Airsoft Canada
BuyAirsoft

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Media
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Post your pistol!

:

Airsoft Media

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old April 2nd, 2010, 16:08   #286
juicy
 
juicy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Richmond, BC
RM, I'm no Glock fan (quite the opposite actually), but that stippled tan frame with the polished slide/barrel actually looks.... interesting. Like... different, in a good way. I kinda like it more and more the more I look at your pics actually, haha.
juicy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2010, 18:37   #287
Slono
Slow mo.
 
Slono's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: GTA
Wow... how do you polish the slide so well without taking off a huge amount of material? I'm afraid that by the time I'm finished with the slide, since I would have gone through several sand sessions with different grits, half of it would be dust on the table.
__________________

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands
in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he
stands at times of challenge and controversy.
- Martin Luther King, Jr.


Slono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2010, 22:49   #288
turok_t
 
turok_t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slono View Post
Wow... how do you polish the slide so well without taking off a huge amount of material? I'm afraid that by the time I'm finished with the slide, since I would have gone through several sand sessions with different grits, half of it would be dust on the table.
Use 2000 grid sand paper with a bit of water and sand in one uniform direction. I would not use anything less than 2000grid. You need to keep on sanding until you achieve the desired effect. It requires alot of patience.
turok_t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2010, 22:51   #289
Gunny_McSmith
a.k.a. Palucol
 
Gunny_McSmith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: MTL
Quote:
Originally Posted by turok_t View Post
Use 2000 grid sand paper with a bit of water and sand in one uniform direction. I would not use anything less than 2000grid. You need to keep on sanding until you achieve the desired effect. It requires alot of patience.
where can I find 2000 grit sandpaper, or in which department I could find some?...I cant seem to find any....
__________________
Gunny_McSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2010, 23:04   #290
LoneWolf91
 
LoneWolf91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Montreal, QC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palucol View Post
where can I find 2000 grit sandpaper, or in which department I could find some?...I cant seem to find any....
Canadian Tire....Automotive section.
LoneWolf91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2010, 23:13   #291
Gunny_McSmith
a.k.a. Palucol
 
Gunny_McSmith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: MTL
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneWolf91 View Post
Canadian Tire....Automotive section.
ok...Merci! ....I'll go check tmr!
__________________
Gunny_McSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2010, 23:55   #292
turok_t
 
turok_t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palucol View Post
ok...Merci! ....I'll go check tmr!
Yup canadian tire auto section has it. If you can find above 2000 grid, i would suggest getting those too to gradually fine sand your slide. The key ingredient is PATIENCE.. dont rush things... gradually sand it down
turok_t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2010, 00:24   #293
Gunny_McSmith
a.k.a. Palucol
 
Gunny_McSmith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: MTL
Quote:
Originally Posted by turok_t View Post
Yup canadian tire auto section has it. If you can find above 2000 grid, i would suggest getting those too to gradually fine sand your slide. The key ingredient is PATIENCE.. dont rush things... gradually sand it down
and in one direction only.... good ...ill keep that in mind...thx!
__________________
Gunny_McSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2010, 00:28   #294
Slono
Slow mo.
 
Slono's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: GTA
what would you recommend for sanding a barrel? Would you NOT sand it since taking off material would result in barrel wobble?
__________________

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands
in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he
stands at times of challenge and controversy.
- Martin Luther King, Jr.


Slono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2010, 00:33   #295
turok_t
 
turok_t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slono View Post
what would you recommend for sanding a barrel? Would you NOT sand it since taking off material would result in barrel wobble?
You can, but i would only do a light sand or else you will get barrel wobble..
turok_t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2010, 00:38   #296
Slono
Slow mo.
 
Slono's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: GTA
Thanks. I was dumb and sanded my nova barrel down because its milling lines were getting on my nerves. Whenever I cocked my slide it would sound like a DJ mixing vinyls. The light sand I did made it look dull silver and I want it polished like a mirror again.
__________________

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands
in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he
stands at times of challenge and controversy.
- Martin Luther King, Jr.


Slono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2010, 00:54   #297
turok_t
 
turok_t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slono View Post
Thanks. I was dumb and sanded my nova barrel down because its milling lines were getting on my nerves. Whenever I cocked my slide it would sound like a DJ mixing vinyls. The light sand I did made it look dull silver and I want it polished like a mirror again.
What kind of sandpaper did u use? by "kind" i mean grid.

Here is an example of a waterblock i sanded with only 1500-2000grid sandpaper. This is how it looked after it was done.. I only sanded this for 20mins



Now imagine what it would look like if i spent 2 hours with finer sandpaper... Ill leave that to your imagination

Last edited by turok_t; April 3rd, 2010 at 00:58..
turok_t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2010, 05:47   #298
Shirley
A-56 aka Mr.Hitman
 
Shirley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Toronto, ON
You would then need a huge buffer and poilshing compounds.
The faster the buffer is, and the more heat created, the shinier it will be.
__________________

CANADIAN AIRSOFT PRACTICAL SHOOTING (CAPS)
CAPS DIRECTOR # 0047
Shirley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2010, 11:26   #299
Slono
Slow mo.
 
Slono's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: GTA
What kind of huge buffer are you talking about? I sanded mine with 1000 grit, and it was literally a light "scrub" that was about 15 seconds. It looks bad becAuse I sanded in two directions instead if 1, but I think I can correct it because not much material has neem taken off it.
__________________

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands
in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he
stands at times of challenge and controversy.
- Martin Luther King, Jr.


Slono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2010, 11:29   #300
Overkill1369
 
Overkill1369's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: San Diego, CA
Pistol group shots:





Some guns I am working on:







Overkill1369 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop


Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Media

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Airsoft Canada
BuyAirsoft

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:17.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.