Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Few beginner questions

:

Newbie Tank

Old March 25th, 2010, 20:07   #1
caseycotes

Few beginner questions

Ok I am a paintball retailer and a video game retailer actually and I wanna hold airsoft products. I guess , asc is the best place to have answer to these questions.

Wich brand do you prefer (Legal in Canada)
Does it exist a chronograph to verify the FPS of airsoft replicas ?
Should I hold entry, mid and high end replicas ?
caseycotes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2010, 20:25   #2
Sakura
formerly adayinspring

Send a message via MSN to Sakura
ICS all the way!!! MEW there gunsa are prrrrety
Old March 25th, 2010, 20:33   #3
Rugger_can

Becoming a retailer is "serious business". I don't think that asking us how to run your business is really going to generate anything useful for you.

But as adayinspring just said.. ICS are pretty.

Also.. go FAQ your self and check the stickies
Rugger_can is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2010, 20:36   #4
cooney

Quote:
Originally Posted by adayinspring View Post
ICS all the way!!! MEW there gunsa are prrrrety
Nice Holo Avatar

ICS also plus 1 for reliable.
cooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2010, 20:37   #5
L473ncy

I refuse to buy most clear stuff but you'll probably have good luck with ICS and SRC products.

I would still avoid them myself however just because I have another source.

There are lots of chronos available. The madbull one comes to mind as does the Laylax one (I saw this in a video review recently and it seems interesting, as well laylax is a big name in quality airsoft stuff).

I don't know what your store caters to or how you run your business and what market segment you're targeting so I'll reserve my opinions to myself. (ie. If you're a BMW dealer, would you locate yourself in some low income/single parent neighbourhood or on "the hills", same with a Hyundai or Kia dealer, "the hills" or in a low income area that's where the majority of your market segment is).
Old March 25th, 2010, 20:43   #6
-Trooper-
a.k.a. Egria

There was a thread like this not too far back.
In my opinion, I think you should do as much research as possible on airsoft and airsoft products before deciding to go into the airsoft business. In this sport/ hobby, the customers will usually have a lot of knowledge and personal experience and if you screw up your info, it will damage your reputation as a retailer as some people are not that forgiving.

PURVEYOR OF FINE PARACORD PRODUCTS

www.beaconconceptsco.com

Click Here For ASC Thread

Team GHOSTS - G86
-Trooper- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2010, 20:47   #7
Sportco
would-be wine thief

Food for thought

Quote:
Originally Posted by caseycotes View Post
Ok I am a paintball retailer and a video game retailer actually and I wanna hold airsoft products. I guess , asc is the best place to have answer to these questions.

If I were you...

I would do a poll right here on asc...

AEG, GBBR, GBBP accesories, upgrades, BB's... pieces meal...

Then I would call someone in another city that already hosts games
(in montreal call action commando paintball and have a chat...)

Note that they dont sell airsoft just host one night every two weeks and it's organized by a acs member

Cheers

Pete

Level 3 Directory assistance operator
Level 1 skapegoat
It ain't the years, it's the miles.
Sportco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2010, 20:51   #8
Shooting Addict
* KNOWN LIAR *

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egria View Post
There was a thread like this not too far back.
In my opinion, I think you should do as much research as possible on airsoft and airsoft products before deciding to go into the airsoft business. In this sport/ hobby, the customers will usually have a lot of knowledge and personal experience and if you screw up your info, it will damage your reputation as a retailer as some people are not that forgiving.
Agreed i wont deal with a retailer if they screw up over and over again. As far what guns would be good to carry i can happily say no fuckin entry level guns(thats why we have walmart and crappytire) and as far as middle level guns go only the higher end ones like SRC, ICS and maybe G&G(there MP5 and AK's are there best guns). If you can get your hands on opaque guns VFC and CA are probably going to be the best two to carry.

EDIT: If you do this and start selling full black guns as far as GBB go bring in Western Arms, i'd love you for that.
You can tell a person over and over that 4 + 5 = 9 and show them the mechanics of how addition works, but at the end of the day when you look into their eyes you know damn well that in their heads they still see 4 + 5 = pineapple.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson View Post
Harden the fuck up, you liberal pussies.
Shooting Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2010, 21:39   #9
DanoftheDead

I'm not sure we're going to be helpful in regards to what you can get for your store, most of us want the stuff that is really hard to find (things that are still legally grey) like full metal AEG's and GBB's.

But if I were you, I'd be contacting airsoft distributors. See what is available to you as a canadain retailer, you'd be suprised how many there are. As for what we're looking for? Full metal!! good quality, mostly mid to high end with some low end beginners stuff. Preferably full trademarks but that you can't help. A plethora of accessories (mags of all types and sizes mid caps espacially). AK's M4's MP5's ect. the most popular types and make sure the parts you sell match the guns you've got. Example: Don't get a bunch of clearsoft M4's and then sell only MP5 accessories from TM or something dumb like that. (believe it or not I found a site like this) Get a wide selection aswell people like having a choise. As for brands G&G are decent mid-quality some say upto high end) I know real sword is good. there is actually an article on this here at ASC I'll link it if I find it again.

Also bring back the AEP to Canada I miss those things. only clearsoft AEP's around now and that blows goats,
DanoftheDead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2010, 21:41   #10
L473ncy

If you're looking into GBB's I'd appreciate some KSC/KWA pistols (but I prefer KSC Japan or Taiwan ver.). They're getting pretty hard to find even outside of Canada right now, I don't know what's up with KSC. just none of the Asian retailers seem to have KSC stock or only remnants.

If I may ask though what shop is this that sells paintball stuff and video games?

Although it's a good idea to have "horizontal integration" and diversifying from a very specific niche you don't want to ruin your niche and get in over your head. You're a business owner so think about it and do this slowly get your stuff sorted out and get your market research done (ie. like you're doing right now right here) and you'll be good to go.

I personally am looking to get an RS Type-56 or some Classic airsoft so I'm probably not going to be purchasing unless you get High Quality products like RS, VFC, and G&P.
Old March 25th, 2010, 21:55   #11
Shooting Addict
* KNOWN LIAR *

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanoftheDead View Post
I know real sword is good.
Only good? They design there own gearboxes, they have 1:1 replicas down to the mm and out of all the guns I've opened up(which are quite a few BTW) they by FAR have the best external and internal quality. I opened up my gearbox on my RS the day i got it to see the gearbox design put it back together shot 10k worth of shots and when i took it to a chroney shaw it was shotting 530 fps and cracked it open all worried i had damaged internals...shit looked brand new lol. I've seen CA guns(2 M4's and a MP5) break after 5000 or less shots at 350 fps, if that doesn't scream badass to you then i don't know what will. IMHO i think Real Sword guns are, in almost every aspect are the best AEGs you can get, even if there are only 3 types available(SVD, Type 56 and Type 97).
You can tell a person over and over that 4 + 5 = 9 and show them the mechanics of how addition works, but at the end of the day when you look into their eyes you know damn well that in their heads they still see 4 + 5 = pineapple.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson View Post
Harden the fuck up, you liberal pussies.

Last edited by Shooting Addict; March 25th, 2010 at 21:57..
Shooting Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2010, 21:55   #12
ShadowNet

Quote:

Do you really have the resources to retail airsoft? And yes, I would also like to know what store this is. Your profile information from www.pbreview.com says you're age 19 and "a young player from quebec". Retailing airsoft isn't that simple.

Last edited by ShadowNet; March 25th, 2010 at 21:59..
ShadowNet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2010, 21:59   #13
Kokanee
Ministry of Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowNet View Post
Do you really have the ability to retail airsoft? And yes, I would also like to know what store this is. Your profile information from www.pbreview.com says you're age 19 and "a young player from quebec". Retailing airsoft isn't that simple.

Oh Snap! Good digging shadow.
Kokanee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2010, 22:01   #14
The Saint

Quote:
FYI, neither of the Canadian distributors of high end legal brands will deal with anyone randomly coming out the woodworks. You either show up as an established and mature business with an airsoft business plan, GST number and physical storefront in hand, or you're going to be ignored.

Last edited by The Saint; March 25th, 2010 at 22:03..
The Saint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2010, 22:20   #15
Drake
E-01

Quote:

Start by getting Age Verified, coming out to events and getting know in the community, otherwise you're facing a steep uphill battle.

You should also become familiar with airsoft rather than just parachuting in and deciding you want to sell airsoft; there exist a great number of chronies for airsoft, which you'd know about if you'd even done a moderate amount of research into airsoft.

It really sounds like you're just seeing airsoft as a business opportunity; "tell me what you'd like" and you'll sell it and $profitssss$

Unfortunately we already have a "retailer" like that in Montreal, we don't really need another.

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank