Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Green gas question

:

Newbie Tank

Old October 31st, 2009, 15:24   #1
mas_oyama

Green gas question

Hi guys!

I'm looking to equip myself for airsoft.

I'm thinking about buying a couple of KJW guns. Since we can't go with true replicas like Tokyo Marui and stuff, I think KJW are the next best thing. I will probably order the stuff from 007airsoft.com (first questio: is that a good place???).

now I'm thinking about getting 2 handguns and 1 assault rifle from 007 airsoft, not at the same time, they are $/?%ing expensive! lol. I want a glock 23 or 32C, a 1911, and that gas powered M4.

Now, the question is: is there different quality in green gas? the bottle 007AS sells is 40 dollars, and I sent a email to them to know how many shots you can fire with that, and Ken from 007airsoft told me its about 1000 shots for a 40$ can.

So if there cheaper(I should say "less expensive"... but as good... dont want to buy "cheap" stuff as in "low quality") cans I can buy out there? 40 bucks for 40 shots isnt too bad, but if i can find better...

also, are BB reusable? if i practice on still objects (empty cans, paper targets, etc), and I find my BBs, can I use them again, or does the impact screw their shape up, rendering them unusable/damaging the guns? I should say I won't buy cheap BBs from canadian tire either, I'd buy high quality BB from 007 airsoft. Guns I will buy are expensive, I dont want to damage them with low quality BB and gas.

Thank you very much!
mas_oyama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2009, 15:27   #2
Thenooblord
Can't fix my own guns. Willing to fix yours.

Send a message via MSN to Thenooblord
Buy an adapter from airsoftparts.ca and use propane bottles, MUCH cheaper
do NOT re use BBs
Got to another shop like capitalairsoft.ca and get the KWA 1911, not a KJW MEU, its the same price, and MUCH higher quality, capitalaisofts KJW M4 GBB is also cheaper than other retailers

http://www.albertaairsoft.com/store/...id_product=175 he actually includes the adapter here!
Thenooblord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2009, 15:27   #3
Styrak

Send a message via MSN to Styrak
Use propane, it's the same thing for $4 a container, and you'd get about 3x as many shots as a can of green gas.

Also, get age verified and you can buy TM and other full metal, full black guns in the classifieds.

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services
Styrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2009, 15:29   #4
Rock 'N' Roll Outlaw

Location: Mississauga, ON -- The Brotherhood Of Eternal Sleep
Green gas is essentially propane with silicone oil. Find the sticky thread that has all the info you need. Green gas is a waste of money.

No BB's aren't reusable. They will damage your hopup and barrel. BBs are cheap anyway, 2000 BB Bastard bbs are $10 a bag.

And yes you CAN have Tokyo Marui and other all black guns. Just get yourself Age Verified and then you can gain access to the classifieds section here. Theres a sticky in this section that explains it all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pliskin View Post
This is the equivalent to knocking on deaths door and blowing his head off with a shotgun.
Rock 'N' Roll Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2009, 15:30   #5
TCLP

007 Is a great place to buy guns they are a reliable retailer. I have purchased through them. That said DO NOT get a GBB or GBBR As you can only game them in the summer months and they tend to be to powerful. The KJW m4GBBR shoots to hot on green gas for out door play and way to hot for indoor.
And Pistols tend to be underpowered for outdoor use.

Also go to Can Tire and get a bottle of Coleman Propane, then get a airsoft innovations Propane adapter, and then some 10wt silicone oil from an RC shop. Green Gas= Propane+Silicone oil.

BB's are NOT reusable.

If you are 18+ get age verified and then you can get TM's!
TCLP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2009, 15:31   #6
MoreToasties
Art affectionado

Green gas is a complete waste of your hard-earned money.

It is the exact same thing as propane.

You have to buy an adapter, and then you can guy your propane from Canadian Tire in green Coleman cans.

With regards to BBs, you will need to buy high quality ones, NOT .12s, to not damage your gun.

DO NOT reuse them! They will have slight inconsistencies from being fired and hitting whatever target, and these inconsistencies can ruin your barrel.

However, I'm sure not sure why you would want to. Do you plan on picking them up of the field after a game? Or did you mean after plinking?

MoreToasties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2009, 15:34   #7
mas_oyama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thenooblord View Post
Buy an adapter from airsoftparts.ca and use propane bottles, MUCH cheaper
do NOT re use BBs
Got to another shop like capitalairsoft.ca and get the KWA 1911, not a KJW MEU, its the same price, and MUCH higher quality, capitalaisofts KJW M4 GBB is also cheaper than other retailers

http://www.albertaairsoft.com/store/...id_product=175 he actually includes the adapter here!
But I hear using pure propane is not good since there is some lubricant in green gas... am i misinformed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Styrak View Post
Use propane, it's the same thing for $4 a container, and you'd get about 3x as many shots as a can of green gas.

Also, get age verified and you can buy TM and other full metal, full black guns in the classifieds.

For the guns and companies... I learned from 007airsoft that in canada you are not allowed to have full black guns... some parts must be clear. 007airsoft's guns are clear, but tinted, so at first glance you think its full painted...

again, am I misinformed about laws in canada? cause 007airsoft won't even sell replicas to civilians. only to police, military and for movie use.

thanks for the info guys, I look foward into your replies about that propane thing and for the law on replicas in canada! and thanks for the tips about
KWA... (is it just their 1911 that is better or it is all their guns that are superior to KJW?)
Old October 31st, 2009, 15:37   #8
TCLP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mas_oyama View Post
But I hear using pure propane is not good since there is some lubricant in green gas... am i misinformed?

For the guns and companies... I learned from 007airsoft that in canada you are not allowed to have full black guns... some parts must be clear. 007airsoft's guns are clear, but tinted, so at first glance you think its full painted...

again, am I misinformed about laws in canada? cause 007airsoft won't even sell replicas to civilians. only to police, military and for movie use.

thanks for the info guys, I look foward into your replies about that propane thing and for the law on replicas in canada! and thanks for the tips about
KWA... (is it just their 1911 that is better or it is all their guns that are superior to KJW?)

I guess you missed my earlier post Green GAS = Propane+Silicone Oil
Also the guns that are clear are only clear because they are easier to import into the country. It has nothing to do with legality.
TCLP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2009, 15:38   #9
MoreToasties
Art affectionado

Quote:

In terms of lube for propane, just drop a bit of lube on the opening of the bottle before a mag fill.

In Canada, it's not the ownership of replicas that is illegal, its the trade and import. I'm not an expert on the subject but there are many FAQs here on ASC about it.

KWA is generally superior to KJW, yes, but do some research and you will discover that while KJW products are hit and miss, the ones that are good are very good.

Old October 31st, 2009, 15:38   #10
mas_oyama

wow people answer fast here! I love it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoreToasties View Post
However, I'm sure not sure why you would want to. Do you plan on picking them up of the field after a game? Or did you mean after plinking?
no its for when I practice on targets. I plan to make a litle setup at home, like in the garage of something. distances will be shot, but its better than nothing. but yeah thats what I thought, I wont reuse them.
Old October 31st, 2009, 15:41   #11
MoreToasties
Art affectionado

Quote:
no its for when I practice on targets. I plan to make a litle setup at home, like in the garage of something. distances will be shot, but its better than nothing. but yeah thats what I thought, I wont reuse them.
Okay, well enjoy your new guns, and remember, plink inside or where no freaky-out-ey lobby-group forming soccer moms will see you practicing terrorizin'.

Old October 31st, 2009, 15:41   #12
mas_oyama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock 'N' Roll Outlaw View Post
CAN have Tokyo Marui and other all black guns. Just get yourself Age Verified and then you can gain access to the classifieds section here. Theres a sticky in this section that explains it all.
Okay I'm sorry, How do I get age verified for that?
Old October 31st, 2009, 15:42   #13
Thenooblord
Can't fix my own guns. Willing to fix yours.

Send a message via MSN to Thenooblord
you get a bottle of silicone oil for 5 bucks, a bottle of propane for 5 bucks, and a reuseable $20 adapter and you have nearly free gas forever
Thenooblord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2009, 15:44   #14
mas_oyama

Quote:
Okay I'm sorry, How do I get age verified for that?
found it. nevermind
Old October 31st, 2009, 15:57   #15
mas_oyama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock 'N' Roll Outlaw View Post
And yes you CAN have Tokyo Marui and other all black guns. Just get yourself Age Verified and then you can gain access to the classifieds section here. Theres a sticky in this section that explains it all.
I'm sorry I havent found the info I search... can somebody explain clearly to me how this works? I read those guns are considered replicas and are illegal for civilians to have.

thank you.

another question: since I know there is maybe a possibility I can have a TM, I looked on 007airsoft what they have (I wont buy that from them, but its just to have an idea. Their TM handguns often use some "HFC 134a" gas. What is that, can I replace that by something else? (like replacing GG by propane)

Last edited by mas_oyama; October 31st, 2009 at 16:02..
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank