Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Reviews
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Tm VSR-10 (Upgrades)

:

Reviews

Old December 11th, 2012, 09:46   #106
suzenonest

I'd be interested in a TM vsr10, if the price wasn't outrageous. You say there's asc members that can supply them to av'd people?
suzenonest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2012, 10:11   #107
SuperHog

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzenonest View Post
I'd be interested in a TM vsr10, if the price wasn't outrageous. You say there's asc members that can supply them to av'd people?
Since you are AV'd, you have access to one. The average price expect $800.

I ended up with a VFC ASW338LM which stands out and is modern for $100 more and available through a brick & mortar. The VFC ASW338LM is VSR10 compatible.

The only thing that you will have to get use to is that a TM VSR looks like a the sub $250 snipers Javelin, M28, CA M24, C Tac....etc. I also have a used TM VSR10 that I picked up for $200 which is going to stay stock for that reason.

Last edited by SuperHog; December 11th, 2012 at 11:21..
SuperHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2012, 10:33   #108
m102404
Tys

IMO...it's not worth upgrading a clone VSR10 beyond a hopup rubber, inner barrel and barrel spacers (if they don't have them).

The sears will go...the piston will go....but I wouldn't replace those until they're toast. Caution...watch the engagement surfaces of the piston and match the sear/trigger group to it. Fitting a "nice" Zero trigger to a "clone" receiver often takes a good bit of filing.

The ARES WA2000 is a very solid VSR10 BA. It's built like a tank, fairly compact and a good shooter. Odd magazine setup (but none of the BA magazines are great anyways).
m102404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2012, 10:40   #109
suzenonest

800? Haha no wonder the clones are way more common
Old December 11th, 2012, 11:08   #110
SuperHog

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzenonest View Post
800? Haha no wonder the clones are way more common
I have clones and a TM as well and the quality of a TM are superb. The TM VSR10 comes with the cylinder pinned and left stock will last a long time but you will have to live with the lower FPS since it was made for Japan.

Clones are more popular because TM are not sold through stores.

Ares also announced a new bolt action the MSR which another modern sniper along side the VFC ASW338LM. The MSR is expected to be VSR10 compatible and retail for $500

Last edited by SuperHog; December 11th, 2012 at 11:19..
SuperHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2012, 12:36   #111
suzenonest

I had the intention of buying a clone, changing the spring to shoot 400fps or just below, and swap the trigger sear with aftermarket steel sears. A zero trigger doesn't seem necessary unless you're way over 400, correct me if I'm wrong.
Old December 20th, 2012, 13:49   #112
Ricochet
How much sand CAN you fit in your vagina!?

Actually there is at least one mainstream Canadian retailer that carries TM springers. They are pre upgraded for legal Canadian use before they enter the country as well. Get ready to pay top dollar though; totally worth it by the way. If you can't spend the cash, get the CA M24; do yourself a favor.
Old December 20th, 2012, 14:51   #113
XZIVR

Just to share my experience with clones vs TM.. I bought a JG BAR-10 from airsoft GI a while ago.. It was on sale for $100 with a scope. It's supposed to be one of the better clones, and although you can definitely tell it's a clone I was still happy with it, for the money.

Since getting it I've installed a 450FPS spring (it was shooting 400 ootb), AGI sears (only $50 and fit perfectly), firefly hopup and AGI 6.03 barrel. I feel that for the minimal amount of money I have put into it, it's a pretty darn good deal. I don't have any other sniper rifles to compare to at the moment but I can hit a quarter from 50 ft with every shot..?
XZIVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2013, 21:14   #114
Hectic
Oh we do hate you, just never felt like wasting the time to give you a user title :P

I got a question. Anyone have the airbreak bit that comes with the laylax/pss10 piston? I took mine out and put the grub screw the day i got it (2007) and ive been considering putting it back in to lowwer the fps a bit (from 515) but cant find the damn thing.
If anyone has one id like to have/buy it.
Thanks in advance.
Edit.
I also have a 509mm inner in my tsd can anyone confirm if the gspec with the silencer will be long enough to hide it or do i need a shorter barrel/longer silenced. Is the silencs a standard 14mm negative thread or do i need an adapter too?
Oje mkre question. Im lookin at a sorbo pad kit do i need to install both peices or will just the chlender head bit have a good silencing effect and wouldnt putting this seccond bit on the piston block off the holes on the piston that allow the oring to expand or is it cut smaller then it looks
http://www.airsoftparts.ca/store2/in...image&pID=1047
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDoorn View Post
Thanks Hectic,
While your posts are sometimes a difficult read, you sure are helpfull
Lvl. 3 certified sniper
FinchFieldAirsoft

Last edited by Hectic; February 23rd, 2013 at 21:57..
Hectic is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Reviews