Airsoft Canada
https://blackblitzairsoft.myshopify.com/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

If I were to make Mortars that could be used in airsoft... Would anyone be interested

:

General

Old December 13th, 2006, 21:26   #16
Amos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
How exactly do you plan to make a safe, reliable, and inexpensive airburst round?

And BTW folks, JSOC here in Winnipeg and Lance Co. in Sask have been making and selling compressed air mortars for years now. Nothing new here.
Mine's inspired by JSOC, I saw their use of it at FNG day, and I've managed to build my own, and I've talked it over with them and they said they wouldn't have a problem with me selling them.

It doesn't work with combustion... it works with compressed air, with a very high quality piston, so the sealent material isn't going to shatter and tear like I've been told the Lance Co. ones do.

I'm going to be testing, and video taping the limits of these things... The materials I'm using are rated to 80 PSI... But I STRONGLY suggest you do not excede 60 PSI. I'll be writing up a usage, and guide (It will cover all the do's and don'ts.. like directly aiming at some one) for it that I'll include with every mortar that's sold.

As for the price... It'll vary depending on the options you get...

I'm thinking around the $150(Depending on shipping and to where) range for a complete, painted one.

As for aiming it.. It's an indirect fire weapon... You'll be-able to get perfect aim if you're good at physics...

I'm also going to look into creating a LARGE version of this that could be used as an artiliary platform...
Amos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2006, 21:28   #17
Amos

Quote:
Originally Posted by thephenom View Post
200ft isn't THAT far, since most airsoft guns can reach 125fps pretty easy.

However, I would be interested to see how accurate it would be at 200ft. If it doesn't hit the intended target, that would be a waste of a capsule of BBs, and a capsule you'll probably never find again.
No need to worry about the capsule's... I'll be including 10 capsules, and a guide on how to make your own with every Mortar. They are VERY inexpensive to make..
Old December 13th, 2006, 21:35   #18
Amos

Quote:
Originally Posted by made Man View Post
Sorry to shit on your parade, but this is a potato gun. You cant patent a potato gun.

I made my own and did a test at the local field.
+++
Hair-spray "mortar" with various projectile designs. Lets just say whenever i fired it, it scared the fuck out of people around me who were not expecting it.
It is loud and it is mean.

Shell A: Went somewhere fast, didnt hit perform as expected - FAIL
Shell B: Hit the target where i was aiming it, performed as expected. BB spray on the ground was approximately a 2m radius circle - PASS
Shell C test 1: Shotgun design. Covered a 2x30+ meter area when aimed at a 45 degree angle with apprx 1000BB charge - PASS
Shell C test 2: Aiming straight up with apprx 500BB charge, covered roughly 20m radius circle.

Capable of firing sabot rounds of various loads to 100+ meter range with good precision.

In all tests a charge of 3 seconds was used.
Can perform better with a longer charge. 3 seconds seems to create perfect air-fuel ratio for 90% ignition rate.

Drawbacks:
-with lower temperatures fuel does not atomize properly, requires longer charge. Ignition rate goes down to 50%.
-spark leads get covered in waste produced by combustion reaction, require a quick wipe (fingers do fine) every 2-3 shots for 90+% ignition rate.
+++
With combustion models It's impossible to judge distance, as different fuel amounts give different results, Those also fire at speeds that are dangerous to living things... Hairspray in your average expantion chamber will propel a projectile at nearly 400+ FPS... With a projectile weighting much more than 40 grams.. That's VERY dangerous if it hurts some one.

The advantage of mine is it's 100% reliable, You don't need to get the proper fuel mixture, and there's nothing that needs to get cleaned every couple shots.

And, You're able to judge distance. Say there's a group 130 feet away, You charge the mortar up to 45 PSI, and fire it at roughtly a 50* angle, Aiming at a group that's 200 feet away, charge it up to 60 PSI and fire @ a 45* angle.

I'm not 100% sure of the mortar's maximum range.. As I havn't been able to fire it anywhere where I've got an aircompresser and more than roughly 200 feet.. All I know is it's roughly 200 feet if not more.

I'm not new to IPFD's (YouTube - potato cannon 3 <--- My Ether fueld Potato gun, Fires WAY over 700 FPS )

Last edited by Amos; December 13th, 2006 at 21:37..
Old December 13th, 2006, 21:37   #19
ATREYU

Send a message via ICQ to ATREYU Send a message via MSN to ATREYU Send a message via Skype™ to ATREYU
My mortar doesnt use any gas to propel its rounds. So no need to worry about psi's and all that nonsense. Mine also isn't affected by atmospherical factors.
Old December 13th, 2006, 21:41   #20
Amos

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATREYU View Post
My mortar doesnt use any gas to propel its rounds. So no need to worry about psi's and all that nonsense. Mine also isn't affected by atmospherical factors.
Care to explain how this works?

... The impression I'm getting is that you're not talking about something for airsoft.
Old December 13th, 2006, 21:42   #21
ATREYU

Send a message via ICQ to ATREYU Send a message via MSN to ATREYU Send a message via Skype™ to ATREYU
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amos View Post
Care to explain how this works?

... The impression I'm getting is that you're not talking about something for airsoft.
As a matter of fact I AM talking about airsoft.
Old December 13th, 2006, 21:45   #22
Amos

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATREYU View Post
As a matter of fact I AM talking about airsoft.
Care to explain how an airsoft mortar that doesn't run on any compressed gas, or combustion works?

... It's not just a giant rubber band throwing bags of BB's is it?
Old December 13th, 2006, 21:48   #23
ATREYU

Quote:
Care to explain how an airsoft mortar that doesn't run on any compressed gas, or combustion works?

... It's not just a giant rubber band throwing bags of BB's is it?
Question #1 - Not be an ass, but not at this time. It is a design that 4 of us have been working on, and I don't have permission to divulge the details without thier knowledge, nor will I disrespect the groups trust.
Question #2 - No

Last edited by ATREYU; December 13th, 2006 at 21:50..
ATREYU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2006, 21:50   #24
Krieg

Send a message via MSN to Krieg
Hehe I think have some ideas how Atreyu's works....

Ontario Airsoft WW2 Reenactors
Quote:
Originally Posted by János Hunyadi
To withdraw is impossible, to surrender is unthinkable. Let us fight bravely and honour our arms!- 1444 Battle of Varna
Krieg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2006, 21:50   #25
Amos

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.ptrap View Post
Hehe I think have some ideas how Atreyu's works....
Elf-magic and Pixie dust?
Old December 13th, 2006, 22:03   #26
The Saint

Quote:
Elf-magic and Pixie dust?
More likely stored mechanical energy, i.e. spring. So says the process of elimination.
Old December 13th, 2006, 22:35   #27
made Man

Send a message via ICQ to made Man
Quote:
safety blah blah
distance blah blah
precision blah blah
That's why i dont let anyone else touch it. My buddies have their own spudzookas to fire, and they know how theirs perform. Key is indirect. Using 0.12g crappy tire BB's decelerate really fast. Unless you are 10 feet tall and standing right infront of it when it is firing, you are safe. Idea is for the sabot to hit trees above the intended target. Higher the hit on the tree and BB load, larger circle of DEATH under it. After it hits the tree, the only energy BB's have going directly down is due to gravity, so if not for a shower of hundreds or THOUSANDs of BB's you wouldnt even feel it.
I've fired it enough times at various charges to know

Would i trust someone else firing it? Not unless they had some exp with that particular zooka and how it fires. It's just a personal fun toy im planning on using when temperatures go up. So far those who saw it in action were... enthusiastic
You dont choose who you love, love chooses you; and that little fucking son of a bitch sticks itself to your face like the godless bloodsucking bastards in Alien and refuses to let go until it has drained your soul and left you an empty shell of a human being.

I am worth $2,106,266.00 on HumanForSale.com

<axel026> i need help please
<^cell^> do you have an appointment?
<axel026> im french
<^cell^> i see... thats a terrible disorder
made Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2006, 23:34   #28
Amos

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saint View Post
More likely stored mechanical energy, i.e. spring. So says the process of elimination.
If that's the case (who knows if he was even serious) parts wear down over time and eventaully break... I've though of going about that method.
Old December 13th, 2006, 23:36   #29
Amos

Quote:
Originally Posted by made Man View Post
That's why i dont let anyone else touch it. My buddies have their own spudzookas to fire, and they know how theirs perform. Key is indirect. Using 0.12g crappy tire BB's decelerate really fast. Unless you are 10 feet tall and standing right infront of it when it is firing, you are safe. Idea is for the sabot to hit trees above the intended target. Higher the hit on the tree and BB load, larger circle of DEATH under it. After it hits the tree, the only energy BB's have going directly down is due to gravity, so if not for a shower of hundreds or THOUSANDs of BB's you wouldnt even feel it.
I've fired it enough times at various charges to know

Would i trust someone else firing it? Not unless they had some exp with that particular zooka and how it fires. It's just a personal fun toy im planning on using when temperatures go up. So far those who saw it in action were... enthusiastic
Well -- It's alot easier to accomplish hits with variable power.

Less pressure = less distance.

ect ect, + Pressure fires EVERY time.
Old December 13th, 2006, 23:39   #30
The Saint

Quote:
If that's the case (who knows if he was even serious) parts wear down over time and eventaully break... I've though of going about that method.
I think Atreyu was serious, and parts on anything will wear down and break over time. AEGs come to mind. It's more of an issue of making them so they don't break within a reasonable span of time.

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General