Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

WA2000 electric build up

:

Upgrades & Modifications

Old December 1st, 2010, 12:13   #1
Guerrilla

Talking WA2000 electric build up

Hey everybody, today I went to my local home depot and bought all of the materials I need to fabricate a complete WA2000. My plans are based strongly off of the design found here. Full recognition and respect to candyman and a huge thanks to him for the mock up he gave me of the mm measurements

http://www.ukmonsters.co.uk/oldmadwe...ics/wa2000.htm

I could really use a little help and I've been lurking these forums for a while. You guys have way more technical information than the other forums I've visited.

This rifle will have a night vision scope mounted on it for night play only (at least it will once I build my m40a3). So for the many who may say a bolt action would be better for longer ranges, it doesn't matter as much because depending on the prices I can find I may only have a 5x magnification scope for night vision. I made my own ghillie suit (my grandfather was a sniper in the army and taught me how he was shown to do it in the last few years of his service) I hope that this will be perfect for a mid to long range, high accuracy night sniper.

However, I will not be using a pistol to power this weapon like candyman, i have hopes that i will be able to replicate the beautiful exterior and pair it with outstanding performance. I have made necessary adjustments for the installation of aeg internals

1) Behind the magazine will be mounted a Systema ENERGY CMB M170 Mechbox / Gearbox & MAGNUM Motor Set for M16-A1 (supposedly produces 570 fps with a .2 although my intention is to use .3)

I chose this gearbox because it was my understanding that part of gearboxes design is matched to barrel length, and the m16 is their longest barrel gun, correct me if my thinking is way out of line here

2) the magazine being used has yet to be determined. I do not want to custom fabricate a magazine catch for an already made magazine, so I was thiinking of using a magazine where you press a button it the magazine itself and simply cutting the groves for where that magazine would fit. any suggestions would be much appreciated

3) QUESTION! A 640mm 6.01mm tight bore barrel, probably by masamune but I need to know more specifics on what barrels will match up with the right hop up piece to the mechbox/gearbox

4) QUESTION! This is still really up in the air. Can the metal AEG hop up fully housed pieces from evike. Since I am using an m16 gear box will any of these m16 hop up pieces work with it?

http://www.airsoftpost.com/index.php?cPath=24_71_371

5) I have not chosen a battery yet but I imagine I will probably use the same one that systema suggests for their m16

6) I will be using MOSFED to eliminate the automatic fire option for this rifle because of the high power rating, the long barrel and the adjustable hop up which should make this one of the most long range and accurate electric sniper rifles

Hopefully I can establish some credibility by saying that I worked as an apprentice to a carpenter for 3 years in high school and now i work part time in a machine shop near my college.

I have already gotten all of the precise measurements for the production of this rifle and I have all the tools at my disposal to produce the exact shell as candyman, minus a few inner changes to the wood to fit internals.

Thank you everyone for checking out my post. I have my finals this week but full production will begin in about 7 days I'll be back with pictures, I need the above questions answered first though so please, if you have the knowledge, help me
Guerrilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2010, 12:28   #2
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

Send a message via MSN to CDN_Stalker
The cylinder in the mechbox is what has to be matched to barrel length. If looking at a 640mm inner barrel (try to get a 6.03mm, it'll be better), you'll need a bore up kit (cylinder, head, piston) to be able to provide enough air volume to move the BB efficiently.
CDN_Stalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2010, 12:43   #3
Amos

Stalker beat me to it!
G3SD6
Amos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2010, 12:47   #4
Boyso
a.k.a. LastSpartan

Send a message via MSN to Boyso
If you're going to play with 570fps on .2, I won't play with you. Especially not against you.
Boyso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2010, 12:56   #5
Pinard
formerly Contractor 6-8, CptPinard17eRAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastSpartan View Post
If you're going to play with 570fps on .2, I won't play with you. Especially not against you.
well you couldn't even if you wanted...he's from philadelphia
Old December 1st, 2010, 13:50   #6
Guerrilla

I'm not dead set on the 570fps gear box because it is very expensive and not really usable on most fields due to rules and regulations. or would getting a bore up kit lower the fps because its pushing more air?

so i need a bore up kit, where should i get one of these for a systema gearbox?

EDIT: finally found my hop up piece

Last edited by Guerrilla; December 1st, 2010 at 13:57..
Old December 1st, 2010, 14:12   #7
Kos-Mos

Systema makes some bore-up kits.

And you should consider lowering your FPS to about 430 with .20 That is the best range/precision/accuracy setting.Above that there is too much turbulance for the BB to fly correctly (think when you throw a paper ball, you have to be soft, yet give it enough push)

650mm is not an M16 lenght just so you know. M16 is 509mm. If you got your measure by placing an M16 barrel by your drawing, the 650mm barrel will stick out a lot. It was made for PSG-1 originally. If you decide to buy one, make sure you have the AEG cut, because the PSG-1 does not fit (different hop-up system)

You also should consider a place to have a battery. If you want your gun to shoot at 570 fps, you will need a big ass battery to crank that mechbox and it will kill your motor very fast. At least 12v will be needed, either a 3000ish mAh 11.1v LiPo that ir rated above 20C or a 10-cells NiMh pack, something above 4000mAh.
Kos-Mos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2010, 14:46   #8
Guerrilla

i based the length of my barrel on the real life size of the WA2000. the rifle is 905 mm in length. total If you see where a magazine is placed on it, it gives me just enough room to fit the gear box behind it.

this whole assembly ends right about 248mm from the back of the gun which means that i have about 657mm to the very very end of the gun. if I end the barrel 17 mm (about 3/4 inch) from the end of the muzzle it would give me 640 and protect the barrel adequately

If you have a better suggested barrel length id love to hear it because this is my first time doing something like this.

will this bore up kit suffice in anybody's opinion?

Amazon.com: Systema New Bore Up Cylinder Set for M16A1: Sports & Outdoors

As always thanks for all the help so far. I've got the gearbox, hop up, body and battery all figured out.

what kind of piece is needed to make a magazine release its bb's? i figured i might use the classic army m24 mag since it will be simple to mount. does the hop up metal casing open the piece that allows the bb's to flow? or is there something else?

Left to go: Barrel, magazine, how to make bb's come out of magazine
Old December 1st, 2010, 14:56   #9
Kos-Mos

That bore-up will work as long as you use an M4-type hop-up unit.

In M4 mags, the feed tube pushes the retaining pin and lets the BB out. Each hop-up works with the mags it it designed for. Using some VN M16 mags would be easier since you are already using an M4 type-hop-up. You just have to fabricate some casing around the mags.
Kos-Mos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2010, 21:22   #10
Guerrilla

technically I only need enough of the top part of the magazine to match up with the internals right? Also, how is the magazine formed in an m4? I have an mp5 and a couple sniper rifles but those catches wont work for the m4 mag i dont believe, any suggestions?
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications