Price is back up a little. $69
Bigload is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2015, 20:23   #197
chaz

Looking forward to beating the shit out of mine this season
chaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2015, 22:33   #198
badrelko

Got these and have been wearing them for about 3 weeks now in the snow and to work a few times and they are pretty comfy you definitely need to order a size up which I thankfully did. They are really well ventilated and walking through wet snow they haven't let much water in yet. I also find that the design on them looks a little like a running shoe but maybe that's just me lol

badrelko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2015, 09:27   #199
BioRage

Send a message via Skype™ to BioRage
Been beating these daily since January Wearing them to work, airsoft, everything.

Puddles, snow, salt.

No signs of wear yet!
BioRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2015, 13:22   #200
Cliffradical
butthurt for not having a user title

Mine too, I've been working in them as well. I'm glad I bought two!
I should have bought four.
Cliffradical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2015, 13:34   #201
RainyEyes

Noob here.

Every time i put these on i have to spend like 10 minutes putting them on and lacing them. Same thing with taking them off. Is there any trick to wearing them?
RainyEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2015, 13:35   #202
BioRage

Send a message via Skype™ to BioRage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainyEyes View Post
Noob here.

Every time i put these on i have to spend like 10 minutes putting them on and lacing them. Same thing with taking them off. Is there any trick to wearing them?
No, that's my only gripe about these boots. I don't really put them on "SUPER tight" unless I'm walking for a long time, or having an airsoft game. Not good for your ankles, but typically I'm: Home -> Car -> Work -> Change to dress shoes.

Else I keep the middle part semi loose, so when I untie, I just stretch the walls and have loose, then I can slip them off easier.
BioRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2015, 13:44   #203
DipTwit

This might seem simplistic, but I tie a knot in the ends of the laces, so when I take them off I can pull everything loose but the laces don't come out of the holes. Way faster to put them back on without having to thread them through the holes again.
DipTwit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2015, 14:16   #204
siggypoo

Great boots. Cheap!

That's a decent idea, and one I'll try. Has anyone tried those lace-in zippers? I've been curious about how well they work. What I usually do is just lace and tie normally, unless I'm doing something strenuous, like working all day or when I eventually game. On those occasions I knot them super tight, and cut them out later.

Last edited by siggypoo; March 11th, 2015 at 14:20..
siggypoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2015, 14:46   #205
Datawraith

There's a reason some LEO and armed forces guys don't like sidezip boots; although they are easier and faster at putting on and taking off, the zippers and the seams are often points of failure, especially if you run them hard.
The thing you put up, that zipper will be really really hard to zip up again if your laces are tight, and might break the zipper. If the zipper is relatively easy to zip up, then your laces are too loose for proper support. So... that makes it kind of useless imo.
Datawraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2015, 17:09   #206
Cliffradical
butthurt for not having a user title

I haven't really been a fan of beetle boots any time I've used them. Too much hassle. Cleaning and maintaining those zippers is a pain in the ass, and unless they're of really good initial quality, they'll end up failing pretty badly.
Add-in zips seem even more suspect to me, because aside from the above reasons, if they're not set in the boot *perfectly*, they'll fail extra badly. Anyone who's done a shitty zipper installation, had one done, or has owned a shitty jacket, can imagine why.

If you're having a hard time getting into/ out of/ fitting these boots generally, you probably have them laced/ tightened incorrectly.
Jump boots, Jungle boots, (most) Desert boots, and (some) other lightweight boots want to lace and tighten differently from other, older, rigid leather Cavalry/ Combat boots, and heavy work boots.
Different types of footwear are entirely different tools for different situations, and while many will share uses and traits across types, none of them are equivalent or catch-all.

I've put together a little guide for lacing these particular boots, which will work for many other lightweight combats.

https://imgur.com/a/EJmj6

This was done with the stock lacing scheme the boots came with. They seem well-designed in this regard, as once you've got the foot laced correctly, you can pretty much pull from the top to tighten the leg back up without having to follow the ladder all the way up. Ditto for removal.
If you have these set correctly you should only be having to deal with the leg when they're coming off/ going on.

If you still think it's a pain, you probably hate wearing boots, and you should break them in, and then put them away until you'll wear them all day (airsoft or whatever).
These are nice kit and they should be able to last a reasonably caring owner several seasons.

Edit: Sorry for the mediocre phone pictures, and yes, I'm aware that my jeans are bleeding.

Last edited by Cliffradical; March 11th, 2015 at 17:13..
Cliffradical is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Gear Discussion