Airsoft Canada
Airsoft Depot

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Gear Discussion
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Price for PVS-14 Gen 2

:

Gear Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old December 3rd, 2017, 14:13   #1
pabs
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Waterloo
Price for PVS-14 Gen 2

Hi Gang,

What is the price for a Gen 2 PVS-14 Unit?

Thx
pabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2017, 15:27   #2
Danke
 
Danke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Danger Zone
4K?
__________________
Airsoft, where nothing is hurt but feelings.
Danke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2017, 03:56   #3
BenG
 
BenG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Calgary
The price is going to depend on many things and can be as low or high as you want to make it, basicly a housing is going to set you back about 1000$, you can probably find some for less and you can probably find some for more. and then the tube, you can get a GSCI gen 2 tube for like 1500$, not sure on the exact price for that (new). or you can get a photonis XR5 from Europe for 8000$ roughly, or any myrad of gen 2 tubes available from any number of manufactures. So your cost is roughly 2500-9000$.

You could probably do it for less and you can deffinantly make it cost more.

My advice is, unless you have a serious hard on for the pvs-14 housing, which is kinda shit compared to some of the new housings (although its still a great housing, and i do personally love it), just get a generic gen 2 tube like a night optics D300 SHP, or any other gen 2 tube thats available, the GSCI gs-14 etc. and of course, you could just drop the ~3500$ on a used gen 3 pvs-14. Gen 2 will be fine for airsoft, gen 3 and like the super high end gen 2 like the XR5s are obviously better but really any decent gen 2 or better is going to give you a pretty fun night game.
__________________
Administrator for Calgary Airsoft -click here

Age Verifier ~ Calgary

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderCactus View Post
I think that's the direction I should have gone with this one though.
gen1 - I can't see shit
gen2 - I see LOTS of green, but not many people
gen3 - Nobody wants to play with me because I'm an elitist asshole now

Last edited by BenG; December 5th, 2017 at 04:00..
BenG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2017, 14:52   #4
pabs
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Waterloo
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenG View Post
The price is going to depend on many things and can be as low or high as you want to make it, basicly a housing is going to set you back about 1000$, you can probably find some for less and you can probably find some for more. and then the tube, you can get a GSCI gen 2 tube for like 1500$, not sure on the exact price for that (new). or you can get a photonis XR5 from Europe for 8000$ roughly, or any myrad of gen 2 tubes available from any number of manufactures. So your cost is roughly 2500-9000$.

You could probably do it for less and you can deffinantly make it cost more.

My advice is, unless you have a serious hard on for the pvs-14 housing, which is kinda shit compared to some of the new housings (although its still a great housing, and i do personally love it), just get a generic gen 2 tube like a night optics D300 SHP, or any other gen 2 tube thats available, the GSCI gs-14 etc. and of course, you could just drop the ~3500$ on a used gen 3 pvs-14. Gen 2 will be fine for airsoft, gen 3 and like the super high end gen 2 like the XR5s are obviously better but really any decent gen 2 or better is going to give you a pretty fun night game.


Thank you very much!!
This is what I was looking for


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
pabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2017, 17:38   #5
pestobanana
Squid Porn Superstar, I love the tentacles!
 
pestobanana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Richmond Hill and Waterloo, Ontario
Gen 2 covers a very broad level of night vision nowadays. There are some really shitty Gen 2 tubes, there are also high end Gen 2 tubes that compete directly with Gen 3 technology. Instead of looking at the Gen 2 title and figuring out how much it costs, consider how much you're willing to spend. Keep in mind that any unit under 3k is probably not worth buying.
__________________
Guardians of Asgaard - KF32

VFC H&K 416C
VFC KAC SR16 JL Billet SBR

TM FN Five-seveN
pestobanana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2017, 18:00   #6
pabs
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Waterloo
Quote:
Originally Posted by pestobanana View Post
Gen 2 covers a very broad level of night vision nowadays. There are some really shitty Gen 2 tubes, there are also high end Gen 2 tubes that compete directly with Gen 3 technology. Instead of looking at the Gen 2 title and figuring out how much it costs, consider how much you're willing to spend. Keep in mind that any unit under 3k is probably not worth buying.


Thx, is there any legit site in Canada that would give me choices ?

Usually see things pop up on this forum or eBay but nothing so far like a fully stocked portal that may deal with us.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
pabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2017, 18:39   #7
pestobanana
Squid Porn Superstar, I love the tentacles!
 
pestobanana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Richmond Hill and Waterloo, Ontario
There are no good sites in Canada.
Get age verified and you can see there are some Gen 3 units for sale on the classifieds here, price hovers around 4k.
__________________
Guardians of Asgaard - KF32

VFC H&K 416C
VFC KAC SR16 JL Billet SBR

TM FN Five-seveN
pestobanana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2017, 20:35   #8
pabs
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Waterloo
Quote:
Originally Posted by pestobanana View Post
There are no good sites in Canada.
Get age verified and you can see there are some Gen 3 units for sale on the classifieds here, price hovers around 4k.
Thx!!

That is the thousand dollar question, how do I even do it lol, I even have a few grey hairs, just keep on trimming them away LOL

Tried reaching out to the admins but nothing yet... feels like the messages go to an endless pit
pabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2017, 20:56   #9
R.I.T.Z
Crackers
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Barrie
Quote:
Originally Posted by pabs View Post
Thx!!

That is the thousand dollar question, how do I even do it lol, I even have a few grey hairs, just keep on trimming them away LOL

Tried reaching out to the admins but nothing yet... feels like the messages go to an endless pit
you have to contact an age verifier not an admin, then meet the verifier in person and provide a piece of Government Issue Photo ID.
__________________
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here."
R.I.T.Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2017, 21:00   #10
pestobanana
Squid Porn Superstar, I love the tentacles!
 
pestobanana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Richmond Hill and Waterloo, Ontario
If you are in Waterloo, I am an age verifier in Waterloo.
__________________
Guardians of Asgaard - KF32

VFC H&K 416C
VFC KAC SR16 JL Billet SBR

TM FN Five-seveN
pestobanana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2017, 21:01   #11
St. Ides
 
St. Ides's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: York Region
^^^^^
St. Ides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2017, 23:05   #12
pabs
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Waterloo
Quote:
Originally Posted by pestobanana View Post
If you are in Waterloo, I am an age verifier in Waterloo.
Perfecto, how does it work?

Thx
pabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2017, 23:35   #13
pestobanana
Squid Porn Superstar, I love the tentacles!
 
pestobanana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Richmond Hill and Waterloo, Ontario
You need to be age verified to access the classifieds section of this forum. You'll have to meet me, have a chat, and show me a piece of government issued ID. After that, processing generally takes up to a week or two. Recently they've been done very quickly tough.
__________________
Guardians of Asgaard - KF32

VFC H&K 416C
VFC KAC SR16 JL Billet SBR

TM FN Five-seveN
pestobanana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2017, 10:42   #14
BloodSport
Traveling Man
 
BloodSport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan
Quote:
Originally Posted by pabs View Post
Perfecto, how does it work?

Thx
There is a whole section of the forums about Age Verification and how it works, go look and read please.
__________________
Saskatchewan Age Verifier! Contact for more Info.
BloodSport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2017, 14:33   #15
pabs
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Waterloo
Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodSport View Post
There is a whole section of the forums about Age Verification and how it works, go look and read please.
Will do, thanks!!
pabs is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop


Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Gear Discussion

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Airsoft Canada
Airsoft Depot

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:28.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.