Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Mouth Protection

:

Newbie Tank

Old October 13th, 2012, 10:39   #1
Scrivah

Mouth Protection

Hey guys, just looking to see some views on what people think of various types of mouth protection.

I am all for keeping my teeth in tact so I purchased a half mesh. I see that a lot of people dont wear anything on the lower half of the face. I was considering buying a mouthguard and using just that (outdoors). Indoors i would use the mesh for sure.

What are you guys doing? Is a mouthguard enough protection outside?

Thanks!
Scrivah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2012, 11:02   #2
coach
aka coachster

Don't get shot. Keep your mouth closed. It works lol

CQB, I wear a lower mesh. The odd outdoor skirmish with lots of unknowns or noobs I wear the mesh too. Milsims, where I know most of the guys, the keep your mouth closed technique works well when you can't avoid getting shot.

Quite a few people wear mouth guards and they save teeth but it's ridiculous and a pita listening to them over comms!
coach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2012, 12:10   #3
scubasteve

Quite a few players both new and vets in Manitoba wear full or half mesh face masks. Some but not many wear mouth guards. I got the front half of a tooth shot out last year but still dont wear anything. I'm stubborn what can I say.
scubasteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2012, 12:23   #4
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

the issue with the half mesh is cheek weld... but that's easily fixed... you can pull off the elastic fringe... it's just held on by hot glue... use some snips and cut it to shape and reglue the strip on. I just tried it on mine and will be field testing it tomorrow.
lurkingknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2012, 15:53   #5
Kozzie
a.k.a. Greedy

Indoors is a no brainer for me, at those distances I always wear mesh but outdoor I usually don't wear anything. Outdoor I usually have a shemag around my neck. I bite down on it so that excess piles up in front of my mouth if I get in a close engagement.

I have the half mesh that doesn't cover your ears and I find once moulded to your face cheek weld isn't a huge issue. Had the full mesh first but it's so bulky that cheek weld is an issue even with moulding.

If you chose to wear nothing you're definitely taking your chances, I've had two very close calls oddly enough both at OP Rhino. 2011 I got a bleeder half on the lip and 2012 I literally caught a bb between my lips and had to spit it out.

Last edited by Kozzie; October 13th, 2012 at 16:03..
Kozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2012, 16:13   #6
chaz

I wear a multi wrap when playing (only play outdoors).
I also have a shemagh that if the heat gets really bad I just pull it up.

Haven't been playing long and have been shot in the face a couple of times but most engagements are outside of 50 feet or so so not painful.

And yeah, when you are not talking over your comms or communicating with your team just keep your mouth shut
chaz is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank