Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Classifieds section vs Retailers section vs age verification

:

Newbie Tank

Old September 20th, 2009, 16:32   #1
wind953

Classifieds section vs Retailers section vs age verification

I am a relatively new member to this forum and definitely new to airsoft.

Before I stumbled upon this site, I was hopelessly looking for non-clearsoft (and I am not just talking about Canadian Tire.....clear frame KJW gas guns from Canadian retailers like 007Airsoft or VelocityArms or whatever is just as retarded...regardless of quality...my opinion anyway) retailers in Canada.

This site has a retailer section full of the type of stores mentioned above, whose access does not require age verification. That being said, that section seems useless to me unless I am looking for parts and accessories.

I am meeting with a rep and getting my age verified soon. My question is this...

The classifieds sections seem to be places where age verified ASC users sell and buy their guns, but what's interesting is that their guns are TMs, WAs, Tanakas...anything nonclearsoft. Where did they get those to begin with?

Does age verification open you up to a secret Canadian airsoft retailer's market otherwise impossible to google up (or just extremely difficult)? If so, how come I don't see an "age verification required" Retailer's section?

I guess I will get answers when I get my age verified, but this has been bothering me for a long time, so some answers will be appreciated! Thanks a bunch!
wind953 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2009, 16:41   #2
Rock 'N' Roll Outlaw

Location: Mississauga, ON -- The Brotherhood Of Eternal Sleep
Essentially yes. Once you get AV'ed you will have a whole new world opened up for you in terms of non-clear airsoft. And there is an Age Verified Retailers section. Its right under the retailers section, but it uses the short form for Age Verified "AV" Retailers.

Just wait until you get AV'ed and you will need to save every penny you come across until then because this is NOT a cheap hobby.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pliskin View Post
This is the equivalent to knocking on deaths door and blowing his head off with a shotgun.
Rock 'N' Roll Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2009, 16:42   #3
Eeyore
Suburban Gun Runner

Yes it does, and yes there is an age verified section of retailers.
http://i.imgur.com/wBfBB.gif
Eeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2009, 16:48   #4
TokyoSeven
Red Wine & Adderall

Quote:
Originally Posted by wind953 View Post

The classifieds sections seem to be places where age verified ASC users sell and buy their guns, but what's interesting is that their guns are TMs, WAs, Tanakas...anything nonclearsoft. Where did they get those to begin with?

Does age verification open you up to a secret Canadian airsoft retailer's market otherwise impossible to google up (or just extremely difficult)? If so, how come I don't see an "age verification required" Retailer's section?
Airsoft was not always the way it is as it is now, only a few years ago there existed many retailers that had the means to bring in virtually anything a person could want as long as they could afford it. Even today retailers exist that have the means to bring in non clear airsoft, their may not be as many as there were and they may not be as forth coming as to who they are but they do exist.

There are listings that are essentially invisible to unverified users, there is an age verified only retailer section. You should be able to see the thread, just not be able to view anything in the thread.

"Its only a little bit on fire"

Last edited by TokyoSeven; September 20th, 2009 at 16:50..
TokyoSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2009, 21:29   #5
wind953

Ahh....now I feel really silly for not realizing AV meant age verified. Thanks for the info guys!
wind953 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank