Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

any one able to contact Cottoni??

:

General

Old January 23rd, 2011, 21:27   #31
AS92-RD

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaM-Carter,Matt View Post
I learned the best way to wait for your package and reply is to shut the fuck up and quit bitching. It will come not everything goes exactly how you expect it to. Deal with it. I've been down this road before and that is what this community told me to do.
Shut the fuck and quit bitching?

I'm not going to spend hundreds of dollars on an item and then have some asshole take his sweet time to ship it. The only time I have purchased from the Airsoft community was on another board and it was gear from Darklen. probably about $150 total but I'm hesitant to buy from the classifieds because of everyone's attitude of you get your item when you get it. Not when I pay sizable sums of money for it ($300-$1200). I've had EMT's that were practically instant, that means the the product should be shipped next business day and on my door within a reasonable time. If I'm going to be quick and efficient then who the hell are you to take my money and not do the same. Of course I'm not a complete douche, and if there's a problem the very least one can do is tell me about it.
AS92-RD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2011, 22:12   #32
ts10z

I just bought a gun from him last week. Comms were a little slow right up to the moment I sent the EMT, then the gun was in the mail the next day. Up till we set it up it sometimes took a few days or a week to get an answer from him. I asked him , he said its cuz he was working out of town, and I know a little about what thats like. Give him a couple days, he could be out of town again.
ts10z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2011, 22:37   #33
Shrapnel[Op-For]

Not bashing him, but I've had instances where comms took too long, or I would never receive replies back at all. Decided to move onto a different seller/buyer.
Shrapnel[Op-For] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2011, 22:59   #34
sortie39
Banned

actually this happens a lot!
but for some morally-polluted m**f** sellers,they always attribute those communication issues to ur impatience.
Wise the fk up,bastards.

I got my previous crappy G17 shipped after a delay of half a month..
sortie39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2011, 03:32   #35
L473ncy

Seriously this is unacceptable and would never do if this were eBay. I'm sorry but it's true. At best you'd get a neutral for shipping things half a month or a month later.

I've dropped the ball once shipping something, it was like 4 or 5 days delay in shipping (final exams/term projects/term papers and all) so I tossed in a small freebie to the buyer. Probably only worth like 50 cents, but it was a gesture of good will and buyer was happy (especially since they received the item before Christmas). I know 4 or 5 day delay isn't much but I at least kept the buyer in comms (granted I'm only a small time seller) and let him know about the couple of day delay because of needing to finish my work/study and not being able to get to the post office before it closed.
Old January 24th, 2011, 04:15   #36
KSKcarter
a.k.a. NaM-Carter,Matt

Quote:
Originally Posted by AS92-RD View Post
Shut the fuck and quit bitching?

I'm not going to spend hundreds of dollars on an item and then have some asshole take his sweet time to ship it. The only time I have purchased from the Airsoft community was on another board and it was gear from Darklen. probably about $150 total but I'm hesitant to buy from the classifieds because of everyone's attitude of you get your item when you get it. Not when I pay sizable sums of money for it ($300-$1200). I've had EMT's that were practically instant, that means the the product should be shipped next business day and on my door within a reasonable time. If I'm going to be quick and efficient then who the hell are you to take my money and not do the same. Of course I'm not a complete douche, and if there's a problem the very least one can do is tell me about it.
I know thats what I thought to but everyone on here told me to stfu and have patience so I'm just returning to favor to the community. Your package will come I have spent hundred of dollars and had shitty service before but bitching will get us nowhere.
KSKcarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2011, 04:20   #37
Cottoni

Wow, I haven't seen all of this up to now.

First for mrgruber, D-BOMB, and 5kull I have replied to you guys already explaining the situation, and I apologize for the delay. (Note: no business transactions have taken place with any of the aforementioned users, a possible trade was in negotiation with mrgruber, went out of town and had to put the deal on hold, though user didn't have my info to finalize the deal, which is done now)

Shortly after the holidays, I have not been able to promptly reply to some requests, because of job, school, family/new child, and yet another possible residential move, this time to another province, and hence why I have not updated/bumped my sales thread for a few months now and I apologize for those waiting for replies.

However ALL who have actually initiated a transaction/agreement to purchase an item from me, being it a payment received or payment information exchanged must have received a reply from me soon after payment was accepted.
No Exception on this, I always contact the buyer when an actual business transaction occur (transaction/agreement to purchase only takes place when money/item exchange hands between the parts.)

So to Shrike, SHaKaL, AS92-RD, sortie39 and L473ncy no, I don't "cash people's money" and leave them in the dark. Once we have agreed on a sale/payment has been received they usually get a reply within a day if not hours, and I clearly state before receiving payment if I foresee any possible delays with shipment of an item. So please don't make assumptions when you don't know the facts.

Airsoft is NOT my full time job, and I try my best to reply to all PMs, however I received lots of messages an a daily basis, and because of the backlog I currently have I unfortunately have to prioritize replies to those who have already agreed on a sale/payment but I do eventually respond to messages that warrant a reply, and sending a reminder PM few days later or an Email instead helps a lot. (I also receive many PMs inquiring the most basic information that are all clearly stated on my Terms & Conditions and offers and requests I cannot accept, which just further aggravate the backlog)

Wrath144 sorry didn't know you're waiting for my reply, and I was under the impression you're not interested in my trade offer, as you had found a better offer locally otherwise was only looking for cash, no trades, but if that is not the case I will look again in the PMs and get back to you asap.

Again I apologize for the delay in promptly responding to the PMs (will make sure to post possible delays on replies on my sales thread), and if you have an actual business transaction with me you should have received a tracking number or reply already and I expect to be able to get up to date with the messages within the next week, and am also working to have an fully automated shopping cart website, which will greatly help with the back and forth payment messages and inventory management.

Thank you for all the support from ACTUAL customers posted above, and for those who don't currently have any business transaction with me and can't wait for a reply please feel free to contact other retailers.

Cottoni

Last edited by Cottoni; January 24th, 2011 at 05:34..
Cottoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2011, 04:40   #38
L473ncy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cottoni View Post
L473ncy no, I don't "cash people's money" and leave them in the dark. Once we have agreed on a sale/payment has been received they usually get a reply within a day if not hours, and I clearly state before receiving payment if I foresee any possible delays with shipment of an item. So please don't make assumptions when you don't know the facts.
I wasn't saying that you were cashing and running, I was just giving an anecdote as to what I did/do to make things right in a previous transaction.

I also said that I understand you're a retailer so probably get hundreds of messages a day compared to a small time seller like me who might buy/sell 3 or 4 items a year. I also know that I speculated in my above post but given the information from the thread I would say that I would give a neutral rating.

I'm a believer in doing and making things right, I'm a straight talker and direct and don't care for being convoluted or beating around the bush. I hate grade inflation and kids that beg for half a mark more so you can get 99.9% average instead of 99.8% average piss me off (describes a lot of kids from my high school), what you get is what you get (except in some circumstances) and not to be scared of retaliatory feedback.

Anyways, Cottoni I'm sorry if I came across like some insatiable bastard that expects people to be online 24/7 and get back to me right away. But lets just drop this.
Old January 24th, 2011, 07:22   #39
SHaKaL

Send a message via MSN to SHaKaL
Cottoni,

I wasn't talking about you or your business ethic, i should have specified that in my reply.
I was simply responding to NaM-Carter,Matt who was wrong in his response to this thread.

101e 506Pir Fox Company - SHTYK NOZH

Last edited by SHaKaL; January 24th, 2011 at 07:27..
SHaKaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2011, 14:03   #40
KSKcarter
a.k.a. NaM-Carter,Matt

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHaKaL View Post
Cottoni,

I wasn't talking about you or your business ethic, i should have specified that in my reply.
I was simply responding to NaM-Carter,Matt who was wrong in his response to this thread.
I was just telling you guys shit happens, your going to get your package, and I also said that I did business with him one week ago and it was perfect.
KSKcarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2011, 17:46   #41
5kull

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5kull View Post
Same here, waiting on a response, was the same the last time, so waiting patiently Always has great service, except for that.
Here's what I wrote the first time, didn't think it was bad at the time, but after reading all the negativity about other sellers, I can understand it can be interpreted as being a criticism. So let me give it a second try.

This is the third time I do business with Cottony, sometimes it takes a day or two for a response (Weekends, the guy is not a monk). Except for that, this is the best retailer I ever did business with. I recommend him to everyone.

Hope this clears any lingering doubt.

Take care,
5kull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2011, 18:15   #42
Shrike
ASC Philosopher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrike View Post
QFT I agree, you have the time to accept someones money you have the time to send the package. No excuses. (cept maybe death)

I stand by what I said. When I sell something it's out the door in the mail the DAY of the transaction or the day after, no excuses. You have their money they deserve their product. I realize shit sometimes happens but this doesn't seem the case.
Old January 24th, 2011, 19:54   #43
Double Tapper

Send a message via MSN to Double Tapper
Hi Cottini,I sent you an Email a little while ago.When you
get a minute,can you pm me back?I am sure your inbox
is over full.
Old January 24th, 2011, 20:03   #44
Nakes

WOW. This is nuts. Cottoni is an absolutely great ASC Retailer. He's one of the most stand up people on the internet I have EVER dealt with. He goes out of his way to make sure his actual customers questions, needs, and concerns are met.

His amazing service to his customers overshadows somewhat slow comms from time to time by far.
Nakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2011, 20:05   #45
Blacksheep

wow
i bought somthing off cottini ,quick pms back and forth ,shipped right away so........people do have lives other than airsoft even if it is there second bussniess give the guy a break, there are a lot of people on here who say they are going to sell u somthing then get all your info, u sent them the money and bammmmm comunication gone because the guy sold it locally and doesnt have the comon respect to to tell u after waisting your time. At least when u buy from a retailer u will hopfully not get burned(SO far all the ones i have delt with are bang on awsome guys)

sorry hade to say my piece

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General