Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Tokyo Marui MP5SD5 Disassembly

:

General

Old February 7th, 2011, 22:06   #1
Alphaj1

Tokyo Marui MP5SD5 Disassembly

Hey guys,

I'm picking up my TM MP5SD5 from the classifieds and need to do some work on it. This would be my first time trying to take an AEG apart and I am a bit nervous. I've been looking around google and the forums for instructionals or videos to no avail.

Do you guys have any tips suggestions, or websites that you can point me to?

What I'm trying to do is a basic spring change as the stock TM's are 280. I'm trying to put a CA spring that shoots 350 FPS. Any help is appreciated.

thanks
Alphaj1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2011, 22:11   #2
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

Send a message via MSN to CDN_Stalker
Even though I have many years experience on the TM MP5s, I don't feel like typing.

What I will give you is this: Get a Modify 100 and it'll guaranteed give you close to 350fps, might net you 360fps, but all depends on other upgrades going in the gun, and how the air seal is on the parts already installed (might have a +/-20fps).

CA springs........... who freaking knows, they could end up being worse than PDI AEG springs (350-425fps for the same rated spring).

Watch out though, you are likely to crack the mechbox in short time after knocking it up. Mine broke within two months of shooting in the basement (few mags per night) after upgrading my SD to 350fps. What you might consider is installing a tightbore of 330mm length, I did to mine and got a 20fps increase. And try out a couple different brands of hop up rubber, piston head, nozzle, etc. Best way to upgrade is to use better BBs, and focus on airseal, then go for a heavier spring if all that is done and you still want a bit more. Will reduce the rate of wear an upgraded AEG goes through too.

Last edited by CDN_Stalker; February 7th, 2011 at 22:15..
CDN_Stalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2011, 22:18   #3
Alphaj1

hmmmm....so what you're saying is a CA spring will be all over the place FPS wise? I've heard of stock TM's shooting 280 that have a reach of about 120 feet. Would you consider that factual?
Old February 7th, 2011, 22:27   #4
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

Not much experience with CA springs, but I know most of the parts they use aren't very good.

As far as what you heard, depends on the ammo weight, heavier will give you better range and penetration of leaves, grass, etc. Best upgrade is heavier BBs, 0.28g is by far the best for general purpose outdoors (at one point I got 0.30g BBs to go 300ft easily and straight with my BA rifle set at 340fps w/0.20g, another example is 0.30g out of my KSC Mk23 firing in quiet mode, chronied around 280-300fps w/0.20g). But am just saying that there are other means to get the velocity and effective range increased without touching the spring.
Old February 7th, 2011, 22:39   #5
Alphaj1

Thanks Stalker. So aside from changing the spring, heavier BB's and playing around with the famous TM hop-up should give more range.

Sorry I made you type haha
Old February 7th, 2011, 22:43   #6
cjboi

YouTube - AirsoftPRESS HD Tech Video: MP5 Disassembly

your not looking hard enough! If you have any more questions, feel free to pm me regarding about dis assembly
Old February 7th, 2011, 22:49   #7
Alphaj1

I will be honest...i googled it, and did not look past the first search page haha. Trying to search and eat at the same time
Old February 7th, 2011, 23:09   #8
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphaj1 View Post
Thanks Stalker. So aside from changing the spring, heavier BB's and playing around with the famous TM hop-up should give more range.

Sorry I made you type haha
At least I typed more useful hard to find stuff. New and not-so-new guys always assume the best way to get more range is to swap the spring, but there are better ways to look into before that.

As far as the hop up goes, getting into the TM MP5 one to change the rubber for a better one is about 3/4 of the way to opening the mechbox right up. It sucks, royally, compared to most other TM AEGs.

BTW, the only AEGs I've ever owned are two TM MP5s, and they both get equal field time (used to anyways, haven't played for over a year, but did a couple times per month for 6 years). So I've been inside them regularly, every 4-6 months at least for one thing or another (usually adding something in as opposed to having to replace something).
Old February 7th, 2011, 23:28   #9
Specs

go to mechbox.com

frigging amazing site

Kingston airsoft, we do it better.
Specs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2011, 23:33   #10
Slow
Loves Furries

Apparently it was giving virus warning when people went to the site.
But, other then those warning its to bad it isn't updated with new aeg's.

If ASC were real life, there would be no Chuck Norris, only CDN_Stalker

MANITOBA IVAN
Slow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2011, 23:45   #11
Alphaj1

Yeah, gave me the same virus warning site. I guess its about time, ive been playing a while now, never bothered opening up my AEG's
Old February 9th, 2011, 17:55   #12
Airmax

Have you contacted your teammate Optix? He might be able to help.

(LMAG) http://www.lowermainlandairsoft.ca
Airmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2011, 19:42   #13
Specs

damageinc is also a sick doc....he can help

Kingston airsoft, we do it better.
Specs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2013, 17:39   #14
kott

Hey guys, I got 2 TM MP5s - one was given to me because it was upgraded to 350+ fps but something went wrong in the gear box and the gun is busted. I pulled out my stock internals from my old one, and trying to put it in the broke one. What other parts should I consider swapping to get a little bit better range and fps?

Also, I got a longer barrel from another gun and far as I can tell it can be swapped into the MP5 if I bore out the flash suppressor a little bit. Are there any consequences for doing such a swap?

The gaskets and seals also look interchangeable. Is there something Im missing?
kott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2013, 19:14   #15
MaciekA

To get better range and fps you will likely want to:

- swap the bucking for flat-style bucking, W-hold, R-Hop, (or similar),
- increase spring power,
- use slightly heavier BBs.

The stock TM barrels are likely very decent, so really, just clean them and leave them stock. Focus on spring power, a quality bucking, a clean barrel, and strengthening anything that might break as a result of a stronger spring. Don't waste your money on tightbore barrels until you've fully explored other avenues of quality compression and have assured durability under higher power.

Now you know

MaciekA is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General