Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

KJW KP06 magazine help

:

Doctor's Corner

Old November 19th, 2014, 14:19   #16
p0nch3

I think I found something I might look into. While googling some stuff for this i came across this filipino Airsoft post. http://www.filairsoft.com/forum/show...em-help-please!
From this, I noticed my valve knocker is a little wobbly in the pistol which might explain why it might not be engaging the valve without the opposing force from pushing up on it. May try the nut thing, but I have a feeling a beefier valve knocker might do it
p0nch3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2014, 14:40   #17
Styrak

Send a message via MSN to Styrak
You mean valve knocker spring?

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services
Styrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2014, 15:36   #18
p0nch3

Well if that is what fixes it. Not sure what is that determines the force of the knocker. From the position of the knocker on the valve, I feel like it's not in a good enough position to press it forcibly enough. Correct me if I'm wrong. I'm just really bent on fixing this because I love the pistol too much
Old November 19th, 2014, 18:01   #19
_Whiskey_

LaZouche Custom airsoft new strip down of TM MEU 1911. - YouTube

Check this playlist for the 1911 takedown and reassemble. This guy has some tips and tricks for troubleshooting a 1911 it is a meu however on his channel somewhere he has 1 for the highcapa based pistols. I used this to do work on my meu. Hopefully after watching this you may have some more insight into the problem.

P.S

he does do a section on the takedown vid about the 3 finger spring and the sear that may help you.

Cheers,

Whiskey
_Whiskey_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20th, 2014, 01:35   #20
Styrak

Quote:
Originally Posted by p0nch3 View Post
Well if that is what fixes it. Not sure what is that determines the force of the knocker. From the position of the knocker on the valve, I feel like it's not in a good enough position to press it forcibly enough. Correct me if I'm wrong. I'm just really bent on fixing this because I love the pistol too much
If the knocker isn't being forced to it's lower-most (downward) position in the knocker window, you're going to have issues. That's the valve knocker spring's job (to pull down on it). \
The force of the hit comes from your hammer spring in the grip.
If your knocker is wobbly up and down, your knocker spring is probably broken.

Old November 20th, 2014, 15:47   #21
p0nch3

Okay so I think I figured out what's happening, based off what was said in that other forum post (adding the nut and all) and based on having to push up on the magazine.

So I had actually taken apart the pistol and looking and the knocker I noticed this

The knocker itself can float up a bit in it's channel. So my theory is that with the mag in, it can sometimes float to above the valve release which in its position in the first picture, it does that when I put the magazine with it

Either that or some kind of pistol gremlin is doing it. This would make sense with the nut thing if it means the valve release has a bigger area to be pressed. But then again I could just be completely off and dont know what I'm talking about
Old November 20th, 2014, 16:38   #22
Styrak

When it's cocked it shouldn't matter, it will retract back into the housing/window and get behind the valve. Cock the valve knocker and take another picture, and check if it moves a lot or if it's mostly pointing downwards.

Old November 20th, 2014, 21:39   #23
p0nch3

Here it is cocked

It doesn't move so much unless I put a bit of force. But I mean with the sound it makes as I'm firing, it does sound like the valve stops getting hit and there's not a lot of gas getting released. I can do better video of the issue if it'll help things along

UPDATE: I don't know what did it but after putting it back together, it wasn't doing it anymore. I'll have to check tomorrow seeing as how it's late and the family doesn't appreciate the gas smell

Last edited by p0nch3; November 20th, 2014 at 22:47..
Old November 22nd, 2014, 00:07   #24
Styrak

It's possible the knocker was stuck somehow or the spring wasn't positioned right.

Old November 22nd, 2014, 00:15   #25
p0nch3

Maybe. After going through a few shots in each mag (too lazy to get a new can of propane) I had no problems. So I'm gonna to do a stress test tomorrow using fully loaded mags and see how it goes
Old March 12th, 2015, 20:56   #26
p0nch3

So I decided to look back at this and the common thing is that the knocker doesn't properly hit the valve release without the upward pressure. I lurked around and managed to find someone on the philippines airsoft get suggest putting a nut on the valve release like in the article below

http://www.filairsoft.com/forum/show...em-help-please!

Anyone have experience with sticking a nut on the valve releases (size and what not) before I head to a hardware store with a mag in hand?
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner