Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Anyone still use standard mags?

:

General

Old April 11th, 2010, 20:35   #61
Brian McIlmoyle
8=======D

I run a WE M4 or SCAR,, so no choice but realcap

A lot of new players don't have anything but a highcap.. so we have established a new protocol on Highcap use...( we Meaing some of the longer tenure hosts.) the mag must be detached from the gun to be wound. This promotes realisticish gun down periods while reloading.. and actually takes more time to execute than a straight up mag change.

Also on limited ammo games ... you can only carry one highcap

Some games have strict no highcap mags rules... these generally end up excluding the right players from participation.
Toronto Downtown Age Verifier

OPERATION WOODSMAN

If the tongue could cut as the sword does, the dead would be infinite
Brian McIlmoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2010, 20:41   #62
DarkAngel
* Age Verifier status suspended *

Send a message via MSN to DarkAngel
*nods* Brian does a good job with ammo enforcement at his games.

I dont see alot of hose style shootouts at ammo enforced games. Maybe this is the key?

Certified Sniper Clinic Instructor and Counter Sniper
Sentinel Arms Customs - Specializing In Unique, One of a kind guns
DarkAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2010, 20:42   #63
FOX_111
Le Roi des poissons d'avril

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian McIlmoyle View Post
Also on limited ammo games ... you can only carry one highcap

Some games have strict no highcap mags rules... these generally end up excluding the right players from participation.
This is how my milsims where since day 1. One highcap and infinit lowcaps.

I don't mind people having 10-15 lowcaps. It might be unrealistic, weight wise, but at least, it take a shit load of time to reaload them and they can share them with their squaddy.

In my next rig, I'll probably have 6-8 M4 lowcaps on my vest, and a couple more in a backpack. (for those who know me, yeah, I plan on purchasing an M4.... 7 years of armaliste abstinance... I caved in.)

Vérificateur d'âge: Terrebonne
FOX_111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2010, 20:42   #64
lt_poncho

Send a message via MSN to lt_poncho
Once you try going 33 rounds a mag, you tend not to want to go back to higher loadouts - you get used to knowing about how many rounds you have because the max is always consistent. That way you're not surprised by an empty mag.
Old April 11th, 2010, 20:45   #65
ThunderCactus
Not Eye Safe, Pretty Boy Maximus on the field take his picture!

I hear ya buddy, I carry 16 lowcaps on me, 21 for bigger games.
Heck I'd use realcaps for scrims if people didn't have so many midcaps (and one guy that likes to have a box on his M4...)

But sustainable firepower is key. Most people think LMG's are the scariest thing ever in a firefight because they can just hold down the trigger.... Then they go and get into a firefight with me, and they soon realize a guy that can change mags in less than 2 seconds with an M4 is a LOT like an LMG with a box mag
ThunderCactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2010, 20:45   #66
lt_poncho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brayden View Post
I think Midcaps are fair, and keep things more realistic then lowcaps/realcaps. Were using BBs not bullets. I can see how highcaps can be frustrating though but there is ways to have them play as low/midcaps. I support midcaps as a balance. If we all used lowcaps we would have to either pack a ton of them or play in fields without any brush/ lower all guns fps so we can engage closer.

edit, you also have to remember that sometimes its nice to have a heavy firing round to just fire rope-lines of bbs. How much fun is it to have everyone firing in semi auto watching bbs hitting twigs and deflecting. If your going to fire semi auto get a sniper, makes sense.
Man that's a lot of branches and twigs. Sounds more like a game of pinball.

John Deere much? Thanks for the Sunday humor.
Old April 11th, 2010, 20:47   #67
lt_poncho

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOX_111 View Post
(for those who know me, yeah, I plan on purchasing an M4.... 7 years of armaliste abstinance... I caved in.)
Woah...
Old April 11th, 2010, 21:22   #68
kalnaren

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kokanee View Post
Kalnaren, this problem is easily addressed at the game admin level with a "ammo cap/limit". At games in Ottawa for the LZ, it's usually 300 rounds. Only having that amount of ammo seems to work great for training the "m4 support gunners" you're talking about to start using tactics and only shoot when they can hit their target etc.

If the game admins in your area won't enact ammo limits, attend games with others who will.
Well I know how its easily addressed.. but I'm not the one hosting games .

Moreso I was just wondering if this has become the norm and if I'm the only one who it annoys the shit out of.

Quote:
"Someone in a Prius tried to race me at a stop sign the other day. I couldn't believe it. I had him for the first 100 feet or so but I can only walk so fast."
kalnaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2010, 23:07   #69
Brayden
¡¡¡ɹǝʞɐǝɹq oqɯoɔ-ɔ-ɔ-ɔ

Quote:
Originally Posted by lt_poncho View Post
Man that's a lot of branches and twigs. Sounds more like a game of pinball.

John Deere much? Thanks for the Sunday humor.
maybe you don't have a 'Forest' where you live but its of this land I speak of. Seriously though there's no need to poke fun at this and try to get me angry.
Old April 11th, 2010, 23:15   #70
Strelok

I myself try and keep my magazines below 50 rounds. My AK magazines are all realcaps, and my g36 uses CA 50 rounders. Anything above that just makes things kinda boring when it comes to a firefight.
Strelok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2010, 23:52   #71
fi3re

Send a message via MSN to fi3re
Quote:
Originally Posted by VooDooPeteK View Post
I have 1 high cap, 5 midcaps? (68 round) and 2 low caps (30 rounds)

I use them all depending on the situation
I thought low cap was 68 rounds and mid cap was 100 rounds? only real cap are 30 rounds....correct me if im wrong

Also, I personally think midcaps (100) and highcaps just turn airsoft into paintball...which i HATE. I talked about this kinda thing when i asked about crazy ROF. I think high caps should be banned. When I went to my first game, I dont think high caps were allowed at all which was good.

that being said midcaps are useful in that you can short load them and they will work exactly the same as realcap. just offers flexibility for less serious skirmishes.
fi3re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2010, 00:50   #72
lt_poncho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brayden View Post
maybe you don't have a 'Forest' where you live but its of this land I speak of. Seriously though there's no need to poke fun at this and try to get me angry.
Sorry I knew what you were talking about - I was just dumbfounded by your reasons provided on not using semi auto/lowcaps.

Can't speak for others but in my experience i've seen games *often* get really ugly because the shooter just couldn't hear their target yelling hit as they were being lit up because they 'weren't sure if their shots were penetrating' - add to that the mechanical jack hammer running next to ones ear.

Why let everyone on the field know where and why kind of player you are when you can really just position yourself for a better shot?

I think it comes down to a mindset and one's idea of fun - they don't always match perspectives but that's ok too.

Last edited by lt_poncho; April 12th, 2010 at 00:53..
lt_poncho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2010, 01:57   #73
NoGear
likes being humiliated

i bought midcaps 100rnd but they load about 45-60 wich is low cap 0-0 im pretty content with the results though i figure i run a mag in about 4 min average how long do u guys last with one mag?
NoGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2010, 02:03   #74
kullwarrior

Are real cap 30 or 34? I'm just wondering, like can you get all 30 rounds off without turning upside down.
Old April 12th, 2010, 03:41   #75
Zilgorn_Zeypher

I run 68 Rounders on my G36 with m4 adapter. My loaner guns use highcaps because its just cheaper for that. My Gbb I have the 30rnds
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General