:

General

Closed Thread

Old January 17th, 2009, 19:57   #61
Dracheous
Lego Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panek View Post
Hell to the yeah, the Airsoft Police is in action!

Come on guys, what I wrote was a joke (too obvious, even). But the advice about calling the cops was 100% honest.
Cause everything in life is all a game? Sometimes its just not the right place for it, learn that.

"The hydrogen economy car from the people who brought you the 'Hindenburg'" - Glen Foster

Condoms do not guarantee safe sex any more. A friend of mine wore one and was shot by the woman's husband!
Old January 17th, 2009, 20:24   #62
Ronan
Official Crybaby Chairsofter

So any update from the OP?

I'm hopping this bs was prevented unless it makes the news Sunday after church...
Old January 17th, 2009, 22:24   #63
Rusty_D

At night with black guns with teenagers add in the current gang war going on in Calgary well that's a bad day. I trust that CPS will preform the due diligence that they are demanded to do by the fickle public. Even with him telling CPS doesn't mean they will go oh these guys are 16 it's only airsoft guns. Also there hasn't been any word in any local papers, most of the time its people complying about the roads.
Old January 18th, 2009, 01:01   #64
Huron
GabeGuitarded

This is what makes it difficult for the diligent, obedient minors to be taken seriously. And can give the airsofting community a bad image as a whole. Whether or not ASC does its best to not be associated with an event like this, a large percentage of the public would still just generalize and look down on all airsofters.
Old January 18th, 2009, 16:05   #65
Shrapnel[Op-For]

aren't their better things for 15 year olds to be doing than playing clearsoft in the street?... like trying to get girlfriends? sorry, just an idea.
Old January 18th, 2009, 23:20   #66
Cobrajr122
2 Cent Tactical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronan View Post
So any update from the OP?
I would also like to hear whats happens with this situation.
Old January 19th, 2009, 18:39   #67
doomed marine

nothing in the news in calgary here, so im guessing they either backed out (good) or are still planning for a later date (bad)
Old January 20th, 2009, 14:54   #68
Moderate

Quote:
Originally Posted by doomed marine View Post
nothing in the news in calgary here, so im guessing they either backed out (good) or are still planning for a later date (bad)
Or did it already and nothing happened.
Old January 20th, 2009, 15:12   #69
Brian McIlmoyle
8=======D

Quote:
Originally Posted by GabeGuitarded View Post
This is what makes it difficult for the diligent, obedient minors to be taken seriously. And can give the airsofting community a bad image as a whole. Whether or not ASC does its best to not be associated with an event like this, a large percentage of the public would still just generalize and look down on all airsofters.
Except that the public does not know that there is any such thing as "airsofters" or that there is a "community" at all. You would have to know about something to look down on it.

a bunch of kids getting busted for being stupid... does not make every person who owns an airsoft gun stupid..

It is much more likley to result in people generalizing that most adolecents are stupid.. or at least don't always think things through.. which would be 100% accurate.
Toronto Downtown Age Verifier

OPERATION WOODSMAN

If the tongue could cut as the sword does, the dead would be infinite
Old January 20th, 2009, 18:05   #70
Jayhad

I don't know if this was said as I don't want to read 5+ pages of "call the cops" but you may also want to introduce yourself to one of the JOC Admins (you can PM me and I can meet you at LT one night or something else) and tell one of us of this in person and get yourself in the clear. I can pretty much guarentee your buddies will never play with JOC, if they go through with this idea.... I don't think you want to be put in the same light as your friends when the community is already really hard on the underagers..... It is a very mature thing you are doing, looking for help.

it is 100% against the law to discharge airguns with in Calgary City limits.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kos View Post
I swear, I didn't find out about it till I got home from bangin' little miss rotten-crotch!
Old January 20th, 2009, 18:17   #71
Astros

Update

So basically what happened was i called the cops and told them what was happening, and then the next day one of my friends saw this thread and told everybody. They got scared and they cancelled the airsoft fight. So i had to call the cops again to say that it was cancelled and they told me to inform them when it might happen again.

So there will be no news report on a kid getting shot with a airsoft gun, but the same thing could happen again, because nothing really happened this time.

Last edited by Astros; January 20th, 2009 at 18:22..
Old January 20th, 2009, 18:26   #72
DENZILDON

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astros View Post
So basically what happened was i called the cops and told them what was happening, and then the next day one of my friends saw this thread and told everybody. They got scared and they cancelled the airsoft fight. So i had to call the cops again to say that it was cancelled and they told me to inform them when it might happen again.

So there will be no news report on a kid getting shot with a airsoft gun, but the same thing could happen again, because nothing really happened this time.
Good job for standing up to your friends and seeing that it may cause them injury.

If you ever decide playing airsoft and your at the right age. Sign up at JOC as Jayhad said. We will be happy playing with you.
Old January 20th, 2009, 18:41   #73
Astros

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENZILDON View Post
Good job for standing up to your friends and seeing that it may cause them injury.

If you ever decide playing airsoft and your at the right age. Sign up at JOC as Jayhad said. We will be happy playing with you.
Ive still got a year to go, but when im 16 ill definitely play with you guys
Old January 29th, 2009, 03:47   #74
CharlieNovember

Go to Google, look up "headshot gore" in the Images section, with Safesearch Off, save a few of these pictures, and send them to your friends. Don't forget to say:
"This will be you you dumb fucking prick, if somebody calls the police and you're holding that gun. And with your dumbfuck knowledge of firearm safety, you'll probably be holding the trigger with your hands (and gun) up."
That's what I had to do to one of my buddies and he actually didn't follow through with the street-war.
I'm underage, it sucks not being able to play anywhere, but warn those guys, because I WANT TO BE ABLE TO PLAY WHEN I'M 18. Jesus.

Old January 29th, 2009, 03:48   #75
CharlieNovember

Oh you did already, nice.
Well done, man.
You might've saved their lives. They owe you $$$.

Closed ThreadTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General