Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

I am new here and have questions

:

Newbie Tank

Old December 29th, 2008, 01:17   #16
06SRT10

Quote:
Originally Posted by daiviet View Post
Don't worry about it, just wait till you're verified.
I'm not worried at all, I actually like how even though its really difficult to obtain any imported products this place is here to help us out and people are will to help each other out.

Thanks to Jeff Baker, all i did was contact his business with a question on how to obtain and now am a proud member of this site. I am a part of 2 other totally different forums and spend most time at the one but. it would be cool to meet local people and set up something.
06SRT10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2008, 01:20   #17
Crunchmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06SRT10 View Post
So how does this site keep the retailers just here, how can there be no outside contact you would think with the internet the address would be out there.

Cause if you look at capitalairsoft.ca where i am he has nothing, unless you have to be verified.
This site is by private membership. The retailers don't have separate web sites. There are not public airsoft stores. They're private dealers without store fronts.

For pistols, no "public" site has anything really worthwhile, IMO. However, many are starting to carry high grade AEGs like ICS and G&G that have been built with clear lower receivers to make them Canadian-legal. Dubbed "Cansoft" (as opposed to the "clearsoft" or "crapsoft" moniker attached to the cheaper guns), these are very worthy guns that are worth their price. And they're getting more widely available in Canada.
Old December 29th, 2008, 01:24   #18
06SRT10

Do you have any pics of the ones that are available here or sent me to a page that has some. Non-clear
Old December 29th, 2008, 01:26   #19
Crunchmeister

Sorry. Forum rules. Can't do that. You have to wait till you're verified.
Old December 29th, 2008, 01:28   #20
06SRT10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crunchmeister View Post
Sorry. Forum rules. Can't do that. You have to wait till you're verified.
Okay ill wait but can you tell me that your gas guns you have are available here?
Old December 29th, 2008, 01:30   #21
The Saint

Most the guns Crunch has in his sig are available, except some of the special editions and custom items. To find out which ones exactly, wait until your AV.
Old December 29th, 2008, 01:30   #22
DENZILDON

There are tons to choose from. New and used. For verification, you may want to go to

http://www.edmontonairsoft.net/forums/index.php

They are your local club and may have verifiers for asc.
DENZILDON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2008, 01:36   #23
06SRT10

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENZILDON View Post
There are tons to choose from. New and used. For verification, you may want to go to

http://www.edmontonairsoft.net/forums/index.php

They are your local club and may have verifiers for asc.
I looked at there member list and already Pm'd midgetspy blastyman and flatlander so its just a matter of time before i am verified and not an outcast.

I thank you guys alot its 11:30 right now and i work tomorrow a 7 am and most of you probably do to so thanks for staying up and helping me alone. Not many people out there doing such.

*gets everyone a beer*
Old December 29th, 2008, 01:49   #24
Crunchmeister

I got all my pistols except for 2 of them right here on ASC through private deals. There's not exactly a huge selection available at any given time, but between the retailers and private sales (both new and used), you can find most of the more common pistols fairly easily most of the time.
Old December 29th, 2008, 05:36   #25
Tex

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06SRT10 View Post
Well it doesnt surprise me theres the importing fees the details to get them in the seller needs to make money... As long as what i am looking basically for is available. Then its only money.
Welcome and what a great attitude! this is rarely seen around here amongst new comers. as for pic's of what you can buy once AV'd check out the gallery and airsoft media thread. most of the guns posted there were bought here or on sites supported by/supporting this site and our AV system.

_/|
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2008, 13:41   #26
L473ncy

I might also add that our AV system holds no legal bearing whatsoever. This is only setup as "our way" of dealing with irresponsible kiddies who decide to brandish their totally badass gangster glock they got in public and end up getting shot and killed by ERT or RCMP.

Airsoft already kind of has a bad rap already because of media perpetration of stereotypes of "airsofters" (the ones you always see in the news) whereas that's only the small minority and they're usually minors (which is why we have the 18+ AV thing). We're all pretty cool guys, responsible, and law abiding citizens.

Any other questions just post here and we'll be glad to help you out. Also do not get a sniper rifle as your first or second gun wait till maybe your 3rd or 4th. just search around and you should be able to get some good information (search bar is your friend). If you have a wife or girlfriend seriously understate the amount of money your stuff cost. They won't be very happy after you tell them you spent $1000+ on a toy gun that shoots bb's and related gear.
Old December 29th, 2008, 17:17   #27
06SRT10

Thanks I know how expensive things can be i own a ram quad cab an old dodge drag truck and an 06 SRT-10 Ram. I don't always by the most expensive things just always try to get the top of the line. I don't like buying crap.
Old December 29th, 2008, 17:36   #28
mopic

Don't order from the U.S. it won't get here. Order from a retailer In Canada.
mopic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2008, 19:22   #29
chester

Quote:
If you have a wife or girlfriend seriously understate the amount of money your stuff cost. They won't be very happy after you tell them you spent $1000+ on a toy gun that shoots bb's and related gear.
LOL, I always cut prices to 25% if my wife ever asks!
Old December 29th, 2008, 20:59   #30
Rukus

Or get your wife a rifle so she can play too. That's what I did, she doesn't bitch about it now lol. Only things she complains about now is if we can't find a babysitter on a game day. (I'm not missing the game)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackthorne View Post
Its a good thing stupidity doesnt have mass or whole sections of this board would collapse in and destroy themselves in a stupidity singularity.
Toys: SSG24, JG BAR 10, Krytac CRB, Krytac SPR, GG Black Orchid APR 9, Taurus PT99, TM MK23
Rukus is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank