Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Did I screw myself?

:

Newbie Tank

Old April 30th, 2011, 17:28   #16
Steven

Try looking around for a broken pre-system USP that you could use for parts?

'That's your best bet if the specific part is non-existant
Steven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2011, 17:46   #17
Kozzie
a.k.a. Greedy

what pistol are you looking for now?
Kozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2011, 17:47   #18
danteh
AV Suspended pending sales dispute

I'm not looking for a pistol, just parts for this usp
danteh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2011, 17:48   #19
Kozzie
a.k.a. Greedy

Try posting in the WANTED section if you haven't already

Edit: If you want to fix your USP then why? http://www.airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=123231

Last edited by Kozzie; April 30th, 2011 at 17:55..
Kozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2011, 20:58   #20
FACE
a.k.a. Phoneguy

Welcome to the club of getting ripped off of people with "great" trader ratings. Although the person you bought your pistol off of only has 1 trader rating. My mistake was to NOT read the posters other ads to see that he's asked questions about the "broken" pistol he had sold me. I put "broken" in quotations cause according to him it wasn't broken. I guess you call a cracked outer barrel NOT broken. Anyway, I digress.

I would contact the seller and try to work out a deal with him as he's obviously mislead you. If that doesn't work, well that is what the trader rating system is for.

But he's getting out of airsoft anyway so what's the point eh?

Please don't paint the classifieds with a wide brush. I've purchased many items off of them and only been burned once.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TokyoSeven View Post
Long story short:
If your gun is in Canada, leave it in Canada.
If your gun is not in Canada, leave it outside of Canada.
FACE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2011, 21:05   #21
Spike
Privateer Airsoft

Don't be quick to point fingers or start yelling either, the seller may not have known much about GBB pistols either.

I sold a KJW m9 to someone on here which I thought worked fine. He knew more about pistols than me, and apparently there were a few parts that had to be replaced, so I helped pay for them. Both parties left contented and with +1 feedback.
Old May 6th, 2011, 11:38   #22
Kuro_Neko

Send a message via ICQ to Kuro_Neko Send a message via AIM to Kuro_Neko Send a message via MSN to Kuro_Neko Send a message via Yahoo to Kuro_Neko
Quote:
Originally Posted by FACE View Post
Please don't paint the classifieds with a wide brush. I've purchased many items off of them and only been burned once.
+1
I've only really had one kinda negative interaction off the classifieds out of the fifty transactions I've made, and the seller and I settled things acceptably.

Generally there's three things you want to look at when buying from the classifieds: Trader Rating, Post Count and Join Date. If the first is in single digits (or negative obviously), the second in single or low double digits and the last really recent or really old then avoid for major purchases, otherwise you're pretty safe. We're really quite good at self-policing around here. If someone gets a rep for scams they basically become a pariah. And since this forum is pretty much *the* gathering place for airsofters in Canada, being a pariah here means the scammer is out of the sport.

As to your purchase, try to talk to the seller. It may have just been an innocent mistake and he'll refund some or all of your money. If he won't then leave a negative review. Then get on the gundoc section of the forum and see if anyone has any suggestions on how to fix up your gun.
Old May 6th, 2011, 11:46   #23
SHaKaL

Send a message via MSN to SHaKaL
Quote:
Originally Posted by danteh View Post
About a month ago, I bought a pistol off someone on the forums (had nothing but good trader ratings).
...Mmmm sure he had nothing but good trader rating... he has 1 transaction

101e 506Pir Fox Company - SHTYK NOZH

Last edited by SHaKaL; May 6th, 2011 at 11:49..
SHaKaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2011, 12:17   #24
L473ncy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuro_Neko View Post
Generally there's three things you want to look at when buying from the classifieds: Trader Rating, Post Count and Join Date. ... really recent or really old then avoid for major purchases, otherwise you're pretty safe.
Hey I resent that. My join date may be fairly old but it's not like I charge outrageous prices for my stuff (granted I've only made 2 sales, and the rest were me buying stuff).

It's better to get a feel of the seller and how well respected they are. Granted Kuro Neko may be slightly right about some of his points and they are generally good indicators but don't only use those as indicators.

PS: As a rule I usually give people I'm buying from/selling to other contact info in order to contact me just incase. You should ask the same of other people you deal with. For example one transaction I did, I got slightly wrong info and I contacted the seller through their phone number to sort it out.
Old May 6th, 2011, 12:21   #25
Jimski

I have noticed also that people tend to sell perfectly working guns with just a problem ( usually not mentionned): hop up rubber needs to be changed soon and oh surprise, they're out of stock everywhere...

are USP hop-up and Glock hop similar? if so I have one KSC glock rubber available, pm me.
Old May 6th, 2011, 12:34   #26
L473ncy

If it was a System7/NS2 USP then for sure it will be the same hop up rubber as the Glock (Sys7/NS2 is based off the KSC Glocks gas design).

Worst comes to worst Aquamarine *might* be able to source you a hop up rubber from one of the various small airsoft shops in Japan.

Otherwise if you're going to HK or know anyone going to HK there's always the shops on Kwong Wa street that have little doodads and random parts here and there if you (or your friend) are willing to look.
Old May 6th, 2011, 13:44   #27
Danke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuro_Neko View Post
Generally there's three things you want to look at when buying from the classified.
I would say look in the Dr.'s Corner also.

If the guy had 10 threads about what a piece of junk his new WE SCAR was and all the parts he broke just testing it out, and the a week later the gun is in the classifieds, "only 50 BBs", or "just backyard plinking" you can just move on to another ad.
Old May 6th, 2011, 16:21   #28
Kuro_Neko

Send a message via ICQ to Kuro_Neko Send a message via AIM to Kuro_Neko Send a message via MSN to Kuro_Neko Send a message via Yahoo to Kuro_Neko
Quote:
Originally Posted by L473ncy View Post
Hey I resent that. My join date may be fairly old but it's not like I charge outrageous prices for my stuff (granted I've only made 2 sales, and the rest were me buying stuff).

It's better to get a feel of the seller and how well respected they are. Granted Kuro Neko may be slightly right about some of his points and they are generally good indicators but don't only use those as indicators.
No disrespect intended. If I was looking at a sales thread by you then I'd take a chance on you despite the somewhat low trader rating, just cause you've been around a long time and have a very good post count. That indicates to me you're active in the community and wouldn't risk your rep on a scam. I really only meant the join date is the clincher if both the other conditions are true. For example, if your post count was 5 instead of 2600+ in the seven years you've been a member then I'd be pretty suspicious. Even then I'd weigh the content of those 5 posts as well. Granted in that circumstance I'd definitely not take the chance on a $600 gun. But for a $50 vest or a battery or some mags or such I might.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danke View Post
I would say look in the Dr.'s Corner also.

If the guy had 10 threads about what a piece of junk his new WE SCAR was and all the parts he broke just testing it out, and the a week later the gun is in the classifieds, "only 50 BBs", or "just backyard plinking" you can just move on to another ad.
That's a very good point, and something that I should really do more often.
Old May 6th, 2011, 16:59   #29
L473ncy

Lol.... I actually forgot to "banana" those For Sale threads.... I just remembered when you mentioned that... I donated those textbooks and passed off that ski ticket to a friend. The other for sale threads where I actually sold stuff to members was a computer keyboard and some Nintendo DS accessories.
Old May 6th, 2011, 17:10   #30
kalnaren

Meh, I have a pretty low opinion of non-BNIB guns from the ASC classifieds these days. I've been screwed on ALL of my non-BNIB gun orders (that weren't done in person) in some way or another (usually a detail the seller "forgot" to mention -like broken slide locks, etc.), including 2 AEGs that didn't even function -one I was unable to repair, and the other had to have the entire front end re-machined. All the sellers had 100% positive feedback as well.

For gear, ASC classifieds have been excellent. For guns, unless it's BNIB or from a very, very reputable person, I won't touch it.

Quote:
"Someone in a Prius tried to race me at a stop sign the other day. I couldn't believe it. I had him for the first 100 feet or so but I can only walk so fast."
kalnaren is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank