Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

The price of starting airsoft.

:

Newbie Tank

Old March 17th, 2010, 20:47   #16
ShelledPants

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDN__Player View Post
Arent you over exaggerating a bit on some equipment?

I got my full mesh face mask for $20. And its great.

And you can get a good pair of outdoorsy boots for around $100. THe boots I use were $90 and they are leather steal toe work boots. There great.
Trust a mesh mask with the same attitude as fucking a hooker without a condom.

His list is about right.

Ár skal r?*sa, sá er annars vill
fé eða fjör hafa. Sjaldan liggjandi úlfur
lær um getur né sofandi maður sigur.
ShelledPants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2010, 20:48   #17
cerealmaniac

Send a message via MSN to cerealmaniac
i think $500 is good enough to start with. $300 for a starter's AEG, about $100 for Clothes, and perhaps $100 for a vest or whatnot

飛虎隊
NEED ANY OLD/USED AK/MP5 PARTS!PM ME!
Sales Thread Click Me
AEG sales thread
cerealmaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2010, 20:50   #18
sarosh

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelledPants View Post
Trust a mesh mask with the same attitude as fucking a hooker without a condom.

His list is about right.
that depends how much the hooker costs.
sarosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2010, 21:09   #19
CDN__Player

Dont trust mesh masks?

Mine holds up great, ive shot it point blank, it doesn't dent.

TM P90 TR..............TM Desert Eagle................Remington700
+ and...
CDN__Player is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2010, 21:17   #20
deep in the bush
Monkey with a Gun

Send a message via MSN to deep in the bush
19 Billion dollars!!!!

Ok maybe i have an issue with temptation.

Honestly?

I would say 600 to 1000 is a good range to work in. If you want to start with all items.

Shop around for good items at low prices. take your time building kit. Go to gear swaps, check boards, and keep focused.

Avoid the impulse purchases. Most times that seem too good to be true usually are.
I have to go with Jimski and shelled pants on this one.

I'm the Barrie Bastard.
http://www.bbbastard.com/

Cheese is good.
deep in the bush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2010, 21:29   #21
Saint_blackhand

g&g m16 a3 $375.00 ( includes high cap mag, dumby charger, 9.6v battery)
jt elite mask duel $39.95
TSD bb 3000 count .20g $29.95

Thats about all you need to start.
extra high cap $24.95
use Canadian Forces boots $15-40
condor knee pads $34.95
Used BDU top and bottom (german flecktern) $85

I shop here :
www.Pocomilitary.com
www.halifaxairsoftwholesale.com
Saint_blackhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2010, 21:45   #22
naminator

One thing not to cheap out on is the Goggles, Gun, Boots, vest. You can wear street clothes and go for the whole Insurgent look.

When I started I dropped 700-1000$ on:

1 Vest + pouches + hydration pack (very useful)
1 G&G M16A4 which I hated
1 Box of midcaps
1 set of goggles
1 set of BDUS, Hat, Neoprene mask, gloves

At the end of all this, the only remaining things of my original kit is the gloves and goggles.

Take your time deciding. I made the mistake of buying a MASSIVE armalite when it really was not that comfortable. Now I have an MP5 and soon to be the owner of a mac 11 and HK416.

One thing I forgot was to buy a sling XD.
Were you maybe expecting 1+1 = donut?
naminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2010, 22:53   #23
Shooting Addict
* KNOWN LIAR *

I'm just getting all my stuff together right now but i've spent about 1800 so far...
RS Type 97B-700
Custom chest rig(in process of buying)-400
BDU pants, kneepads,boots etc-400
Good battery and charger-200
BB Bastards-100
You really don't need to spend this much but i tried guns and gear out so i knew what i wanted and bought what i wanted, but you don't have to spend this much and about 1000 should be enough to start out with decent gameable equipment.
You can tell a person over and over that 4 + 5 = 9 and show them the mechanics of how addition works, but at the end of the day when you look into their eyes you know damn well that in their heads they still see 4 + 5 = pineapple.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson View Post
Harden the fuck up, you liberal pussies.

Last edited by Shooting Addict; March 17th, 2010 at 23:08..
Shooting Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2010, 23:06   #24
R.I.T.Z
Crackers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooting Addict View Post
.....about 100 should be enough to start out with decent gameable equipment.
what are you smoking?
Mags+bb's add up to more then 100$
then theres vests and optics, and lights, and bdus 100$ is maybe a BDU set and a mag or two
R.I.T.Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2010, 23:08   #25
Shooting Addict
* KNOWN LIAR *

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.I.T.Z View Post
what are you smoking?
Mags+bb's add up to more then 100$
then theres vests and optics, and lights, and bdus 100$ is maybe a BDU set and a mag or two
My bad i forgot a zero at the end.
You can tell a person over and over that 4 + 5 = 9 and show them the mechanics of how addition works, but at the end of the day when you look into their eyes you know damn well that in their heads they still see 4 + 5 = pineapple.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson View Post
Harden the fuck up, you liberal pussies.
Shooting Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2010, 23:17   #26
ShelledPants

Well to give you an idea. I've done my price placement for this seasons gear...

Ak = $300
Stick LiPo Battery / Pantac AK Vest / 10x Star MidCap mags / Sling = $180 Shipped and landed at my door.

Throw a mask and BBs into that and you have a full gear list for under $600.

You can game yearly quite easily on the cheap. Just know when to sell your gear or expect a loss on gear sales after the season ends.

Ár skal r?*sa, sá er annars vill
fé eða fjör hafa. Sjaldan liggjandi úlfur
lær um getur né sofandi maður sigur.
ShelledPants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2010, 08:06   #27
BobbyDangerous

I spent already.

Gun - 400
Pants - 55
Knee Pads - 20
Tactical Vest - 30 (Got a deal)
Boots - 60
Mags - 30

thats what i have spent so far

Wan't to find stuff pretty cheap.

armynavydeals.ca

BA Level 3 Certified
BobbyDangerous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2010, 09:24   #28
Ghostnote

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelledPants View Post
Well to give you an idea. I've done my price placement for this seasons gear...

Ak = $300
Stick LiPo Battery / Pantac AK Vest / 10x Star MidCap mags / Sling = $180 Shipped and landed at my door.

Throw a mask and BBs into that and you have a full gear list for under $600.

You can game yearly quite easily on the cheap. Just know when to sell your gear or expect a loss on gear sales after the season ends.
where did you buy the vest and mags? That sounds like a good deal.
Ghostnote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2010, 11:17   #29
Dohpaz
★ Awesome Gentleman ★

Started in January and here is what I spent.

Woodland camo BDU pants + shirt = 80$
LBV Vest = 60$
G&G GR16 R4 modified and upgraded = 400$
5 midcap mags + 1 hi-cap mag for M4 + 8.4 battery + charger + bb's +aimpoint replica = 60$
KJW Beretta M9 GBB pistol = 150$
Crosman Stinger Shottie with sling and slugs = 75$

So 825$ total... for now.
Dohpaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2010, 11:18   #30
Duckman

there's a couple ways you can approach how you spend your money.

you can buy good or you can buy cheap. work with what you have financially. are you in a rush. how committed are you to airsoft? do you want crispy new or are you cool with wearing someone elses coodie ridden kit on a deal. all these factors will help you decide how you wanna spend.

certain things you dont ever wanna cheap out on.

eyewear - depending on where you play you might need paintball rated goggles due to field insurance reasons. if you're playing primarily on private land than you'd get whatever gets the best seal around your eyes....note...price should never be a real factor for a good fitting set of eye protection. if that means you spend $500 on a pair of custom oakleys than i say do it.

consider the eye seal, ventilation for fogging, do you sweat alot primarily around your eyes and secondarily around the rest of your face. are you able to control your breathing...in the mouth, out the nose (directs moist air away from the eyewear). as far as mesh gogs go, i stay away from them only because you never know what quality of bb is coming your way. it could be a silica bb which wont break or it could be a cheapy that will pulverize on impact which is your main concern with mesh.

given the huge range of eye protection you can get you can be looking at $30 (surplus issue sawfly) right up to over $500 (custom oakley with all the bells and whistles). in between you have paintball goggles and tactical full seal goggles which are like...call it $80-$200ish. if you want full seal gogs than try to find stuff that has a thermal lens (usually paintball gogs)

but this is definately an item you dont want to cheap out on....EVER. ANYONE who says otherwise is a fool and is taking stupid risks with their vision.

primary selection...

this can be very hit and miss. lots of factors in weapon selection to consider. quality, accessories, mag management, power management, in or outdoor, general field fps limits and the capabilities of a particular line of gun to take the power upgrades, availability of parts.

you can easily find an inexpensive clone all over the place nowadays (eeeeeewwwwww) but you'll cry when you realize that you feel compelled to upgrade and your gun doc says "ya...no problem...i can get that done for you but it's gonna cost you $500 to achieve that goal"

depending on how committed you are to airsoft i usually say spend the money on something good out of the box so that you end up spending less in the long run. ie...$600ish on a new vfc scar or a g&p product. spend the money now so you dont end up spending tons later on upgrades and end up having a box of essentially useless parts sitting around.

are you a camper or mover. think hard about this one. it makes a differance. if you camp than you might want a longer gun for barrel length to reach out. if you move than you can easily choose a carbine to help with maneuverability.

what sized battery relative to shooting style. do you shoot semi or do you stand on the trigger for days at a time? again...big differance. guys that stand on the trigger will want something that will accept a large battery purely for charge capacity. you can get away with using mini's if you're pretty light on the trigger. this will affect your battery costs in that you need to plan how many to buy and time spent charging them. spend the money on a decent charger so you dont over cook said batteries. r/c shops can help with that.

mag management....

also should be a factor in weapon choice since it you're probably gonna get a vest to manage them. if you're picky about what you want to buy in terms of vest/rig/tacticool nylon than you'd probably wanna stay away from a p90 or ump. those are a pain in the ass to stow since they're so long. mag features...g36 and sig mags tend to have locking tabs which can greatly increase your loading times due to snagging on pouches and such.

tac gear....

consider your body when choosing a vest. you probably dont want to be picking up some massive ciras or other full armor styled vest if you're a sweater. you're just going to suffer during the summer. though it can help keep you warm if you play in the winter. a tac vest is leaner and lighter so you can still fit through doors and not knock people down when you turn. also helps reduce snagging on branches and stuff in the brush. are you a wus? a tac vest will easily take the sting off of most shots but if looking like a walking tank is what you want than so be it. what are you planning on carrying? if all you need is mags and water than just get something to meet those needs. dont forget how big you are. not everything may fit you. if you're a horse or a twig makes a differance.

boots....

for cryin out loud dont go cheap on these. spend whatever amount you can manage...*note i didnt say can spend...i said spend what you can MANAGE* boots make a huge differance as to if you gonna last the full event or not. comfort, ankle support, gortex if you play in the rain and mud...they come in handy for the odd snake that might wanna nip at your ankles too.

there's huge amounts of things to consider in getting kit...you can spend $500 or $5000 to kit out one person. forget about collecting....gotta give up food for that guestimate

i'm sure there's more i could add but my fingers are getting tired.

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank