Parts match-up?

:

Upgrades & Modifications

Old August 18th, 2007, 23:58   #1
shadow_matter

Send a message via MSN to shadow_matter
Parts match-up?

Hey everyone,

I am running a Systema helical gear set and I am looking for a new half-tooth piston. My question is; are there any brands out there that have a reputation to not fit quite right with Systema parts? I have tried a madbull piston and it just doesn't seem to fit together as well as it should. Thank you in advance for any advice.

- Ryan

"I play airsoft, yes yes..."

shadow_matter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2007, 00:12   #2
DarkAngel
* Age Verifier status suspended *

Send a message via MSN to DarkAngel
Systema makes the Half tooth piston specifically for the Helicals. Im using Helicals myself and my main problem is that my Guarder piston doesnt fit properly inside my progear. The Teeth seem to align properly and smoothly in my case. But i am replacing mine with the Systema Helical Piston.
DarkAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2007, 06:02   #3
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer

Just because your gears are helical does NOT mean it requires a half-tooth piston.

The only Systema gear sets that require a half-tooth piston are the ultra torque up and infinity torque up gear sets - both of which happen to be available in the helical format only.

Again, the gear sets that require a half-tooth piston happen to be helical in design, but that does NOT mean all helical gears require a half-tooth piston.

Helical gears mean the teeth are slanted for different engagement angles. The teeth that engage the piston rack are still flat gears, not helical. The reason a half-tooth piston is required has NOTHING to do with the fact that the gear meshing teeth are helical.
ILLusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2007, 06:10   #4
damage

Send a message via Yahoo to damage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkAngel View Post
Systema makes the Half tooth piston specifically for the Helicals. Im using Helicals myself and my main problem is that my Guarder piston doesnt fit properly inside my progear. The Teeth seem to align properly and smoothly in my case. But i am replacing mine with the Systema Helical Piston.
Did not have ay problems with guarder piston in my progear gbox. Guarder blue and grayish piston.
damage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2007, 06:14   #5
damage

Send a message via Yahoo to damage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLusion View Post
Just because your gears are helical does NOT mean it requires a half-tooth piston.

The only Systema gear sets that require a half-tooth piston are the ultra torque up and infinity torque up gear sets - both of which happen to be available in the helical format only.

Again, the gear sets that require a half-tooth piston happen to be helical in design, but that does NOT mean all helical gears require a half-tooth piston.

Helical gears mean the teeth are slanted for different engagement angles. The teeth that engage the piston rack are still flat gears, not helical. The reason a half-tooth piston is required has NOTHING to do with the fact that the gear meshing teeth are helical.
+1

Prom Double Torque Up. Still running strong
damage is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications