Airsoft Canada
http://triggerairsoft.com/shop/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Well, here comes my newbie questions. Please help!

:

Newbie Tank

Closed Thread

Old July 11th, 2009, 03:25   #1
Tiberius123

Well, here comes my newbie questions. Please help!

So, the first thing I'm going to say is that I am not 18. Please dont tell me to wait and get age verified, and I know that theres the thing about "instant gratification" but 13 months is a bit long.

Now, moving on. I know that nobody in classifieds will deal with me due to my age, and I will only be able to work with big retailers. The only one that i have found so far that is anywhere near me (I live in Edmonton) is 007 airsoft. I emailed Ken Cheung already, so hopefully I get a response. However, truth be told, his prices seem really steep, so Im looking for an alternative. (My intent was to do this physically in Calgary, as i will be heading to the rockies to golf soon, yay!)

Now I have read a couple posts that have said something about retailers from Asia being reasonably easy to import from. I wanted to know if there is any truth to this. Furthermore, I was looking around on Airsoft GI, and many of their guns had orange tips. If i were to import one of these, would this fail miserably, and if so, why? Don't orange tips designate them as a non-firearm replica?

Any further advice on how I can obtain a decent gun without having to pay double the price would be excellent.

Many thanks,
Tiberius
Old July 11th, 2009, 03:29   #2
yuhaoyang
asexual lumbricus terrestris

Send a message via MSN to yuhaoyang
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberius123 View Post
So, the first thing I'm going to say is that I am not 18. Please dont tell me to wait and get age verified, and I know that theres the thing about "instant gratification" but 13 months is a bit long.

Now, moving on. I know that nobody in classifieds will deal with me due to my age, and I will only be able to work with big retailers. The only one that i have found so far that is anywhere near me (I live in Edmonton) is 007 airsoft. I emailed Ken Cheung already, so hopefully I get a response. However, truth be told, his prices seem really steep, so Im looking for an alternative. (My intent was to do this physically in Calgary, as i will be heading to the rockies to golf soon, yay!)

Now I have read a couple posts that have said something about retailers from Asia being reasonably easy to import from. I wanted to know if there is any truth to this. Furthermore, I was looking around on Airsoft GI, and many of their guns had orange tips. If i were to import one of these, would this fail miserably, and if so, why? Don't orange tips designate them as a non-firearm replica?

Any further advice on how I can obtain a decent gun without having to pay double the price would be excellent.

Many thanks,
Tiberius
No one will say that anyone under 18 should get a gun here, but I'll answer your questions anyways?
007 sells the CAS and the regular (toptech) versions, the CAS version is cheaper and uses cheaper, but still pretty nice metal, the toptech version uses the standard metal that G&G toptech guns use; the internals are exactly the same apart from the differing 6.08 and 6.04 inner barrels.
And you can't import full guns or recievers (the part where the action of the gun is) from anywhere, overseas or from the USA. Cansoft guns aren't double the price?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson View Post
The chinese steal everything. Haven't seen an original idea come out of that country yet.
Old July 11th, 2009, 03:34   #3
Tiberius123

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuhaoyang View Post
No one will say that anyone under 18 should get a gun here, but I'll answer your questions anyways?
007 sells the CAS and the regular (toptech) versions, the CAS version is cheaper and uses cheaper, but still pretty nice metal, the toptech version uses the standard metal that G&G toptech guns use; the internals are exactly the same apart from the differing 6.08 and 6.04 inner barrels.
And you can't import full guns or recievers (the part where the action of the gun is) from anywhere, overseas or from the USA. Cansoft guns aren't double the price?
Thank you, I can't really say I expected anyone to take me seriously.

The reason I said that is because i compared the price of a KJW M92F to Airsoft G.I., and it was way cheaper, plus the airsoft GI one was full metal, and this was not.

On that note, are KJW good guns?
Old July 11th, 2009, 03:35   #4
yuhaoyang

They're okay, slightly low grade metal, but okay.
TMs are much better.
Quote:
The chinese steal everything. Haven't seen an original idea come out of that country yet.
Old July 11th, 2009, 03:38   #5
Tiberius123

How am I ever supposed to get my hands on a Marui?
Old July 11th, 2009, 03:39   #6
Sarky

Get AV'd
Old July 11th, 2009, 03:40   #7
Tiberius123

Read the first post.
Old July 11th, 2009, 03:43   #8
yuhaoyang

Don't go read the first post... He's right... That's the only way.
Quote:
Old July 11th, 2009, 03:44   #9
Zilgorn_Zeypher

Even 007 requires you to be 18 to buy a airsoft rifle or pistol unfortunatly here you are unlikey to find anyone who will tell you a way to get an airsoft weapon outside of verification as we here believe in the rule of being 18 to own and use an airsoft rifle. If you have any largeish airsoft games in your area you might be able to find some people who you can prove yourself to as a responsible 17yr old and they may allow you to play with them other than that you will have to wait untill your 18th birthday to get age verified.
Old July 11th, 2009, 03:46   #10
Sarky

It's just one year so find some other stuff to do first. I gotta wait 4 years starting Sept to get age verified. So if I can hold off for about 4 years you can probably wait 13 months.
Old July 11th, 2009, 03:50   #11
Tiberius123

True, but the difference is you probably already own an airsoft gun.
Old July 11th, 2009, 03:56   #12
yuhaoyang

Your intro not going well so far... Be nicer.
Quote:
Old July 11th, 2009, 04:02   #13
TokyoSeven
Red Wine & Adderall

On the note of importing items from asia, items such as unrestricted parts and accessories are items that are easy to import, attempting to import a full airsoft gun is a different story entirely.

Unfortunetly the prices are what they are for a reason, the info on the reason is available on this website if you take the time to poke around.

I have no further advice to offer you in regards to how to aquire a decent airsoft gun at low price if you are not interested in this websites age verifacation system.

"Its only a little bit on fire"
Old July 11th, 2009, 04:02   #14
Tiberius123

Also true. Apologies. But I think ill let this die. Kind of a sad realization type thing. Thank you all for the help!
Closed ThreadTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank