metal propane adapter

:

Newbie Tank

Old March 31st, 2011, 05:50   #16
Drake
E-01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Styrak View Post
Yes, and half of their releases were metal.
Not to mention the plastic ones break easily and you have to buy a new one.
Have to agree with this. I had the original AI adapter (metal) and it lasted for years (until a propane bottle fell off a table and landed on a nozzle, so not really its fault).

Then went through two of the new plastic ones (one red, one tan) in as many years through normal usage. Horribly disappointed by them.

So I got a Madbull one and it's in its 2nd year now and I'm happy again. No damage to the adapter NOR the fill valves.
Old March 31st, 2011, 10:06   #17
Seff5677

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
Have to agree with this. I had the original AI adapter (metal) and it lasted for years (until a propane bottle fell off a table and landed on a nozzle, so not really its fault).

Then went through two of the new plastic ones (one red, one tan) in as many years through normal usage. Horribly disappointed by them.

So I got a Madbull one and it's in its 2nd year now and I'm happy again. No damage to the adapter NOR the fill valves.
\

Thats good news
Seff5677 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2011, 15:59   #18
Styrak

Send a message via MSN to Styrak
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post

I still have my original AI metal adapter 4 years later

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services
Styrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2011, 18:15   #19
MadMax
Delierious Designer of Dastardly Detonations

Location: in the dark recesses of some metal chip filled machine shop
The adaptors with a side oil port do not meter their oil dose. You'll shoot most of the oil out in a single mag fill. The reason I recommend adding oil to the propane tank once every eight mag fills is that heavy lubrication is not required. Overlubing results in your gun getting the drips. Adding oil to the filling cycle gets oil inside your mag which also maintains the seals in your fill valve and fire valve. External application of lubricant does not do this because oil does not reach the innermost seals on your fire or fill valves.

MadMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2011, 18:39   #20
SHaKaL

Send a message via MSN to SHaKaL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Styrak View Post
I still have my original AI metal adapter 4 years later
Me to; but have the plastic one to... I prefer the metal one... going to be 6 seasons now without a problem.

101e 506Pir Fox Company - SHTYK NOZH

Last edited by SHaKaL; March 31st, 2011 at 18:43..
SHaKaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2011, 18:59   #21
Spawn28
I am manly hear me squeek

Send a message via MSN to Spawn28
+1 on the metal had the same one since i started going on 5 years now and not one issue with mags or nozzle in fact everyone uses mine as theres are usually the plastic ones that break easily or those shitty oil resevoir ones mine is a Madbull Version 1 and never had an issue with it

Never understood how the plastic ones could hold up to the extreme cold of propane you would think they would shatter quite easily
Old March 31st, 2011, 19:01   #22
The Chad
formerly LoveMyStubby

I use the GG canisters usually King Arms, I tried the adapter for a while and never liked them. Ready to go ones are easier.....
The Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2011, 19:06   #23
Eeyore
Suburban Gun Runner

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chad View Post
I use the GG canisters usually King Arms, I tried the adapter for a while and never liked them. Ready to go ones are easier.....
And cost $30 for how many fills? Thirty maybe, or you can get an adator and coleman tan and get 100+ fills for $5.
http://i.imgur.com/wBfBB.gif
Eeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2011, 19:42   #24
BloodSport
Traveling Man

I still have my version 1, version 2 and version 3 metal AI adaptors. All still fully functional and all ordered within a week of MadMax releasing them. No issues with filling or leaks from them.
Old March 31st, 2011, 22:56   #25
Boyso
a.k.a. LastSpartan

Send a message via MSN to Boyso
I've been using a plastic one for a year now, but how did you guys broke it? By removing it from the can with an angle, or simply by dropping it?

"WHEN I DIE
BURY ME
UPSIDE DOWN
SO THE WORLD
CAN KISS MY ASS"
-Platoon

Boyso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2011, 23:09   #26
Seff5677

so let me get this straight, i have the metal madbull adapter with the reservoir to add oil in it. So i add a few drops of oil in the reserve every 5-8 mag refills?

And should i also be adding oil onto the mag where the filler is every now and then?

im confused sorry
Old April 1st, 2011, 07:41   #27
FACE
a.k.a. Phoneguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seff5677 View Post
so let me get this straight, i have the metal madbull adapter with the reservoir to add oil in it. So i add a few drops of oil in the reserve every 5-8 mag refills?

And should i also be adding oil onto the mag where the filler is every now and then?

im confused sorry
Just put a few drops in the reserve and you're golden. You shouldn't need to put more oil in the fill valve on the mag as well. You shouldn't be seeing plumes of oil when you shoot your GBB every single time. Too much oil I'm guessing if that's the case.

Cheers,
FACE
Quote:
Originally Posted by TokyoSeven View Post
Long story short:
If your gun is in Canada, leave it in Canada.
If your gun is not in Canada, leave it outside of Canada.
FACE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2011, 07:54   #28
The Chad
formerly LoveMyStubby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyore View Post
And cost $30 for how many fills? Thirty maybe, or you can get an adator and coleman tan and get 100+ fills for $5.
Yes, they're $20 bucks for I have no idea how many fills, I don't count. It's like going out for supper as opposed to making it at home. I choose to dine out.
The Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2011, 08:26   #29
Drake
E-01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boyso View Post
I've been using a plastic one for a year now, but how did you guys broke it? By removing it from the can with an angle, or simply by dropping it?
My red plastic AI, the probe just snapped in half while loading; the tan AI, the tip of the probe got chipped (not sure how it happened, only noticed after the fact -- but it wasn't bumped or dropped or anything) and at first wasn't sealing well with the fill valve, and gradually a crack started to appear long the length of the probe (which leaked gas) and got worse until it finally leaked so much I think more gas was escaping than going into the mags.

For people who only load a couple of GBB mags (i.e, most people) I think the plastic one is fine, but when loading stuff with larger reservoirs (like some gas shotguns or 40mm grenades etc) or large amounts of mags, I think that's what killed mine: if i'm loading 40mm shells (7+) or in a pistol/shotgun game (like at the Mill) where I'm loading 7x 1911 mags plus my shotgun which has a pretty big reservoir, there's a considerable amount of frost which has formed on the adapter by the time I'm done -- and this is in summer heat.
Old April 1st, 2011, 09:52   #30
Seff5677

Quote:
Originally Posted by FACE View Post
Just put a few drops in the reserve and you're golden. You shouldn't need to put more oil in the fill valve on the mag as well. You shouldn't be seeing plumes of oil when you shoot your GBB every single time. Too much oil I'm guessing if that's the case.

Cheers,
FACE
Ok, thats what i was assuming would be the case still waiting for my pistol
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank