Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

no semi?

:

Upgrades & Modifications

Old April 1st, 2013, 22:42   #1
Hectic
Oh we do hate you, just never felt like wasting the time to give you a user title :P

no semi?

Okay so i rebuilt my gearbox with a new lonex shell cause my old one busted.
It seems to work great except there is no semi my burst function works fine (im using a merf 3.2 with two signal wires to the triger switch and the power wires to the motor)
I took it apart a few times and re assembled with the same results. When i put it on semi the trigger will sometimes pull fine but not power to motor switch to auto and the burst works fine switch back to semi it seems like its on safe cycle the seletor back to safe then to semi trigger moves but no response.
Is it the selector plate should i try swapping it for the stock echo1 one or is it something else that could be causing the issue?
Im at a loss ive tore it down so much i busted the motor connector wire plug thing so im waitin on new ones and new wires while im at it. Also getting a new trigger switch just for the hell of it.
Its a v2 mechbox. Its drivin me nuts lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDoorn View Post
Thanks Hectic,
While your posts are sometimes a difficult read, you sure are helpfull
Lvl. 3 certified sniper
FinchFieldAirsoft
Hectic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2013, 22:46   #2
Eeyore
Suburban Gun Runner

Does it fire on semi when it is outside the gun?
http://i.imgur.com/wBfBB.gif
Eeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2013, 23:00   #3
Hectic
Oh we do hate you, just never felt like wasting the time to give you a user title :P

Its a v2 so i cant really check it like that but i got creative and tryed runninv the motor out of the gun while using my finger to slide the selector plate and i can only get it to spin non stop so full auto only (i adjusted the merf back to semi/auto when i did the test) with the selector forward trigger is locked mid way nothin full back just runs the motor non stop.
Im wondering. That lil black lever that goes through the box infront of the trigger and has the lil peice that is on thd outside that interacts with the selector plate if i maybe have the arm (inside the box) upside down or the tab on the oitside facing the wrong way?
Quote:
Thanks Hectic,
Lvl. 3 certified sniper
FinchFieldAirsoft
Old April 1st, 2013, 23:24   #4
TokyoSeven
Red Wine & Adderall

Just take your pistol grip for your M4 and screw it back onto the mechbox without the lower. You should be able to drop your motor back in to the grip and test that way.

My natural indication would be to go with the selector plate but since you have a mosfet installed it could be related to that. Unfortunately I have no mosfet experience so I will step back and let someone else assist with the issue.

"Its only a little bit on fire"

Last edited by TokyoSeven; April 1st, 2013 at 23:27.. Reason: Cats, so many cats.
TokyoSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2013, 23:32   #5
Hectic

I dont think its the fet it worked fine befor swapping shells im thinkin its the selector plate as well.
I was worried about testing like that cause there is less support on the gearbox i didnt want to crack the pistol grip or anything but ill keep that in
mind when my wires and such come in
Quote:
Thanks Hectic,
Lvl. 3 certified sniper
FinchFieldAirsoft
Old April 1st, 2013, 23:44   #6
ThunderCactus
Not Eye Safe, Pretty Boy Maximus on the field take his picture!

The black lever is the physical safety that jams the trigger
unless the motor is turning the gears, the motor can only run non-stop
ThunderCactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2013, 00:01   #7
Hectic

Not fully true. With the burst function it would run for its set time (168ms) thsn stop thats why i set it back to auto insted of burst. But hes i see what you mean without the lil bump on the sector gear hiting the cutoff lever jt doesnt know when a cycle is done. I guess ill test with the pistol grip only.
So what do you think TC its likely thebselector plate or could it be a seperate issue?
Quote:
Thanks Hectic,
Lvl. 3 certified sniper
FinchFieldAirsoft
Old April 2nd, 2013, 00:45   #8
OM3GA

What T7 said is pretty much right on the money, assemble, attach the grip, drop in motor and test. I've done the same when I had the chance to play around with both a merf and nanoAB.

If you are getting power and the burst function is working correctly then I would say it is safe to assume it is a mechanical issue. Being that it is semi that isn't working I would also be inclined to say start with the selector plate and go from there. Since you are getting a new switch assembly I would say give that a shot after the selector plate if the issue is still present.

Durate et vosmet rebus servate secundis.
OM3GA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2013, 09:45   #9
Hectic

Well i wannabrun the new switch anyhow as its spose to give beter trigger response so when that comes ill open the gearbox srip out the everything solder the signal wires to the new switch. Put the old selector plate on and reassemble everything including new motor wires and hope for the best lol
Quote:
Thanks Hectic,
Lvl. 3 certified sniper
FinchFieldAirsoft
Old April 2nd, 2013, 09:51   #10
ThunderCactus

If it makes you feel any better, it's not uncommon to run into selector plate problems when putting a different brand mechbox shell into a given receiver.
Sometimes it's the selector plate, sometimes it's the mechbox shell.
What you can do is pull the old plate off your old shell, remove the safety lever, trigger and cutoff lever, then the plate will slide out. Make sure you don't lose that spring, you can remove it with tweezers first.
Old April 2nd, 2013, 10:22   #11
Hectic

Yea i took everything from the old box except the selector plate and the tappet so i know how to swap it over.
Gonna compare the two plates and see if the one is a lil diferent from the stock one.
Then when i reassemble ill use the old one or perhaps the new one if i can see a small diference i can adjust with a file.
Well least in gettin in practice with shims snd soldering lol
Quote:
Thanks Hectic,
Lvl. 3 certified sniper
FinchFieldAirsoft
Old April 2nd, 2013, 16:40   #12
Hectic

Okay so ive retryed it with the stock selector plate and still no luck on the semi
Out of the body with just the grip installed no mater how i slide the selector plate i get no semi. I have noticed however that the cutoff lever (i think thats what it is the lil bit that sticks out the gearbox and holds the lil spring to the selector plate)
It seems to stick a bit it make the plate hard to slide till it goes click then pops towards the back and then its stuck backwards till i really push the selector plate forward past the point that the safety engages.
Is it posible that the sector gear has too much shim under it causing the cutoff lever to not work properly? (its got 0.4mm of shim on the botom)
Quote:
Thanks Hectic,
Lvl. 3 certified sniper
FinchFieldAirsoft
Old April 2nd, 2013, 19:19   #13
ThunderCactus

I guess it's possible, alternatively you can loosen the screw that holds the cutoff lever down by a bit
Old April 3rd, 2013, 20:02   #14
Hectic

Okay so now im rebuilding this thing and i have a new issue. The trigger switch (the small bit that slides back n forth) slips off of the trigger just as it gets to the contact point and goes click as it slides back to battery. Anyone have this issue befor?
I think im going to put a small screw in the bottom of the sliding bit so it wont slip off the trigger. You think this will work?
Quote:
Thanks Hectic,
Lvl. 3 certified sniper
FinchFieldAirsoft
Old April 3rd, 2013, 20:46   #15
OM3GA

That issue can happen simply from the way the spring on the trigger mechanism is seated. Whenever I've had it happen I just disassemble, check the spring and reassemble. That usually fixes the issue.

Durate et vosmet rebus servate secundis.
OM3GA is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications