Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Reviews
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Army MEU ( R27 ) Review & Compatibility Report

:

Reviews

Old May 17th, 2010, 21:20   #31
juicy

Even when dry firing? Like don't load up any BB's, and gas up your mag until it starts to spill. Insert mag, rack the slide, pull trigger. Your hammer should fully cock. Ideally, your slide should be locked to the rear. If your hammer isn't fully cocked, that's the source of your problem.
juicy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2010, 21:40   #32
Coresair

My hammer stays cocked the whole time, all the way I guess. But when I empty the mag the slide doesn't lock, it does seem to go all the way to the back of the gun when firing. I just thought it would be the slide not cycling far enough, but even racking it manualy doesn't do it. I'll try to find some info on that!

Last edited by Coresair; May 17th, 2010 at 21:53..
Coresair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2010, 22:12   #33
Coresair

I know what it is.

Could anybody who own this gun post a picture of their slide catch please? I want to see if mine has really something wrong with it : I think the notch that is supposed to catch on the empty mag's follower is a bit short as it does not really "lift" when I insert the empty mag in with the slide on.

I found this by loading an empty mag with the slide being off the gun, there's is not alot of space for that thing to catch the follower.
Old May 23rd, 2010, 12:58   #34
Ross

I have this gun. I've had it for a few months. The black paint is starting to yellow on the barrel. I'm thinking of sanding it and painting it.
Ross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2010, 13:26   #35
KND
* AV revoked *

You should do something like that, I did on the first day I got it. Look good so far and Yes, Army MEU magazines is very suck, I broke my fill valve on the first but find a solution to fix those and currently it's only last for 15 BBs. 3 TM 1911 magazines is on the way. I will report those since a lots of people only buy TM MEU magazines but since I don't like the bumper and shiny in my pouch so I stick to 1911 magazines. So far so good, I will try to replace all internal once I got enough time and money but since nothing since to wear down so far, I would keep it stock but once thing, I would replace right away is the thumb safety on both side. It's very crappy and only hole buy a piece of metal stick in the middle.

[img]
[/img]

Last edited by KND; May 23rd, 2010 at 13:28..
KND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2010, 20:00   #36
juicy

Good call on the thumb safety, KND. It does wobble like a mofo right out of the box (and it only gets worse.. up to a point). I personally don't shoot offhand with my MEU too much, so I never bothered to think about that... but hell, if wobbles aren't your thing (they're not mine, that's for sure), replace it.
Old May 27th, 2010, 21:37   #37
juicy

Guarder barrel bushing arrived today - it was a drop in fit, surprisingly. I would hate to see what would happen if you tried to fit one of those in a TM though... yikes.
Old June 30th, 2010, 11:38   #38
Coresair

Necro!

Well, it was my fourth time fielding my MEU yesterday (still all stock except for my two trustworthy TM mags) and even though I know I have to start modding it one thing still really aggravates me : the #*!?ing gas comsuption issue!

Is there anyway this can be helped? Lighter slide? Changing the valves, etc. ?

I'll start soon enough to change the basic stuff, then i'll add my own updates if Juicy doesn't mind.
Old June 30th, 2010, 16:45   #39
juicy

Np. What are you talking about in terms of gas consumption? I've been fielding mine a whole bunch with TM mags and have been getting off a mag and a bit easily per gas fill in 15-20 degree weather. Might be differences in your recoil spring from mine? I'm honestly thinking about getting a stiffer recoil spring in mine... it's all flaccid right now and kinda putt-putts around in terms of snappiness of the recoil.

Oh, and the Army brand mag follower? Yeah, the nub that pushes up on the slide stop has almost worn down to nothing - this is with minimal usage as I just had a TM fill valve lying around that I popped in there for kicks, 2 weeks ago.
Old July 1st, 2010, 14:33   #40
Coresair

Quote:
Originally Posted by juicy View Post
Np. What are you talking about in terms of gas consumption? I've been fielding mine a whole bunch with TM mags and have been getting off a mag and a bit easily per gas fill in 15-20 degree weather. Might be differences in your recoil spring from mine? I'm honestly thinking about getting a stiffer recoil spring in mine... it's all flaccid right now and kinda putt-putts around in terms of snappiness of the recoil.

Oh, and the Army brand mag follower? Yeah, the nub that pushes up on the slide stop has almost worn down to nothing - this is with minimal usage as I just had a TM fill valve lying around that I popped in there for kicks, 2 weeks ago.
I fill my TMs for 4-5 seconds, and I always have a few bbs (varying from 2-5) still in the mag with no gas left.
Old July 19th, 2010, 22:53   #41
Aegiis
Sgt. Pitbull

Update : Replaced the original fill valve with a short Madbull. Works fine now !

www.anvairsoft.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5kull View Post
Aegiis ?* raison
Aegiis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2010, 11:15   #42
dpvu

Send a message via MSN to dpvu
Does anyone know what slide stops will work? Mine broke and I ordered a guarder one and it's a bit too long and the pin that engages the magazine so it locks after the last round is too short so it never locks on the last BB.
Old September 22nd, 2010, 21:11   #43
Coresair

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpvu View Post
Does anyone know what slide stops will work? Mine broke and I ordered a guarder one and it's a bit too long and the pin that engages the magazine so it locks after the last round is too short so it never locks on the last BB.
I had the same exact problem, mine is kind of "barely holding" right now

you bought that one?

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/guarder-s...meu-black.html
Old September 23rd, 2010, 04:30   #44
juicy

Try a TM one? If a TM fits, pretty much any aftermarket except for Guarder will probably fit. That being said, the Guarder barrel bushing fit, whereas the TM didn't - so who knows.

I'll experiment with that on the weekend - will try to post up results Friday, if not, Monday.
Old October 23rd, 2010, 00:45   #45
Ross

I'm having trouble removing the inner barrel and hop up adjust piece from the silver outer barrel. There just doesn't seem like a way to get it out. Can anyone help?
Ross is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Reviews