Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Custom Echo1 ER25K

:

Upgrades & Modifications

Old August 19th, 2011, 01:16   #1
Jughead

Custom Echo1 ER25K

I have started this thread, as their is not a whole lot of information about the ER25K on the web. ( or I really need to learn a new way to search the web )

I recently purchased a ER25 and like all my other guns I break it down immidiatly and start to rebuild.

Echo1 ER25K INTERNALS:The internals are compatible with most ver2/ver3 parts, which is a relief as most SR25's have an elongated gear box and custom parts, which can be hard to find when you are trying to upgrade or replace warn or broken pieces.

GearBox- Echo1 ER25 Custom
Gears- V2
Cylinder- V2
Cylinder Head- Echo1 ER25 Custom
Piston- V2
Piston Head- V2
Tappet Plate- Echo1 ER25 Custom
Nozzle- G36 Nozzle, may require slight modification (Easily shortened by filing)
Hop Up syatem- V2
Motor- Long type (V2)
Airsoft Evike.com- ECHO 1 ER 25K Full Metal Body & +400 FPS out of the box! - YouTube

Echo1 ER25K Magazine Compatibility

This is the true reason I had started this informational thread. The ER25 comes with a highcap magazine, which does not quite suit my style of play. Everywhere I looked, I could not find compatible magazines that come in low or even midcaps, that would work with the ER25.

So... I made my own.
I had purchased 5x MAGPUL PTS 140rd PMAG™ 20LR (7.62) for SR25/XM110, in hopes that they are close enough to the size I required and with a material that can be manipulated to fit the magwell of the ER25.

Once I had received the mags I attempted to fit the mag into the receiver of the gun. The fit was so tight that even if I were to attept to hammer the mag into place, it would not go.

The following are the steps taken to modify the PMag to fit the ER25.

1st- You need to remove the stablizing bars from the front and back of the magwell. I use a fine toothed file, as it takes little by little and leaves a smooth finish... This job should not be rushed.

2nd- You will need to file down the height of the mag, both front and back. Take your time and test the fit of the mag, ever so often, as you will want a nice snug fit.

(The picture on the left is the mag as is from the store)

I found the perfect amount of material to take of the front of the mag, was the thickness of my MASTERCRAFT file.. Make certain you take the measurments from the highcap, you only take off the amount required to fit into the magwell and not too much, as you will not line up pproperly with the hop up.

Other mods that I have made to this gun include:

Tighbore barrel (M4-M16)
Hop up and nub mod
ACSU - Airsoft Smart Control Unit
Lipo 11.1
Modify 0 Type Cylinder
New Tourque Motor
Full Stock with QD sling attachements
Magpul Miad Pistol Grip
Painted

En Route-
Harris Bipod and 20mm mount
Dual QD scope mount as found on Issued M110's
Leupold replica scope with illumination

As stated before, this quick info post is meant for all the other Echo1 ER25, players out their that have given up on looking for information on the net..

I have also read that G&P midcaps might fit the ER25, but are very hard to locate and purchase (at this current time)... This might be the only way to have midcaps for this rifle?!?

Cheers,

Wes

Last edited by Jughead; November 11th, 2012 at 11:53..
Jughead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2011, 01:16   #2
Jughead

M110 sass
This is my custom M110 Semi-Automatic Sniper System (SASS)

I have built this gun from a Echo1 ER25K

Internal upgrades include:
ASCU - So that I can run the gun in semi auto only and do not have to worry about the gearbox locking up. The gun is Mechanically built so that it can not be switched to full auto.
MA G36 Aluminum Nozzle - This nozzle surprisingly keeps 100% air seal at its furthest point on the cylinder head.
SHS HighTorque/Speed Motor (Black/Red) - Performs better than my Systema Magnums.
Stainless Cylinder
Madbull Spring guide
Modify Piston
MA Silent Piston head
Sorbo pad
Modify accurate Hop up chamber (machined to increase accuracy)
Modify precision 6.01 Hybrid inner barrel
Modify Hop up sleeve

I have re-tapped the gear box and added stainless screws, creating a tighter fitting gearbox.
I have shimmed the gearbox and the upper receiver, so that their is no play and increased accuracy.

The guns currently shoots 330FPS on .30's and very consistent.

External Accessories:
Full stock - Insulated to reduce noise
Magpul Pistol Grip
Replica Leopold Illuminated scope
One piece scope mount (In Newer Photo)
Harris BiPod
SPR outter barrel ( Someone stole my silencer at a game, from the admins vehicle) I had to machine new holes for the Gas Block and fill in the old ones.
PMags - I have machined the mag well and filed down the mags, so that the mags feed perfectly and I dont have to use Highcaps. The Echo1 is made only to use Highcap magazines.
Drill and tapped barrel stiffeners, into the rail system.
Painted - Snake skin

Newer Photo:

Older Photo:

I am currently waiting for a shipment of hop up sleeves, once they are in I will post up an accuracy video and show how silent the gun is.

cheers,
Wes

Last edited by Jughead; November 11th, 2012 at 11:46.. Reason: Update
Old January 1st, 2012, 23:43   #3
MMatersk

Great Review! Now the question is where do I get one and how much . Alsoif you read this in time someone is selling 5x G&P mid caps in classifieds

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bad-K...8&ref=bookmark
MMatersk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2012, 11:48   #4
Jughead

Updated the second post, for those that are interested in the ER25K.
A video will be posted as soon as possible of the guns performance.

cheers,

Wes
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications