Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

64 Pattern Ruck

:

Gear Discussion

Old November 30th, 2005, 00:50   #1
ert

64 Pattern Ruck

I've heard only really good things about the 64 Pattern rucks and I was wondering where you guys got your frames from and about how much they cost because I've heard stories of guys getting unissed ones for $20 in places, but I can only find them in the $150 range... is there some secret surplus store I haven't found yet?

And what do you guys attach to them? The 64 or the 82 bag? I've heard arguments for both, but it was a long time ago and I can't remember it all...

Thanks,
Mark

My Old ASC Buy/Sell Rating
ert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2005, 02:28   #2
Lerch
* AV Status REVOKED *

The bag really depends where you want to put the stress on your body. The '82 Pattern rucksack has the pack and valice hung lower (putting stress on your waist and hips) while the '64 Pattern rucksack tends to ride the weight higher (thus putting the stress on your shoulders).

Personally I'd take a '64 bag (it's rubberized interior means it's windproof and water resistant) with '82 straps (the quick-release setup is always a gem).
Old November 30th, 2005, 06:33   #3
Yeoman

Send a message via MSN to Yeoman
yeah good luck trying to find a decent ACTUAL 64 pattern bag. I had one issued to me and it was junk.
personally I've had it in both configurations. I've always prefered having it set up in a jump style (well I kinda have to now being in a para coy )
dropzone tatical has made some pretty slick stuff on their site, pricey yes, but the stuff on there will last you forever. it's a nice kidney belt that they sell on there, extremely comfortable.
the place I went to for the longest time was in manitoba. the frames were $50 a pop. he doesn't have anymore though.
though I've heard of stores in oakville that have them still new in the bag for like $60.
I'm doing an order right now for frames for my unit, so if you want to tag on, I'll see what I can do for you.
Greg
Yeoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2005, 09:55   #4
ert

I'll send you a PM...

Old November 30th, 2005, 12:02   #5
Armyissue
Administrator of Pants

Send a message via MSN to Armyissue Send a message via Skype™ to Armyissue
Uh guys !! $50

The 64 frame!

If you want a bulk order I'll work out a deal for you. The best configuration IMO frame with the 82 bag, straps, and harness. But every one's different.
I have a good stock of them right now but availability may suddenly change.
Cheers
Army Issue
Armyissue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2005, 12:23   #6
Point_Man

Send a message via MSN to Point_Man
I currently have a 82 pattern bag strapped to a 64 frame. It works out quite nicely actually. The 64 frame is quite short, putting the load carriage higher on your back. It's a good idea to get a nicely padded kidney/waist belt so your hips can bear some of the weight. I've been toying with the idea of getting a CP gear CADPAT 64 bag...anyone own one?
Point_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2005, 13:19   #7
ert

Army Issue: I'll send you a pm...

Point_Man: I just bought a CP OD 64 Pattern bag... I'll let you know what it's like when it shows up.

Old November 30th, 2005, 13:31   #8
-Skeletor-
I got mine for $22 at Anderson&Anderson Surplus, right now I got the '82 pack on it, but gonna replace it with either the Canadian Peacekeeper '64 bag or the Drop Zone one.

My brother(Infantryman in 2PPCLI) has the CP '64 bag(an all the other CP '64 parts) on his '64 frame an loves it. Lots of space to store stuff, well made, etc
Old November 30th, 2005, 16:23   #9
ert

Hey guys, I got a CP bag, a frame and shoulder straps coming in soon. Thanks for all the help. I knew it was possible to do this cheaper then Supply Sargent's ridiculous $150 price tag... Now for kidney belt and pads...

ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Gear Discussion