Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

MEU reassembly

:

Doctor's Corner

Old August 2nd, 2010, 16:14   #1
TaroBear

MEU reassembly

I just took apart my MEU for the first time, and I cleaned it. I got everything back in, and I'm trying to perform the last time to put the gun back together, but I can get the piece that locks the slide back into place. There seems to be a little nub or something that I can push into the piece above the grip, but I can get the slide lock piece back in and hold it at the same time. Any ideas? Am I doing some wrong here, or does Marui expect you to have teeny ass fingers?
Old August 2nd, 2010, 16:18   #2
RacingManiac

Use a tiny screw driver? Thats how I usually do it...

My Arnies' Album
My PBase Album
Custom Pistol Whore...
RacingManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2010, 16:20   #3
TaroBear

Seriously? I thought I was just being a dumbass and doing this wrong. They call this "field stripping"? How would I have put it back together if I was actually taking it apart on the field?

Edit: Wait a minute. I couldn't stick a screwdriver there. It'd be too big, I wouldn't be able to get the piece back in anyway.
Old August 2nd, 2010, 16:23   #4
RacingManiac

The stock one has no issue for me, but for Nova stuff on TM 1911, the pin they use sticks out more and makes it hard to push in with the slide stop itself. You can also mod the slide stop a little bit by filing a lead-in to help pushing the pin back.

My Arnies' Album
My PBase Album
Custom Pistol Whore...
RacingManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2010, 16:26   #5
TaroBear

What does the pin even do? As far as I can tell, it doesn't do much of anything. It doesn't look like it's keeping anything in place. I find that I can get the slide stopper into place really easily if I have the slide off first...problem is, the slide doesn't lock back all the way into the proper position.

Edit: Hokay, I got it. So it looks like you have to move it back into the little notch to put the slide back in, not where it usually locks back if the gun is empty. I totally forgot that's how the manual said you should take it apart.

Last edited by TaroBear; August 2nd, 2010 at 16:31..
TaroBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2010, 15:06   #6
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaroBear View Post
What does the pin even do? As far as I can tell, it doesn't do much of anything. It doesn't look like it's keeping anything in place. I find that I can get the slide stopper into place really easily if I have the slide off first...problem is, the slide doesn't lock back all the way into the proper position.
The plunger set (what you call the "pin") is two-ended. One end pushes towards the slide catch, so that it can be held down (when an empty magazine is not inserted.) It also acts as a detent to prevent the slide catch from falling out if you happen to have the slide pulled back to the takedown notch. In so, it will also prevent damage to the slide and to the slide catch.

At the other end of the plunger set, it goes towards the safety lever, and acts as a detent between Safety or Fire. The spring will also keep the lever in the chosen selection, otherwise the lever could just drop out of Safety in to Fire mode, or it can also prevent the lever from accidentally popping up in to safety due to the recoil forces while firing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaroBear View Post
Edit: Hokay, I got it. So it looks like you have to move it back into the little notch to put the slide back in, not where it usually locks back if the gun is empty. I totally forgot that's how the manual said you should take it apart.
LOL, so the problem was... "user error"?
ILLusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2010, 15:10   #7
TaroBear

When you disassemble it, you can actually do it where the slide catch or the little notch is. When you put it back together, you can only do it with the little notch. Problem is, after cleaning and stuff, I had totally forgotten about the manual, so I was just trying to do it by memory of how I took it apart. Unfortunately, I tried for about 30 minutes to do it where the slide catch normally goes;obviously, that wouldn't work unless I broke something. Then I noticed this little notch in the slide a bit ways down, and I tried it. Obviously, it worked. So yeah, I'm a dumbass.

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner