Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Spring question please help

:

Upgrades & Modifications

Old October 2nd, 2011, 12:58   #1
TotoHurteau

Exclamation Spring question please help

Hey Guys i have a G&G GR16 R4 Commando and ive chrono it and it shoots 330 fps with .20 bb and 285 fps with .25 bb and i want it to shoot 400 fps with .20 because this is the limit at our outdoor field. So what spring should i put in my gun because every brand seem to say something different like the SYSTEMA 120S spring says it gunna upgrade too 300-400 range wich is a pretty big range and the Modify S110 AEG Upgrade Spring says 400 FPS so 110 or 120?

Salut les gars j'ai un G&G GR16 r4 Commando et jai passer le chrono a 330 fps avec des .20 et 285 fps avec des .25. Je voudrait que mon gun tire a 400 fps avec des .20 parce que ces la limite du terrain ou je joue. Alors quel spring devrais-je mettre parce que toute les marque semblent dire des infos differente comme un m120s de systema dit que sa memeneras entre 300-400 et le Modify S110 dit qui me donneras 400fps alors ?
TotoHurteau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2011, 13:47   #2
Ricochet
How much sand CAN you fit in your vagina!?

We've had luck with high end m130's shooting in that range. A few have shot slightly over 400fps though. It depends on your guns airseal, and bore. They will also play a factor. Luckily, springs aren't expensive.
Old October 2nd, 2011, 14:15   #3
Strelok

Keep in mind, 400 is a limit. Not a goal.

Adding more velocity to your gun isn't going to make it magically better. You're going to have to upgrade a variety of more parts to get it shooting reliably at that velocity.

But again, its a limit. The faster the gun shoots, the more dangerous it can be. I would settle in around 350 - 370 at most, as thats what I have most of my AEG's shooting at currently.
Strelok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2011, 14:54   #4
Kos-Mos

Si ton M4 est upgrade au complet (tete de cylindre, tete de piston, guide bearing, nozzle seal, tightbore), un Modify M110 va te donner environ 375-380.

Si tu changes seulement le spring pour avoir plus de puissance, attends-toi a briser autre chose. Dans ce cas, ton arme fuit de l'air de partout, donc un spring plus fort (Modify M120) va te donner a peut pret la meme puissance.

Tu as un cannon de 509mm. Si il est en bon etat, ca va te donner un petit 10fps de plus que la "moyenne". A ta place, j'irais avec le M110.

Oublie pas que 400fps c'est la limite. 401fps et tu retournes chez vous.
En portee reele, il n'y a pas de difference entre 380 et 400. C'est pas plus precis et ca tire pas plus loin.
Kos-Mos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2011, 14:58   #5
Ricochet
How much sand CAN you fit in your vagina!?

Strelok is right. Try upgrading parts to increase reliability, BB spin, accuracy, and airseal first. You can then up your spring. An increase in fps doesn't always improve range or accuracy. Plus a stronger spring may put stress on stock parts.
Old October 2nd, 2011, 15:23   #6
TotoHurteau

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kos-Mos View Post
Si ton M4 est upgrade au complet (tete de cylindre, tete de piston, guide bearing, nozzle seal, tightbore), un Modify M110 va te donner environ 375-380.

Si tu changes seulement le spring pour avoir plus de puissance, attends-toi a briser autre chose. Dans ce cas, ton arme fuit de l'air de partout, donc un spring plus fort (Modify M120) va te donner a peut pret la meme puissance.

Tu as un cannon de 509mm. Si il est en bon etat, ca va te donner un petit 10fps de plus que la "moyenne". A ta place, j'irais avec le M110.

Oublie pas que 400fps c'est la limite. 401fps et tu retournes chez vous.
En portee reele, il n'y a pas de difference entre 380 et 400. C'est pas plus precis et ca tire pas plus loin.
Alors si jachete le Modify M110 quoi d'autre devrais-je changer pour pas briser autre chose?
Old October 2nd, 2011, 17:06   #7
ThunderCactus
Not Eye Safe, Pretty Boy Maximus on the field take his picture!

get a prometheus MS110, it's a 385fps spring, upgrade your hopup rubber, make sure you have good compression, and use .28g BBs
That there will pretty much double your range and accuracy.
ThunderCactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2011, 19:47   #8
SniperSam

Send a message via AIM to SniperSam Send a message via MSN to SniperSam Send a message via Skype™ to SniperSam
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderCactus View Post
get a prometheus MS110, it's a 385fps spring, upgrade your hopup rubber, make sure you have good compression, and use .28g BBs
That there will pretty much double your range and accuracy.

Would you recommend the Systema Hop-Up? I might be getting the Magpul MOE Carbine by G&P soon and I've heard the only thing you need to change on those are the Hop-Up and the spring (planning on getting that spring)

Whoa guy with the thumb rings, save some pussy for the rest of us

Welcome to Bed Bath and Beyoncé, if you find anything you like, put a ring on it.

What idiot called them Black Bears instead of African Abearicans

Last edited by SniperSam; October 2nd, 2011 at 19:55..
SniperSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2011, 19:55   #9
ThunderCactus

G&P hop rubbers are generally pretty good out of the box
I'd recommend firefly, guarder black, or ARS
Old October 2nd, 2011, 20:10   #10
SniperSam

Send a message via AIM to SniperSam Send a message via MSN to SniperSam Send a message via Skype™ to SniperSam
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderCactus View Post
G&P hop rubbers are generally pretty good out of the box
I'd recommend firefly, guarder black, or ARS
I've only ever used Firefly for BA upgrades, but thanks for the heads up.

I also heard some good things about Madbull hop ups, but still dont know much in the AEG department

Whoa guy with the thumb rings, save some pussy for the rest of us

Welcome to Bed Bath and Beyoncé, if you find anything you like, put a ring on it.

What idiot called them Black Bears instead of African Abearicans
SniperSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2011, 23:04   #11
ThunderCactus

You are bang on with firefly rubbers for BA, sir.
They retain their quality for AEG's, of course there are many other inconsistencies in an AEG that make it way less awesome than a BA rifle. You may not get it shooting as awesome as a BA, but you'll definitely see the difference using a firefly, just as you would in a BA rifle
Old October 2nd, 2011, 23:38   #12
HKGhost

If you have a perfect airseal, the Modify S110 spring will put you at 395-400 FPS. Evey gun (300-400mm barrel) that I worked on and installed that spring gave me exactly 400 fps. You might get a different performance with it. But like the other members said, upgrade your other internals to handle that spring and a good bucking and barrel will give you the range. Installing a heavier spring doesn't mean your gun is performing better.

Custom Build | Upgrades | Repairs | Maintenance
HKGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2011, 23:49   #13
L473ncy

I went with a Modify S110+ and got 412 FPS on .20's, what can I say it had really good airseal on the compression parts. It settled down to ~398-402 FPS after some spring compression/settling which I'm happy with. (Note that the local club I play with I am classed as a "DMR" and can only single shot and my MED is higher than a regular "rifleman"). Once my spring settles down to under 400 I can become a "rifleman" again with a shorter MED although I'll still play in single shot because it's something I picked up elsewhere and it's more challenging and tactical IMO.

My gun is accurate as hell with .28's and almost shoots like a laser. That said I had to do a lot of upgrades to get it up to that level (or should I say the previous owner).

G&P hop up unit, Guarder Black rubber, EG1000 motor, Helical Gears, etc.

All I did after I got it and played with it for a while was put in an S110+ and a Guarder 6.02 TBB and I'm super happy with the performance.

The goal to be honest though is to get your gun shooting 380-390 it will put you in a comfortable position in terms of shooting under the limits and the performance at that level isn't really less than someone shooting 399.99 FPS. If you do the math you'll realize that the hotter you're shooting the less benefit there is since it's pretty much hundreths of a second of a difference between someone shooting 385 vs someone shooting 400. You could make an argument for 300 vs 390 but I was shooting at 360 for the longest time until I decided to toss in some upgrades into my rifle and did that as almost an afterthought as a "while I'm in the gearbox I might as well" kind of thing.
Old October 3rd, 2011, 18:30   #14
TotoHurteau

alright thanks everyone
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications