vt; May 22nd, 2011 at 17:54..
vt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2011, 18:23   #2
George Burdell

To put most suppressors on you need a 14mm threaded barrel. Some suppressors attach to flash hiders, they are known as quick detach suppressors; one might exist for the mp9, but I am not sure.
George Burdell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2011, 19:55   #3
Ballcancer

As far as I know there is no silencer for the mp9on the market.. The real steel one has a special one made for it by the sane company that manufactures the mp9.. As for slings I just used a small piece of para cord through the rear loop tied it off ad then put a piece of heat shrink over the knot and then you can use any sling you want.. If you ate going to get an mp9 I would recommend the kwa one.. Yea no trades but it is built tougher internally and will last longer.. Just my opinion.. Your money do what you want.
Old May 22nd, 2011, 19:57   #4
R.I.T.Z
Crackers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballcancer View Post
As far as I know there is no silencer for the mp9on the market.. The real steel one has a special one made for it by the sane company that manufactures the mp9.. As for slings I just used a small piece of para cord through the rear loop tied it off ad then put a piece of heat shrink over the knot and then you can use any sling you want.. If you ate going to get an mp9 I would recommend the kwa one.. Yea no trades but it is built tougher internally and will last longer.. Just my opinion.. Your money do what you want.
actually a mp9 silencer is made. its manufactured by KSC but is very rare. Kwa is making one but the release date hasn't been announced. the silencer attaches via the barrel lugs. there are no adapters for the 14mm silencers.
R.I.T.Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2011, 20:04   #5
vt

Thanks for the replies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballcancer View Post
Nice idea for the sling. Do you know if there are actual adapters? And yeah, I'm looking at the kwa one right now.
vt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2011, 20:36   #6
Ballcancer

I dunno if there are assigned or not never really thought of looking.. I'm sure there are specific slings but I haven't been able to find one .. I just did the little sling mod to mine because i love the magpul ms2 sling and ritz is right there are silencers made but extremely rare .. And I forot to add they are specific for the three lugbarrel that is on the mp9... I would take the KWA over the KSC anyway .. Unless you want trades.. The taiwan version has both but is a bit more pricy and I think a little rarer if I'm not mistaken.. Trades are not important to me anyway...

As for the Adaptor for a 14 mm silencer you would have to manufacture your own.. One guy in the states did this and it looks awsome. I would suggest taking a look at the mp9 section in the kwausa forum it is packed with info on the mp9 (www.kwausa.com)

Last edited by Ballcancer; May 22nd, 2011 at 20:38..
Ballcancer is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank