Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Starter ICS L85 Carbine

:

Newbie Tank

Old September 10th, 2014, 12:25   #1
TorinoFermic

Starter ICS L85 Carbine

I am very close on setting myself for my first starter gun but i cannot be sure if this gun can take a large battery or a mini type.

I am not sure if this gun trigger switch is resistance to arcing from high voltage LiPo.

Also, i am not sure if the Age Verified Classifields section have used L85s in sale, so i could like to know. Knowing it can make a big difference between losing too much money and being able save up the money on better stuff down the airsoft path.

Thanks for replying it.
TorinoFermic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2014, 14:12   #2
zombiesniper

You'll have to get AV's before anyone will give info on an AV section.

On the L85. Have you handled one? I know some that don't like the feel of it and others that do.
The battery compartment can be a bit tight but most batteries should fit.
If it's lipo ready or not depends on the manufacturer. ICS I believe has proprietary contacts so a mosfet would be advised. Most standard contacts will last a while but eventually they burn out. A micro switch should last longer but with either a MOSFET should be installed.

Last edited by zombiesniper; September 10th, 2014 at 14:28.. Reason: Typo
zombiesniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2014, 15:14   #3
TorinoFermic

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombiesniper View Post
You'll have to get AV's before anyone will give info on an AV section.

On the L85. Have you handled one? I know some that don't like the feel of it and others that do.
Far i can tell, you are not required to also disclose the name of seller, just tell me if there any L85 being sold in Classifields as i am waiting for one of any of 3 age verifiers to reply my PMs.

For the L85, i never tried nor handled it. Since i am new to airsoft, it would go like a new hand to me. I do know the feeling of weight when i carefully looked this picture.
Old September 10th, 2014, 15:26   #4
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

contact testtube for the ottawa area for AV.
Old September 10th, 2014, 15:34   #5
TorinoFermic

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurkingknight View Post
contact testtube for the ottawa area for AV.
He have been contacted the 4th September by PM with details asking him on meeting matters.
Awaiting for him to reply.
And i can wait longer but i don't know if the discount applied on L85 is going last from waiting to be age verified.

Last edited by TorinoFermic; September 10th, 2014 at 15:45..
Old September 10th, 2014, 16:00   #6
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

There are g&g l85s on the used gun section but no ics that I can see in a quick search. For something that has proprietary parts, I would buy new anyways. Never take the risk of having a part that's worn and hard if not impossible to replace.
Old September 10th, 2014, 16:02   #7
TorinoFermic

Quote:
There are g&g l85s on the used gun section but no ics that I can see in a quick search. For something that has proprietary parts, I would buy new anyways. Never take the risk of having a part that's worn and hard if not impossible to replace.
Thank you ! Now, i can go buy the ICS L85 Carbine. I know one thing, owners of ICS L85 wouldnt even dare to sell it.

There still stands the question of battery but they already overpriced in the website i am using. Oh well.
Old September 10th, 2014, 16:06   #8
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

well the problem is that it's a buyer's market, prices for new guns have never been so low so anything used is a tough sell.
Old September 10th, 2014, 16:49   #9
Slodin

since you are not AVed, craigslist and kijiji (whatever name, we don't use it here other than craigslist) has some used stuff...
but to me a lot are really overpriced (in BC anyway..cause local shops can charge up to 50% more than US price..Toronto shops has around 25% more than US)

I buy all my gear from Toronto, I never found anything cheap in BC
Slodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2014, 16:56   #10
TorinoFermic

Quote:
well the problem is that it's a buyer's market, prices for new guns have never been so low so anything used is a tough sell.
I am well aware but if i ever see a used L85, i would buy in heartbeat only after i tried myself the airsoft to see if i would like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slodin View Post
since you are not AVed, craigslist and kijiji (whatever name, we don't use it here other than craigslist) has some used stuff...
but to me a lot are really overpriced (in BC anyway..cause local shops can charge up to 50% more than US price..Toronto shops has around 25% more than US)

I buy all my gear from Toronto, I never found anything cheap in BC
Sure, but time flows and stuff that's good to get might not be good again. This is why, i wanted to be sure with checking something ahead.

Final Decision : Try on a airsoft field and try this hobby-sport and see if i like it or not.
Old September 10th, 2014, 19:44   #11
CDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorinoFermic View Post
I am very close on setting myself for my first starter gun but i cannot be sure if this gun can take a large battery or a mini type.

I am not sure if this gun trigger switch is resistance to arcing from high voltage LiPo.

Also, i am not sure if the Age Verified Classifields section have used L85s in sale, so i could like to know. Knowing it can make a big difference between losing too much money and being able save up the money on better stuff down the airsoft path.

Thanks for replying it.
The battery compartment in the stock hand guard is huge, I've used a 9.6V 5000 mah battery in mine, using a 7.4V lipo is fine but I wouldn't use an 11.1V unless you want to fry the trigger contacts. Been using mine for almost 5 years now and have been very happy with it, very solid.
CDB is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank