Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

KEIN WELL (KWC) Discussion.

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old December 11th, 2015, 14:00   #1
Corinth

KEIN WELL (KWC) Discussion.

I'm interested to hear people's thoughts and opinions are on KWC, quality, performance, reliability and what working on them is like. I say this because so far I'm pretty impressed with what I have handled and aside from firing a bit too hot (400-450 FPS) on CO2, I can't find too many things to complain about as a brand.

I purchased a KWC Makarov NBB a few years ago, my entry into airsoft and the thing is a robust little SOB. I haven't fielded it, nor would I as the bloody thing chronos anywhere between 430 FPS and 450 FPS, and aside from some of the paint wearing off on the magazine and lanyard loop, it performs great.

What are your experiences with KWC? How does it fair against other brands? (WE, KWA, TM, etc.)

I'm looking to get a couple more models from KWC, particularly the GBBP Makarov and Luger models.

Honour and Respect... Pew! Pew!
Corinth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2015, 14:53   #2
ccyg8774

Proprietary design, hard to get replacement parts.
They do have some models that other brands don't have though.
Old December 11th, 2015, 14:54   #3
BioRage

Send a message via Skype™ to BioRage
Have you looked into the WE Luger and Makarovs?

For CO2 pistols, I like KJW. For simple, effective, and budget friendly pistols, WE G17.

For super duper cash spending awesomeness, Tokyo Marui.

(TM has the best accuracy ootb imo)
BioRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2015, 15:32   #4
Skeletor

I've owned 3 KWC pistols:

1911A1:

Thing was a beast. Really meaty feel, very satisfying sounds and kick. Tolerances were pretty loose on it. You could easily see between the slide and frame. Does not have half cock. Had a strange (and apparently common) problem where if you cock the hammer, put the safety on, then pull the trigger, the next time you release the safety the gun will fire. Quite accurate though, especially with .25g+ ammo. Mags held a decent amount.

I never had a problem with it aside from the safety malfunction. I should also add that it's the only CO2 1911 with a flush mag base plate. I know some people really hate how the KJW and other branded 1911s have the mag bumper.

Here's my old one, long sold:

P08 Luger:

Again, full metal. Nice heft. Crisp and fast blowback. Plastic grips. This thing was fun, until it broke. Which it did rather quickly, actually. I think something in the sear assembly went, because it would just fire full auto after a while, then not shoot anything. Also yes, very easy to accidentally shoot full auto with light trigger pulls.

Also very light, very short trigger pull.

Mine, sold a while ago:

M712 "Broom Handle" Mauser:

My current sidearm. This thing is heavy, feels good in the hand, and is a clone of the Marushin. This means that with a little filing of the mag well you can put in Tercel and Marushin green gas mags.

If I use MAP gas or if it's warm out, one green gas mag lasts approximately 30-35 shots. The mags themselves hold I think 25 shots. So enough for a full mag. And it still shoots hard. Like 330 FPS with .25g hard on green gas.

No bolt hold back feature, so you have to watch your shooting to tell when you run out. Fixed hop, but seems fine on .25g ammo.

Bolt travel on it appears to be about 50% of a real M712. Maybe a bit less. Because of this, it has an insane rate of fire on full auto, especially if using CO2, but even on propane.

I have a new piston head on the way and I'm going to try some weaker recoil springs to see if I can't bring the gas efficiency up a bit, but getting a full mag out of one gas fill is all that really matters to me. Also, propane should make the pistol last longer since it's no longer under the stress of CO2 operation.

My M712 with a Tercel green gas magazine:

Last edited by Skeletor; December 11th, 2015 at 16:27..
Skeletor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2015, 13:00   #5
Corinth

Quote:
Originally Posted by BioRage View Post
Have you looked into the WE Luger and Makarovs?
I definitely like the WE Luger but the WE Makarov is the .380 Baikal export models which are very nice but I'm looking for a more Soviet era model which is why either the KWA MKV or KWC Makarov PM might take the cake.

I'm sure TM has the edge in performance I just can't get passed the ABS plastic shite and being limited to duster gas.

I'm collecting Soviet models and I still have a few more to scratch off my list.

Honour and Respect... Pew! Pew!
Corinth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2015, 13:21   #6
Kingsix

KWC OEM's Mini Uzi's for WA if I recall.
Old December 12th, 2015, 14:07   #7
Drakker
Official ASC Geomorphologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corinth View Post
I'm sure TM has the edge in performance I just can't get passed the ABS plastic shite and being limited to duster gas.
The TM plastic is strong and durable and miles ahead of the crappy ABS plastic you see on china clones. I've been running my TM 1911a1 for 6 years now and it still works like new. Full plastic glory. With propane. Yep, TM pistols handle propane just fine. I'd be wary of propane if you use a 10-15+ years old gun, but anything sold recently will last years on propane.

After a while you just don't notice its plastic anymore, and the amazing performances more than make up for it. Also, plastic GBB pistols work waaaay better in the cold than full metal pistols, which is yet another advantage. I could go on, but I think you get the point, TM plastic pistols are great.

Québec province's master age verification representative.
Drakker is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion