trying to buy a pistol but no one has it

:

Newbie Tank

Old January 22nd, 2012, 08:11   #61
Drake
E-01

Quote:
Originally Posted by surebet View Post
If you think WE pistols are good, you don't know what good is. Period.
In all fairness the WE single stack 1911s (NOT the HiCapas, etc) are decent workhorses and can be made good with a few minor upgrade (tightbore, springs and piston head -- nothing you wouldn't upgrade on any other platform).

The slightly miss-sized recoil spring guide on the 1st gens (which caused the front to break) gave them a bad rep, but that's been long fixed.
Old January 22nd, 2012, 09:01   #62
Deadpool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Styrak View Post
Another case of "asks for advice, ignores it and buys what they were going to buy anyway"

I think we're done here.
Typical young airsofter.

1: Makes up his mind on something

2: Wastes peoples time by asking the question anyway (Even though his mind is already made)

3: Ignores all answers that are contrary to his choice. (The most typical reaction from kids)

4: Does whatever he wants because his mind is made anyway.

5: Will throw a fit because I posted this saying he's mature and/or will not buy it until he's 18 and will go on a flaming spree and then get banned and go cry in a corner

Vérificateur d'age Mauricie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strelok View Post
So you're saying we cannot engage in a hobby once we are older?

Children these days.
Deadpool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2012, 09:18   #63
Jimski

mmm apparently he has stopped looking at this thread and will hate ASC for ever.
I question the whole sniper story btw, I think he just wanted that pistol and the rest are just bad excuses.
and the pistol in question looks like safezone piece for a look-at-me noob, or a wallhanger for a movie fan.

Last edited by Jimski; January 22nd, 2012 at 09:26..
Jimski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2012, 10:32   #64
surebet
Vicious MSPaint Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
In all fairness the WE single stack 1911s (NOT the HiCapas, etc) are decent workhorses and can be made good with a few minor upgrade (tightbore, springs and piston head -- nothing you wouldn't upgrade on any other platform).

The slightly miss-sized recoil spring guide on the 1st gens (which caused the front to break) gave them a bad rep, but that's been long fixed.
Ah, that I did not know, my experience was only with numerous HiCapas. Is the lemon rate still at similar levels or hae they finally began to clean up their QC?

Stop American Censorship
surebet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2012, 11:03   #65
Kozzie
a.k.a. Greedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Styrak View Post
Another case of "asks for advice, ignores it and buys what they were going to buy anyway"

I think we're done here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadpool View Post
Typical young airsofter.

1: Makes up his mind on something

2: Wastes peoples time by asking the question anyway (Even though his mind is already made)

3: Ignores all answers that are contrary to his choice. (The most typical reaction from kids)

4: Does whatever he wants because his mind is made anyway.

5: Will throw a fit because I posted this saying he's mature and/or will not buy it until he's 18 and will go on a flaming spree and then get banned and go cry in a corner

Actually he never solicited any advice from anyone about anything other than where to get the pistol he wanted but couldn't find.

Is he guilty of wanting to buy a crappy pistol? Absolutely, but he didn't "waste anyone's time". As was stated in the very first post he had made up his mind and just wanted to know where to get it. After that everyone just threw in their $0.02 assuming he wanted it.

He also stopped posting on the second page so I doubt any "fits" will be thrown.
Kozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2012, 11:41   #66
eKirts

I'm with Kozzie on this one.
All the guy was asking was where to find a pistol... Not a life lesson.... let him figure out the rest and answer the OP unless the person asks differently.

The 2 cent spam was ridiculous...

Hopefully this doesn't start a flame fest against me :P
just my 2¢... lol
eKirts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2012, 14:20   #67
Danke

He made his bed when he dug in his heels about getting age verified. Burnaby is served by many buses, a skytrain line that gets you down town or out West to Surrey and connects too two other train lines that will get you to Richmond or PoCo.

I won't say playing airsoft in Canada is easy compared to most other countries. It does take some travel, and legwork to make the connections and extra cash for the guns that without them you won't be playing.

The catch is all the players in the know; the "elitist pricks" have already made that trip. They drove or hitched to meet an age verifier. They saved up for the gear while scraping by. They've continued to find time to get to games. No one had it easy, and by continuing to play you still have to make that effort.

When the new guys come in and they have done none of that and then the complaining starts that it's too hard for them after they haven't taken the first steps they display an unacceptable character flaw. Now that may be just part of the online presence but since they wont' budge to get to a game or other venue its all there is to judge them by. I wouldn't show up at a baseball game and demand to be walked because I was new and all the other players knew how to swing a bat better than I did. If I wanted to play I'd have to grind it out.

I've seen enough new players who come up to a few games and then when their junk AEG packs it in they're never seen again. The folks here who've been around the block and are offering real advice to help new players have a very valid basis for the way they word the advice given. Giving a new player the instant gratification of what they think they want won't help people join up when this supposed super gun won't run for a full season.
Old January 22nd, 2012, 14:57   #68
Razial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kozzie View Post
Actually he never solicited any advice from anyone about anything other than where to get the pistol he wanted but couldn't find.

Is he guilty of wanting to buy a crappy pistol? Absolutely, but he didn't "waste anyone's time". As was stated in the very first post he had made up his mind and just wanted to know where to get it. After that everyone just threw in their $0.02 assuming he wanted it.

He also stopped posting on the second page so I doubt any "fits" will be thrown.
Quote:
Originally Posted by eKirts View Post
I'm with Kozzie on this one.
All the guy was asking was where to find a pistol... Not a life lesson.... let him figure out the rest and answer the OP unless the person asks differently.

The 2 cent spam was ridiculous...

Hopefully this doesn't start a flame fest against me :P
just my 2¢... lol
thank you for understanding my topic at least to what i asking, as for not posting yes but have been reading the posts from my email didnt want to bother replying that might start flame war or insults
Razial is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank