STRAC Technologies - F.A.S.T. System

:

Gear Discussion

Old February 26th, 2008, 09:39   #31
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stractech View Post
My name is Sean P. Carroll - designer of the F.A.S.T. System. I've read through the recent posts and would like to reply to your comments. Before I do would someone send me a picture or pictures of the current magazines you guys use? I'll get back to you shortly after that with answers. Thanks in advance.

Sean P. Carroll - President STRAC TECHNOLOGIES
scarroll@stractech.com
For which weapon platform are you referring to?
ILLusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2008, 09:52   #32
stractech

Sorry sir - looking for the M-4 / AR magazine.
stractech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2008, 13:00   #33
Lakonian
kos

Quote:
Originally Posted by stractech View Post
Sorry sir - looking for the M-4 / AR magazine.

That little protrusion is what I'm worried about.. Don't think it'll be able to clear the FAST..
Lakonian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2008, 13:33   #34
stractech

That protrusion doesn't appear to be a problem - take a look at the magazine as it sits in the delivery area. You can do this by pausing the stractech video on youtube at 9 seconds. After pausing the video you will see the magazines are canted back slightly creating a space on top where this piece protrudes from the airsoft magazine. Now I haven't tested one but the possibility of it fitting well look good.

There were plenty of negative comments concerning this system and that may be because this system was designed for combat. It would be great if you could adapt this for airsoft - time will tell. This system allows the combat operator the ability to deliver the fastest continuous reloads in the world (sub 2 seconds per - without looking away from the threat). Will a recon operator wear one? Maybe - Maybe not. But if you're kicking in a door or need to put forth a great deal of firepower in the least amount of time this system will enable you.

I would personally suggest to any combat operator the he/she carry ONE system (initially anway). I would suggest that they wear it on their WEAK reload side (same side as the weapon). The reason being that they will still be able to wear whatever they have been using all along on their STRONG reload side thus allowing them the best access to those magazines.

Regardless of what current configuration an operator wears on their strong reload side the F.A.S.T. System still delivers faster reloads from the weak side (sub 2 second reloads) and NO looking away from the threat.

If anyone has a pointed question I'll do my best to get you an answer. kos - thanks for the picture.

Sean
stractech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2008, 21:39   #35
kmsakura

personally i think this system looks amazing for cqb, and would probably work very well for urban environments, like the majority of firefights in Iraq or Afghanistan, might be a bit pricey for airsoft. to bad because the majority of games in Toronto are cqb.
kmsakura is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Gear Discussion