Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Questions about AEG availability

:

Newbie Tank

Old February 16th, 2010, 00:46   #1
MackHart

Questions about AEG availability

HI, my names Mackenzie Hart I'm 17 and will be turning 18 in a couple of months. I have some questions about gun variations available in Canada. First of all I understand that I will have to wait till I’m 18 and get age verified to get an AEG. But there are some things I would like to know beforehand if possible. Is there some G3 and M14 AEG variations floating around Canada and in particular Edmonton? Is there a specific price I would be looking to pay for one? Are these variations hard to repair if they need it (are parts easy to find in Canada). Are they beginner friendly? I have done some research on both the variations. The thing is research is useless in less there are some in Canada that people are selling. If you could give me an answer that would be great
(Please note I am new and I would only like constructive criticism I do not wait any derogatory comments.)
MackHart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2010, 00:49   #2
cerealmaniac

Send a message via MSN to cerealmaniac
theres a G3 for sale right now on the edmonton airsoft forums. expect to spend around $500. parts wise you'll be able to order almost everything (cept the receiver) overseas. Good Luck

飛虎隊
NEED ANY OLD/USED AK/MP5 PARTS!PM ME!
Sales Thread Click Me
AEG sales thread
cerealmaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2010, 00:51   #3
R.I.T.Z
Crackers

A G3 is a rare gun and is difficult to find, i suggest that you check the classifieds as for price range any guns that you may have seen on out of country websites you can expect a 2-3x jump especially on name brands such as TM, CA, G&P and the like.
M14's go TM or go home and your looking at a rough price range of 400$+
R.I.T.Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2010, 00:57   #4
pusangani
Official ASC "Dumb Ass"

yes they are all available here, for higher prices than in usa etc. (2-2.5x) and they will still be there in a couple months

keep reading and start saving
Old February 16th, 2010, 01:50   #5
cerealmaniac

Send a message via MSN to cerealmaniac
i'd say the prices of AEG's went down substantially.u can get a decent FMU gun now for around $500. which is impossible 1-2 years ago.

飛虎隊
NEED ANY OLD/USED AK/MP5 PARTS!PM ME!
Sales Thread Click Me
AEG sales thread
cerealmaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2010, 04:43   #6
Rock 'N' Roll Outlaw

Location: Mississauga, ON -- The Brotherhood Of Eternal Sleep
Quote:
Originally Posted by R.I.T.Z View Post
A G3 is a rare gun and is difficult to find, i suggest that you check the classifieds as for price range any guns that you may have seen on out of country websites you can expect a 2-3x jump especially on name brands such as TM, CA, G&P and the like.
M14's go TM or go home and your looking at a rough price range of 400$+
$400 for an M14? If anyone finds one for that price then either its gonna sell amazingly fast and the seller just needs whatever they can get for it, or its broken. Try $600+. The M14 I have is valued at about $1000 with a complete overhaul of internals by high-end companies (Systema, Prometheus) installed by a reputable gun doc and a bunch of mags.

To answers the OPs initial question: You can get almost any gun you want with enough time and money. As has been stated, start saving now. Reviews are always useful (when taken with a grain of salt of course) so don't stop that. Try to read and learn as much as you can now until you turn 18 so that once you start buying guns you will know what your getting yourself into. You can start buying gear (vests, accessories for the gun, batteries, chargers, boots, etc...) if you wish now as theres no restrictions on those. You can also try and contact some hosts for games in your area to see if you can attend events as a spectator. While your there you can ask anything you wish (as advice in person as always better than online) from experienced players, you can ask to hold and shoot peoples guns so you can see what the ballistics or airsoft are like and be able to see how gaming is done in your area and whats expected of players as they will be your community once you turn of age.

From the sounds of your post it sounds like you have a good head on your shoulders (you know how to spell and form a proper sentence) and aren't afraid of doing your own research. Whenever you have a question always remember that trying Google and the search bar for this site are always the first step to do. Whatever question you may have, chances are its already been asked and answered. Read all the stickies in each forum (Newbie Tank, FAQ and General sections are great starting points) and if you have trouble finding the answer on your own then go ahead and start a new thread. We just look down upon people who are lazy and choose to be spoonfed by the members here. I don't think that will be an issue with you though.

Welcome to ASC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pliskin View Post
This is the equivalent to knocking on deaths door and blowing his head off with a shotgun.
Rock 'N' Roll Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2010, 11:18   #7
L473ncy

I believe there was a fixer G3 (in very used condition) for sale for like $350 but I'm not sure if it's available any more. I highly suggest you go to your first newbie day and rent before thinking of gear to get.

M14 is somewhat harder to repair because of the V7 gearbox but I've heard you have a great gundoc in Edmonton (Sam) so let the gundoc do the work for you and maybe see if you can hang around and pick up a few tricks.
Old February 16th, 2010, 11:37   #8
Sha Do

Dude, the version 7 mech box is sooooo easy to work on (compared to a version 2). The problem is all the different external "do da's" that differ from manufacturer to manufacturer, as well as knowing that only the nozzle for a D-Boyz has to be a D-boyz nozzle. Gotta hate clones. All other "regular" brands of the M14 are awesome!!!

SHA DO
Sha Do is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2010, 20:30   #9
MackHart

I have been looking at the JG T3-K1 (G3 SG1), and I was wondering if it is possible to get a brand new one in Canada? If so what is the price on one?
MackHart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2010, 20:41   #10
MoreToasties
Art affectionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by MackHart View Post
I have been looking at the JG T3-K1 (G3 SG1), and I was wondering if it is possible to get a brand new one in Canada? If so what is the price on one?
It's possible, yes; custom orders can be done by specific retailers (I can't tell you their names offhand, as I am not AVed, I deal locally for the time being.) The price is constantly changing, though, so figure 2x-2.5x whatever you see on a site like RedWolf.

MoreToasties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2010, 20:45   #11
kalnaren

Quote:
A G3 is a rare gun and is difficult to find
Seriously? What are you smoking. There's always G3's for sale in the classifieds. Usually of the SG1 varient.

Quote:
"Someone in a Prius tried to race me at a stop sign the other day. I couldn't believe it. I had him for the first 100 feet or so but I can only walk so fast."
kalnaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2010, 20:47   #12
R.I.T.Z
Crackers

hey guess what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MackHart View Post
short answer yes, your answer no. you will not be able to get one unless your age verified. Airsoft is a 18+ sport
Sniping is not for newbies
If you are underage please do not try to circumvent the system in place, its there for a reason.
Nobody will help you get a gun if you are not age verified or underage
Do not play in your backyard/forest or anything of the like. Only play on official fields.
Please read the FAQ’s

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalnaren View Post
Seriously? What are you smoking. There's always G3's for sale in the classifieds. Usually of the SG1 varient.
theres been like 4 i'd call that rare, considering the constant influx of G36's MP5's M4's AK's and such

Last edited by R.I.T.Z; February 28th, 2010 at 20:50..
R.I.T.Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2010, 21:10   #13
kalnaren

Quote:
theres been like 4 i'd call that rare, considering the constant influx of G36's MP5's M4's AK's and such
EVERYTHING is rare compared to M4s, AK's, and MP5's. There's always a G3 or 2 (or 3 or 4) for sale in the classifieds.

Quote:
"Someone in a Prius tried to race me at a stop sign the other day. I couldn't believe it. I had him for the first 100 feet or so but I can only walk so fast."
kalnaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2010, 21:17   #14
Donster

if you want a DMR gun, the M14 is your best bet. Its gearbox is of a sounder design.
If you want a M14, get TM. If you want a G3, get CA. Simple as that. Between the two, in terms of performance, the M14 is superior.

M14 will run you $700-$800 for a stock brand new one. Worth it? Definitely! Stock, you will outrange most stock AEGs and will have superior accuracy to them as well. Upgraded, the sky is the limit, with near Bolt Action performance potential.

Personally, i would get the M14.
Donster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2010, 21:27   #15
Shooting Addict
* KNOWN LIAR *

Classic army G3 variants will be avilible full black and metal to anybody over 18 via Mach1 and other selected retailers http://www.mach1airsoft.com/web/catalog.php?cat=25 they shouldn't be more then 550-600 when they go up for sale.
You can tell a person over and over that 4 + 5 = 9 and show them the mechanics of how addition works, but at the end of the day when you look into their eyes you know damn well that in their heads they still see 4 + 5 = pineapple.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson View Post
Harden the fuck up, you liberal pussies.
Shooting Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank