Reserve Force 56 12.58%
Retired/Released Member 77 17.30%
None/Civillian 264 59.33%
Voters: 445. You may not vote on this poll

Old January 10th, 2012, 09:57   #46
PrIeSt
takagari

Send a message via MSN to PrIeSt Send a message via Skype™ to PrIeSt
Alright I got this right from PSP out of ottawa.
Quote:
Your sport (Air soft) cannot be categorized as Extreme sport IAW the definition provide in CANFORGEN 061/09.
It is a recreational activities that can be organized on Bases and Wings under the Recreation department. CFAO 50-20 is the order that covers Recreational activities. There are a few Rec clubs (Paint ball) in the CF. ( I do not think there is any air soft)
If your CO wants to approve this as military training to replace military shooting, or to exercise your shooting skills, our office has no objection but it is not considered a fitness activity, nor it is an extreme sport.
This activity should be done on your own time (evenings and weekends) and most likely you would not be considered on duty by VAC when training or participating in a competition
Here's a link to CFAO 50-20
http://www.cg.cfpsa.ca/cg-pc/NorthBa...tion_Clubs.pdf

However.
If enough bases started clubs. According to 50-3 for sports we could create a chain of games/competitions playing toward a military Championship.
Which would than be authorized as a sport. Through the base CO we could be authorized and covered to play against other base teams.

More to come. Still looking into this!

Figured I'd keep you updated
PrIeSt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2012, 10:02   #47
Air_raid

Send a message via MSN to Air_raid
Reg Force 4 years
Air_raid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2012, 10:37   #48
hollywood...
cranky old man

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADDOG View Post
Where's MOBBS when you need him to post. There is a man with some serious military qualifications.........Sorry had to do it.
LOL
Old January 10th, 2012, 13:00   #49
TheAngrySniper
Prolapsed Rectum

Send a message via MSN to TheAngrySniper Send a message via Skype™ to TheAngrySniper
We actually have quite a few players who are reserve members here, myself included.

TheAngrySniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2012, 13:07   #50
Curo
Cobalt Caliber

I am currently a civvi as you call us, and have long dreamed of a career in either Mil or LE but I can understand why CO and Base Commanders would not want a bunch of civvies wandering all over the base. I think one of things you would have to propose is a way to funnel and control the civvies. Also these games would obviously have to be reserved for players of the best mentality and with the utmost respect.
Curo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2012, 13:21   #51
abbadon

Quote:
I'm in Borden and the paintball club is still active, and they were given an area to play at in the training area
The area they have is not in the active training area, but along the main road through base. The area was just open unused base property that they have been alloted, and they were responsible to build all props, buildingd and trails.
Old January 10th, 2012, 14:16   #52
PrIeSt
takagari

Is airsoft allowed in borden noow? Last I heard it got base banned?

Base's need to start airsoft clubs. Get with it guys. Not hard to do.

Once we have a few club/teams we can start a competition. etc.
Old January 10th, 2012, 20:00   #53
arnold869

I am a Sgt with Training Company, 2 Svc Bn at CFB Petawawa and the owner of Petawawa Airsoft.
I also am looking to use Petawawa's Training area (fibua site), I had it almost set-up but had to cancel due to time restraints.

1. Contact Range Control, they control the training area. They can guide you on what you need.
2. If you are not a recognized social group, i.e. boy scouts or youth group you will have to pay for use of the grounds.
3. You will have to provide proof of insurance.
4. Then once you have a your plan approved and a open time frame available given by Range Control and met all their requirements, you then have to draft a letter of approval to the Base Commander for permission.

It will take some time and is doable. Start 2-3 months before your event, military memo's do get lost and your request would be low priority. Good military writing skills are key.

Hope this helps you, its the the steps I followed.

Last edited by arnold869; January 10th, 2012 at 21:54..
arnold869 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2012, 07:27   #54
PrIeSt
takagari

Thanks Sgt

I am close friends with the fella running the Winnipeg range. And he's basicly told me the chance of civies being allowed on would be extremely slim.

However, starting a Base Airsoft "Club" would be a good step. Once the club is established you could write for permission for the club to use the range on a regular and per available basis.

If your at Pet maybe you should look into it? The process of starting a base club is not all that difficult. And can be found under CFAO 20-50 Which can boo googled

Shawn
Old January 11th, 2012, 13:25   #55
Rukus

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnold869 View Post
I am a Sgt with Training Company, 2 Svc Bn at CFB Petawawa and the owner of Petawawa Airsoft.
I also am looking to use Petawawa's Training area (fibua site), I had it almost set-up but had to cancel due to time restraints.

1. Contact Range Control, they control the training area. They can guide you on what you need.
2. If you are not a recognized social group, i.e. boy scouts or youth group you will have to pay for use of the grounds.
3. You will have to provide proof of insurance.
4. Then once you have a your plan approved and a open time frame available given by Range Control and met all their requirements, you then have to draft a letter of approval to the Base Commander for permission.

It will take some time and is doable. Start 2-3 months before your event, military memo's do get lost and your request would be low priority. Good military writing skills are key.

Hope this helps you, its the the steps I followed.
Good advice.

I think the biggest problem depending on the area of course is convincing Range control. If they are anything like the guys we have here in Vic they will be a hard group to convince. They are very sticky on cleaning the range/training areas, and one bad inspection of the area you used could be enough to turf your club's ability to use DND lands for good, and because there is going to be left overs from your activities ie the bb's they may require a enviromental survey of some sort to be completed saying it will not harm the area if anything is left behind. We have a lot of protected areas on V.I within our training areas. Kinda sucks.

I hope your ideas work, as they could translate into something getting going here. I would be a regular in airsoft again if we were able to use the training areas, and I bet it would revitalize airsoft on Vancouver Island. The old group I used to run with has all but left.

I'm a full time reservist at the moment teaching for a school. And I would love for this to be approved because I would be very interested in having a base club like this. So I'm watching this thread with some interest. Good luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackthorne View Post
Its a good thing stupidity doesnt have mass or whole sections of this board would collapse in and destroy themselves in a stupidity singularity.
Toys: SSG24, JG BAR 10, Krytac CRB, Krytac SPR, GG Black Orchid APR 9, Taurus PT99, TM MK23

Last edited by Rukus; January 11th, 2012 at 13:32..
Rukus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2012, 01:57   #56
BIGMEDCIN

Reserves 14yrs (still serving)

I think the biggest issues will be enviro, unless you can prove the BBs are enviro safe and will break down, it will be a no go, any time I have dealt with Range staff, be it RSOs or Range control personnel ie: Commissionaires, the BBs left behind would be considered sacrilegious!!!

Also have civilians on DND land would not happen unless supervised, there is no way they will risk an injury on DND or damage to DND properly, I know this because 2 or 3 yrs back I had a very good friend that was our OPS WO, he was the one that made things happen in the Regiment as far as training went and as a former Para Reg Member and 3PPCLI he had a little pull through his own contacts, unfortunately Airsoft on DND land was not going to fly!

Anyhow, wish you luck, cant hurt to ask.
BIGMEDCIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2012, 10:18   #57
Aper
E-30

Been a Regular for ~4 years at CFB Valcartier as an Armored Personnel in 12RBC. Been deployed in A-Stan for 7 months from July '07 to March '08 during ROTO-4.

West Coast EOD Supporter. // Bang One, Bang Em All ! // In war, it's not who's right, but who's left.
Aper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2012, 11:46   #58
JLiang

Send a message via Skype™ to JLiang
What about Cadets? I'm in the RCAC...
"-----------\_*_\
JLiang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2012, 12:03   #59
Eeyore
Suburban Gun Runner

Unless you are a CIC it doesn't count, cadets are parts of the Canadian Forces.
http://i.imgur.com/wBfBB.gif
Eeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2012, 12:11   #60
muddertrucker

Mojo tried it here in valcartier last year and was turned down. He was told giving acces to civies was a no go because of all the salvage that could be found. Sounds like a lame excusse but could be an open door. If we started out with a group of military personel in a club who knows what could come next.
muddertrucker is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General